Why does the US religiously drug test all of its workers, even for fast food?

Why does the US religiously drug test all of its workers, even for fast food?

I can't even get a job at a grocery store because they do a hair follicle test.

Authoritarians will defend this.

> company using whatever means it wants in the hiring process
>authoritarian
I hate to break it to you, but...

Than don't work there or don't smoke

>Than don't work there
Well obviously I can't, and it's not so simple.

Every job here tests rigorously.

Then don't smoke
I don't see what's confusing you here.

I'll just continue working under the table, it's like they REALLY don't want me to have a real job.

Oh well, I'd like to participate in society and give some tax dollars back, but they won't let me.

Insurance companies require it.

land of the free, they said.

Because many workers compensation/injury insurance policies require it.

>Weed isn't addictive
>Can't get a job because you refuse to quit

Wew lad

You're free to starve, goy

It doesn't. I've never been drug tested, and I'm no Sanders supporter - I have a job and have held multiple jobs.

Why should I quit? I make enough money to get by now, I would just like to give back to society by getting a real job at some point.

Society are the ones who reject me, not the other way around.

>"goon" in my ID

>take recreational drugs that could and would affect your behavior and puts you at risk for getting arrested and being a danger to yourself and those around you.
>"it's like they REALLY don't want me to have a real job"
Gee I wonder why

>take recreational drugs that could and would affect your behavior and puts you at risk for getting arrested and being a danger to yourself and those around you.

>bootlickers actually believe this

Meanwhile you've got people working with hangovers, taking handfuls of prescription anti-depressants.

Those things totally don't affect you at all, you can tell because they're legal.

Those at least don't put you at risk for getting arrested for possession.
Also two wrongs don't make a right, alcohol is just as dangerous if not more.

The worst part about marijuana is that you can be arrested for possessing it and have your life permanently ruined.

It's not the health consequences, it's the legal consequences put in place to protect you from the health consequences.

>Those at least don't put you at risk for getting arrested for possession.

That's totally comparable to putting lives in danger because the cold medicine made you sleepy

>Drug users cant get a job

Good. I dont want you filthy shits anywhere near me or my groceries

There is no test for the consumption or abuse of fast food you idiot.

I worked for jimmy johns about 3 years ago and they didn't drug test me. Stop smoking weed and grow the fuck up, child.

Because Brave New World.

We need an underclass to toil in labor and service industries. If they occasionally imbibe a little too much Soma, that's a worthwhile price for society to pay.

I work for a major banking institution and was never drug tested.

Unless you have a security clearance, drive or work with heavy machinery, you'll almost never get drug tested the higher up the career ladder you climb. Drug tests are for poor people working shit McJobs.

I think you're really misunderstanding an employer's point of view. Hiring someone who regularly takes drugs like marajuana or even alcohol like you said is a risk not only because of any effect on your health, but how it affects your behavior and performance as a worker. You can swear to them all you like that you won't take any while you're on the job, but a worker that does not regularly take drugs will always be a more eligible candidate and a lower risk.

Did you even read the second sentence.

>even for fast food?
Wendy's never drug tested me when I worked there. Our crew would go out back and do dabs during downtime.

Here's a (You), I couldn't let you go without one.

Find a different job or don't smoke. It's that simple.

are you fucking kidding me ? what totalitarian state do you live in, ny or something ?

I never had to get drug tested for any job. I did, however, unironically have to get a penis inspection once, though.

Not all jobs drug test.
Could be different by state.
Almost all "equal employment opportunity" wont drug test.

You are so full of shit.

I don't smoke or do drugs but I've never understood that. You guys act like it's normal, and I still find it extremely weird.

Is there a good answer to that question?

unless they're not your drugs.
Then it would be an illegal possession.

VA. Northern VA kikes ruined everything for freedom-loving Virginians. Every job here from McD's to construction to IBM drug tests randomly.

Wegman's hair tests, looking for proof online but can't find it. Let's just say I found out the hard way.

Was it for a falcon purchase

I have literally never seen any non-white collar job test fro drugs except for being a trucker. And they all cheat them anyway.

Either stop being a fucking degenerate or apply elsewhere.

Companies get extra benefits if they drug test

>Ask manager of this ghetto corner store if they're hiring
>Get hired on the spot
>Makes me do a saliva test where you chew a piece of cotton
>I had smoked weed the previous night
>He puts everything in an official-looking envelope and seals it with special tape
>Work there for a year and never hear anything of it

They're filthy degenerates, It's not normal.

>Do something illegal
>Upset because of repercussions
?

"let me blaze one then drive the fork lift"
"let me blaze one then operate the meat slicer in the deli"
"let me blaze one then work the chain saw, what can go wrong".

aaaaiiiiiii

lawsuit

"they knew I was a drug user, Judge".

If you make enough money, then you don't need to stop smoking. But if you want to get an actual job then don't bitch and moan when people don't want a stoner working for their company.
Quitting shouldn't be that hard if pot isn't addictive like most stoner like to claim.

probably cause it was weed and not something like crack,coke,meth and what not.

i-i-i-i-is that abraham and the original rabbi's?

Just quit smoking until you get a job. Maybe after that you'll stop wanting to smoke. I smoked every day, every chance I could for 11 years. I haven't smoked in a little over 8 months now and at this point I don't really want to. The first month or so sucks because it's hard to sleep or eat but after that it gets better. Good luck.

>MUH ADDICT ACCEPTANCE!

Pot heads make shit workers, can you really blame someone for not wanting to hire one?

I've quit for over a year at a time before, still couldn't pass a piss test 12 months later.

I weight 180lb and I go to the gym 4 times per week.

And I wouldn't hire an alcoholic either.

This.

You're full of shit. I passed a piss test after 5 weeks of sobriety. I was smoking an ounce a week of medical grade and 5 grams of wax.

Do you test for alcohol? Or would you just know it on sight?

I will give you the exact answer, OP.

Companies drug test employees because they get lower workers comp premiums as a result.

I have cameras in my business that observe all activity on the premises. I get an insurance break for that. I also have a liquor license. Giving my local police access to my cameras grants me a greater insurance discount.

I'm telling the truth.

Insurance and civil/criminal liability.

If they gave any hint of it they'd be out. If it were legal to test for it you can be your sweet ass I would.

That's bullshit.

You're either lying, or you're trolling. Either way you're not convincing anyone.

>gotta assume everyone is a drug user even though drug use is going down

>let's let someone operate a machine that could start fires while high or drunk
>let's let someone operate a machine that could cause harm to other people while high or drunk
>let's let someone put other people in danger because they can't let go of their entirely purposeless hedonistic addiction

I wish I was lying or trolling. Don't believe me if you want, I have seen it with my own two eyes.

Sorry that your anecdotal evidence suggests otherwise.

Department of the Interior and the Department of Agriculture don't test their workers unless there is some sort of suspicion of drug use. Mostly, they don't care as long as you get your work done.

Then prove it.

Show that you haven't been smoking weed/ eating edibles.

Show the drug test that you failed in a years time.

Your words mean nothing, the evidence does.

Chemical plants and other industrial areas like that give people a breathalyzer at the door. If there is even a hint of alcohol, you're getting sent home and possibly fired.

we don't.

I work for a christian-run financial company and have never been drug tested. (I would fail depending on what they test for).

I have a few degenerate friends who are never sober, all of whom work.

3 months is the longest I can find for it still showing up in urine.

Yeah sure man, let me dig out my journal where I wrote every day that I didn't imbibe.

I'll also link you to the terabytes of constant video footage I took of myself in that last year as proof that I didn't smoke.

Let me also go rent a backhoe so I can go dig in the landfill for my old drug tests from 2012-2013. I've got a pretty good idea where they are and how deep!

It's time to quit the liberal herb of choice and take big boy drugs

I work in construction and usually when I start at a new company there is a drug test. I approoach it one of two ways:

1) quit smoking for about 2.5 weeks and get the shit outta my system.
2) use synthetic urine.

Only failed once but even then I still got the job because I'm competent, professional, positive, and a hard worker. most people are surprised when they find out I smoke. only randomly tested once with an oral swab and since I don't get fucked up at work I was all good.

If you aren't driving/operating a vehicle/ heavy equipment regularly, operating in a high risk situations, or handling highly sensitive/secretive information then you might not have to worry about testing so much. this will vary. I found that so long as you are competent and demonstrate value that makes you irreplaceable you'll be fine. don't fuck up/make the company want to fire you.

Actually that's the most forgiving test for weed. Only detects 6-12 hours after use

it happens more than you would think

>Meanwhile you've got people working with hangovers,
legal
>taking handfuls of prescription anti-depressants.
legal
>weed
illegal

What is so hard for you to understand? Don't do illegal things.

So you have no evidence of your claim.
You have no proof to offer other than your own two eyes.
So pardon me sir, for being skeptical of a claim that you can not prove.

Oh I don't blame you for being skeptical, shit I would have swore it was a lie if I hadn't experienced it myself.

30 days for urine and 90 days for hair is a good meme, 10/10.

It shouldn't though.
>My hedonism doesn't effect you in any way, my body my choice, etc.
Plenty of people die because of drunkards.
Potheads would probably be a lot worse.

one year for not smoking and it still comes out positive is a great meme!

Kudos.

Fucking drug addict

my african american brethren

Mostly as a pretext for not hiring niggers desu. whites are smart enough to game the test

OH GODAMN I LOVE THAT FLAG JESUS CHRIST FUCK MAKE SWEET LOVE TO ME UNDER THE CONFEDERATE FLAG

Jesus Christ dude this is an anonymous anime imageboard. I hope you're skeptical about fucking everything on this website.

>grocery store doesn't want weed smokers
>grocery store tests for weed
>FUCKING AUTHORITARIAN SHITLORDS WHY DO YOU SUPPORT THIS, EVERYONE SHOULD BE FORCED TO FOLLOW A SINGLE BELIEF SYSTEM WHICH I HAPPEN TO SUBSCRIBE TO

I am.

You can't trust peoples word.

They don't, I took a drug test when I was hired but last night me and my coworkers snorted a shit load of blow and smoked a lot of weed. Most people in my industry have some sort of drug problem, I know maybe 5 techs out of hundreds that don't have a drug or alcohol problem.

>tfw making 72k first year and city average is only 28k
>tfw we are considered upper middle class here
>tfw no one would fire me

Your good deed did not go unappreciated. Sleep well tonight, friend.

Yes you can. Just not on an anonymous anime imageboard. Doesn't mean there are a lot of true anecdotes on here though.

Please tell me this is really her and not fake

It's their right as a private company, that's what freedom is all about. They could test for caffeine if they so desired.

I love freedom, it enables certain entrepreneurs to sell fake urine specifically used to pass urine tests.

Not true at all. I'm an engineer. Only been tested once.

We don't drug test unless you fuckup big-time. And even then it's only because of insurance.

Get a better job or clean up. Your call.

You can believe whatever you want, but that doesn't make it true.
Blindly accepting stories without anything to back it up is foolish.

So why is it bad, and how does supporting it make someone an authoritarian?

That works both ways, you can disbelieve anything you want, but that doesn't make it false.

At what point did I say it was bad? I asked why, and lots of friendly anons responded answering my question.

I think a follicle test is a bit much for a grocery store, but hey, it's their money.

What? When I had a fast food job during high school I never got drug tested.

I'm in favor of drug tests, but only if they can find a way to start testing for alcohol and other mind-altering prescription meds.

You already know the reason: they personally do not want someone like you. You also called anyone who supports this an authoritarian, in spite of the fact that this makes no god damned sense.

You aren't asking, you're complaining. You see a problem. You're only flip-flopping now because it looks stupid and there's obviously nothing authoritarian about it.

What state do you live in?

Then provide some evidence for your claim.

Authoritarians would be in favor of drug laws, since they love telling me what I can and can't do in the privacy of my own home.

I already told you, I'm uploading the video, only 99.99999% left!