Can someone please explain this whole email scandal in simple terms to someone who has no knowledge of it whatsoever?

Can someone please explain this whole email scandal in simple terms to someone who has no knowledge of it whatsoever?

didn't you hear? she was cleared of all wrongdoing

It is all right wing propaganda.

She had a private server for her SoS email stuff just like the previous SoS did, and the one before that one. However, since she's Hillary Clinton, the Devil of the Left, Neoliberal Menace it was spun up into a huge story and lead to the FBI investigating and going 'yeah some of it was dumb but there's really nothing legally actionable here.'

I heard that, yes. But I'm out of the loop, so I don't really know WHAT she was cleared of.

Something about classified information and deleted emails, but every news source i can find doesn't really explain anything and it's all so convoluted and confusing.

She kept emails on an unsecure server. She had been keeping classified info on it. She also deleted 30,000 of them. That server was vulnerable to being hacked and presented a risk to national security.

> it`s not a crime if we did it, because some people did earlier the same thing

>emails have above top secret clearance
>insecure server so you can just read them online now
>pretty much every country in the world has a copy of them
Don't see the issue at all.

>Shillary keeps a private Email server in her home
>Conducts state buisness on said computer
>Poor security ensures that hackers can get easy access
>The government asks to see her emails
>"Oops, we deleted a bunch"
>Investigation starts
I mean, really she didn't do anything wrong. Certainly stupid and illegal, but not wrong. I think she's done a bunch of way more evil shit than poorly manage her emails

tfw there's people in this board who don't know what the picture is referring to

Thanks for Correcting the Record, fellow anonymous! :)

She set up a private server on her time as secretary, because all government correspondence is required by law to be saved and kept, and in time, revealed because of anti-corruption laws.

However, she did not want her emails to be in any way saved, so created intentionally a private server for all her correspondence. Also, that private server was so poorly guarded that most certainly both chinese, russians, and whomever else had basic intel agencies had read all the correspondence running through her office. This was a massive intelligence leak of all more dirty dealings america gets into.

It is by law punishable to even inadvertently leak secret material, and anyone else would have been jailed for life already for such a massive leak.

TLDR: Politican subverts anti-corruption laws, hands enemies entire intelligence due to negligence of security procedure.

T. Hillary

she dindu nuffin she o good gurl doing them programs n sheeeiet *oh look kool komersial*

She had a secret email server, unencrypted, in an unsecure location, which she used for government documents, including classified material.

Also, she runs a crooked charity (only about 2% or so of the charity's income actually go towards grants, the rest is used for "administration"). Basically a slush fund. It gets HUGE donations from foreign countries like Saudi Arabia, and large corporations like Microsoft.

It's basically a publicly-known secret that Hillary sells government secrets and favors to the highest bidder through her phony charity.

So she was just being careless? No harmful intentions, just being a stupid cunt?

>meanwhile multiple branches of the government were repeatedly hacked for certain because government IT is shit

Pretty much. The most you can accuse of her of is being your typical douchebag politician who was pulling standard CYA stuff.

>So she was just being careless? No harmful intentions, just being a stupid cunt?
Her intentions were entirely corrupt.

But she was careless, too, for that matter.

Corrupt and careless, a winning combination.

You have to be 15 y/o to not know that it refers to Bill's sex scandal.

Her harmful intentions are that she knowingly broke the law in order for her shit to stay secret. In addition, she took time to delete most of those emails once the FBI ordered her to hand it all over.

Debatable, but the entire intention of private server was to bypass the anti-corruption laws that would have revealed any dirty deeds. The act itself of creating such a server is hinting that she had correspondence she did not want even fellow gov members ever reading.

That, or she was just lazy, and did not want to go through the security procedures to use email, since its demanded they are housed in quite secure location.

She is either incompetent, corrupt, or so lazy she would be willing to break laws to go through less protocol.

fuck you

>poorly guarded
I think you mean totally unguarded. Her email server was bogged down with so much shit that the state department had to repeatedly whitelist it because it kept getting flagged as malicious.

If it was a person, it would have had every single disease known to man, as well as several dozen previously undiscovered ones.

Imagine punching a cop in the face. Think about what would happen to you.

Hillary got to punch a cop in the face and nothing happened to her.
That's pretty much the moral of the story.

Thanks for correcting the record.
I'm glad I now know Hillary Rodham Cliton, presumptive president, did not mean to host classified emails on a completely unsecure private network. I feel better knowing she's not guilty of gross negligence on regards to our nation's security.
Fucking shills.

In violation of regulations she kept a private server in her home for emails. There would be several advantages to doing this from her perspective. Private servers in your home would be immune to Freedom of Information Act requests. It would also mean outside agencies would be unable to legally access her emails with a warrant (normally law enforcement only need to ask and gmail, Hotmail etc will turn over every email you have). Her emails also wouldn't be archived. The down side of this is that it goes against regulations, there is no dedicated security/tech support, and it would be vulnerable to outside hacking. She wouldn't be able to legally discuss sensitive or classified material using this private server, but she did. She and her associates knowingly used this email account to discuss material up to a Top Secret classification. The FBI tells us that some of her associates had their private email accounts accessed, and it is very possible that Hillary has hers breached as well. Clinton also used her private email system while traveling abroad in an unsecure manner. It was widely known that she did this, and sophisticated state actors likely were able to access her server, and thus access the sensitive information contained. A reasonable person would not have done any of this.

>Lol its just national security, totes not a big deal

i weep for our nation

she ran an unathorized private email server to shield her communications from government oversight and freedom of information act requests.

server contained hundreds of classified emails. some emails contained information of the highest classification possible. when it shouldn't have. because secure networks are provided for classified communications, and only secure networks should transmit classified information.

email server was not running any sort of security software. hillary frequently used the server while she was in hostile foreign nations, over foreign networks.

IT staffer that setup and ran the server was given immunity. still used his 5th amendment rights against self incrimination during testimony.

Clinton Foundation emails are all withheld till after the 2018 elections.

emails reveal a lot of shady shit. like her foundation taking huge cash payouts from foreign nations and people. right before she did something as SecState that benefited them.

FBI summary is that it was that a crime was committed. But they could not find enough evidence of intent to break the law, to prosecute.

it was all just extremely careless, regrettable mistake, very poor judgement, that she promises to never do again. now vote for hillary.

HRC shitposted a little too much.
Clear cache, deletes history.
Forgot it's not allowed due to her position.
Every loser thought this will disqualify her from presidency.
FBI says 'yeah, they're losers'

government was hacked several times because they had to remove security features in order for Hillary's email server to send emails to government servers.

FPBP
it's over move along