Why does the US have such a boner for guns and never developed a culture around the katana...

Why does the US have such a boner for guns and never developed a culture around the katana, the greatest weapon ever invented?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qzhs1Z8Rwnk
youtube.com/watch?v=IF2wLZBUEi4
youtube.com/watch?v=1Qy-Be2cDGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zMG1xodbxPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol brings a knife to a gun fight

You posted on the wrong board, I think you missed a dose

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

>greatest weapon ever created
>defeated by chainmail

Pick one.

It's been proven a katana can cut a bullet in half you fucking moron

gee, I wonder

lolz

rapier > katana
katanas are too short, truly a cuck weapon

That's a terrible bait.

Try better next time.

Would you like to test that theory out? I'll shoot, you block it. I believe in you.

Get out of here with your sharpened fedora

katana is weaponized autism

youtu.be/Qzhs1Z8Rwnk

I will be happy to shoot at you to prove this theroy.

youtube.com/watch?v=IF2wLZBUEi4

Katana fag looks retarded. Kek. muh asian weapons.

Kek
e
k

A degenerate drunk with a Bowie knife could kill any faggot samurai.

>BB pellet
thread filtered

Unlike you
youtube.com/watch?v=1Qy-Be2cDGQ

The USA was founded after the invention of the firearm. We had no use for steel folded over 1000 times unless you wanted your dick to get shot off by a musket.

>rapier guy
>fit and agile

>katana guy
>fat and sluggish

Thanks doc.

A pistol caliber round maybe.
Throw some AP rounds chambered in Real Fucking NATO™ and watch it shatter.

>rapier guy
>gives le poke

>katana guy
>cuts your torso in half

Katana / range / around 3 meters with good swing and long arms
Desert eagle / range / when you heard burglars at your neighbors house, 3 blocks away and you need to shoot the one that is hiding behind the fridge

The guy with the katana kept tying or winning the fight though. Both in sports and real life the point is to hit the other person without being hit yourself. If you poke a hole in some place that doesn't kill or takes long time to kill you're dead unless you struck the blow without being hit yourself.

real rapiers don't bend harmlessly when they contact your chest

Now what if the gunman shot twice or more with ammo that wasn't a rubber bb?

>katana
>30"

>rapier
>40-42 inches

le dead before cutting in half

>Plastic pellet moving at most 500fps(most likely set up to fire around 385fps) is the same as a chunk of lead going 1000fps
The offer still stands, we can try it with any pistol cartridge you like.

Next you're going to tell me that ISIS doesn't represent "real Islam."

Fuck off mate

Enjoy those sore tendons trying to bisect a dude, remember you arent superhuman jackass.

kek
This.

I heard the only reason this scene happened is because Harrison Ford had diarrhea and didn't want to do stunts.

Might just be urban legend but I want to believe

> Katana

The greatest weapon ever made for killing unarmed peasants.

>nothing personnel, kid

Heh...so you think you have what it takes to challenge me. We'll just see about that...kid...

*unsheathes katana*
*charges it with mystic ki energy*
*splits into a dozen mirror images*

Come and get it!

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d12 Damage
19-20 x4 Crit
+2 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.

>beautiful artifact of warriors past but greatest no
Burgerbros please post glorious M4's

there's a word for katanafags, I forgot, fuck

I beg to differ

op is your katana made from hanzo steel

$20k for a fucking katana? You gotta be fucking kidding me. That's 6 months of the average Americans salary.

If that was stable enough you'd use it like a tonfa

*goes in a state of trance*
auuhhhhhmmmm
*exits trance after avoiding your every attack*
heh, did you just do something?
*unsheets katana dating back to the secons shogunate (folded over 1000 times)*
now get real kiddo, play time is over
*dives forward with fedora grazing the ground*
here I come
*dives upwards and dices you in four*
pshhh, smallfry

>lead is hard to cut
Bullets are pretty fucking soft as far as metals are concerned

Military sabres are the best actual sword, the height of european sowrdsmenship.

Maybe the rapier comes close, if your target is anarmored.

Considering samurai usually were armored, the sabre is the best.

This isn't an anime kid

Kek and a tip

Nothing personnel

Fucking weebs

because we're not japanese you WEEABOO FAGGOT

americans are pussies. period.

Katanas are shit-tier swords senpai. I'll take european steel over japanese pig-iron any day.

Guns were invented by chinks, too, kid.
If you want to be a weeb, have good taste.

Heh yeah. Bunch of unenlightened christfags

is there anything more beautiful?

Is this your collection, user? This is really nice.

>fps

We're talking about real life kid, not COD.

>tfw thought I found a German pistol at my grandpa's house after he died
>it was this instead

;_;

I have to stop reading Sup Forums at work.

So can a fucking butter knife

more of these images?

I like scene with gatling more

Poor b8 m8

Swords are overrated anyway. You couldn't cut through metal armor with ANY kind of sword. If you faced a knight on the battlefield, your only option was smacking him in the head with the hilt until he got dizzy.

Pic related is the only weapon I would have ever trusted back then.

Lift more.

>faced a knight on the battlefield

Why stop there and just use a morning star

>.gif
Wut Nagasaki documentary?

>Brazilian intellectuals

Go learn something dude. I feel bad for how dumb you are.

Or you could just flip the sword around...
Mordhau is a thing

colt navy 1860?

A dull kitchen knife could probably cut a bullet in half too if it was shot straight-on

FPS (feet per second) is the unit of measure most commonly used when finding the measured velocity of a bullet upon firing it.

Not that I expected a no-guns subhuman ape to know that.

Japanese steel is pretty shitty compared to others but there wasnt much they could do about this because the problem stems from the shitty ore they have access to; that and crucibles that can get hot enough to create slag free steel are a more modern invention. blacksmiths folded that shit 1000 times to give it strength but this came at a cost of being too hard and unable to flex which leads to the blade breaking (from my understanding).

heres a vid about ulfberht, one of the only good things to come from the vikings. youtube.com/watch?v=zMG1xodbxPc

Yuyushiki

The .gif is a splice, though. The explosion bit is from an Evangelion movie so don't get your hopes up too high.

>UR FUGN RETARDED XDDD

nice argument, the COD butthurt kiddos are showing

+5 to hit
17-20 ×4 critical
Toppest kek

I'd rather just bring a longbow, a hell of a lot of other people with longbows, wooden stakes, and a lot of people armed with halberds, bills, and poleaxes.

No cocky men-at-arms or shitty mercenaries will ruin my day. No samurai will do that either for that matter.

At least you got a couple