Can Disney just fuck off already?

Can Disney just fuck off already?

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/definitive-proof-that-academy-voters-are-ignorant-about-animation-96680.html
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shouldn't you be making a Makeup Award thread?

It's not going to change anything because everyone would still see animation as children's entertainment.

I complained too when I first heard about this movie. It's getting to the point of discrimination with these caricature stereotypes assigned to anthropomorphic animals. It's downright insulting to furries and otherkin for companies to continually play up these racial stereotypes. Furries have been dealing with this sorta thing for a long time and I for one am tired of it. It needs to fucking STOP. Not every fox needs to be a sly criminal, bunnies don't have to be oversexualized bubbly thumpers, and don't get me started on how they portrayed all the predators going crazy off a fucking drug. Come on. Cannibal is only on a rise in Papa New Guinea and that's among regular humans, it is not furries eating people. This whole issue has me worked up and I don't think laying out in the sun is going to calm me down right now. Fuck disney and fuck this movie.

Give it 15-20 years when our age group who show an actual appreciation towards the effort put into animation and doesn't just dismiss it as kiddy shit begins to make up the majority of voters.

Until then best animation will be a Disneycentric joke of an award.

That said Zootopia actually deserved to win this year so it's not like I'm really angry this time like I was for Big Hero 6, Brave, and Frozmeme

>the next generation will look back at their favourite childhood films such as Zogtopia, Jungle Book (2016), Marvel's Captain America: The Civil War

>Zootopia actually deserved to win this year
Kill yourself.

Yeah but that makeup tho

You actually are this upset aren't you

This pissed me of so much. Wanted to make a thread about it. Glad you did. I say the Academy doesn't even watch the fucking films. They just see
>Disney...oh I remember Disney makes CARTOONS. They make good CARTOONS. I remember Micky Mouse

Pic related should have won but fuck an independent studio, right?

Just like Song of the Sea should've won.

Not as upset as OP, you guys can keep your useless brandwar drama going

Kubo had great technical stuff but dogshit everything else.

>Pic related should have won
Nah absolutely not
In the case of any other Laika film, absolutely but Kubo was really fucking weak. I agree though, Disney and Pixar get too many Oscars just for being Disney and Pixar

t. butthurt weeaboo tard

>tfw Unnecesary Adaption #21521 got the SFX Oscar over this.

Still salty cuck? You know what they say, 15th time's the charm!

>That said Zootopia actually deserved to win this year so it's not like I'm really angry this time like I was for Big Hero 6, Brave, and Frozmeme

This so much.

thanks for proving my point.

zootopia deserved to win this. meanwhile your favourite anime didnt even get nominated lmao

Coraline should have won in 2009. It was better than the other nominees that year.

>being so butthurt you have to resort to some sort of infograph
you aren't exactly doing any favors for your case

good goys, you can be anything if you want yes goyim, vote zootopia

I will forever be pissed that this furbait garbage won over 君の名は

Mathew Mcconaughey was on the Graham Norton show recently and the conversation was about how he's not really been in any films that he can show his kids, and he talked about Sing being the first animated film he's voiced for. So even the actors in Kubo forgot it existed. It's a shame really, everything Laika make is beautiful but they're going to die off soon.

Why though? The story was clever, deep, made me laugh, made me cry, made me smile. So many emotions and not the cheap way. I don't see why it isn't amazing.

>unironically using weeaboo/weeb/etc. as an insult circa 2017
>that horrible use of capitalization and punctuation
>lmao
>blatant samefaggotry
Ladies and gentleman, the Zoophilia fanbase...

I haven't even seen Zootopia, try again.
I even watch anime, I just don't get butthurt over silly terms on anonymous imageboard like you do.

>I say the Academy doesn't even watch the fucking films. They just see
>Disney...oh I remember Disney makes CARTOONS. They make good CARTOONS. I remember Micky Mouse
That's EXACTLY what happens every year.
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/definitive-proof-that-academy-voters-are-ignorant-about-animation-96680.html
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

>I haven't even seen Zootopia, try again.
>zootopia deserved to win this

>all this salt

I have seen all three big (Kubo, Zootopia, Moana)
Moana was the usual DIsney princess movie, not much.
Kubo was fucking good, the best visual effects, I liked it.
But I think Zootopia deserved this win. Great effects even there, interesting characters and, more than that, the environment. Not a still scenery, but a pulsating, interacting city.
Still, they are really close.
But obviously this comment will be dismissed as trolling or similar.

Not the guy you're replying to but I liked all of it up until the final battle. The worm/dragon dude was a shitty design and I didn't (I never do) appreciate the love conquers all bullshit ending. I'm not sure what I wanted instead of that but I just know the ending felt really off.

Go back to your containment board, Sup Forums.

That wasn't (Me) you fucking dumbass

I thought it was the furries that need to be on their containment board. Here, lemme help you:

>m-muh s-s-s-safe sp-ace

>grammar lesson on Sup Forums
>le samefag XD

how long have you been here kiddo?

Why was The Red Turtle even nominated. It was pretty bad.

>implying Sup Forums hasn't always been grammar nazis
Longer than you have apparently.

You do realize grammar nazi was a term coined to make fun of people like you, right?

this movie sucks ass

How so?
Not arguing, I just never saw it.

>hates furries
>posts a furry thread

I didn't see Kubo, but I saw Zootopia. It wasn't like I hated but I can't actually subscribe any investment into it.

And you know, I saw people saying 'I want to fuck that bunny' starting with trailer 1. And I thought 'well, I'm a degenerate. perhaps this IS the movie for me!' but the bunny, which was a cartoon character, managed to have an unappealing personality. Zootopia was about emotional immaturity and pacing through development. That bunny should have spent a few years growing into adulthood before becoming a metropolitan fucking police officer. What a fucking dope.

The themes of race were so on the nose I just looked past them.

Zootopia is about Naivete. It's about being an idealistic turd with no perspective and getting rewarded through that by nothing but fortune and coincidence. It's a frightening glimpse into the mind of the entitled bumpkin.

That Bunny should have become a teacher's aide due to some misguided advice and the film should have ended with her punching some poor fox kid in the face.

I don't feel anything watching some furry broad sitting ALONE listening to pop music on a bullet train and getting all pleased with herself.

>WOW, ZOOTOPIA!!!! I BET IT SMELLS really BAD

The cleanliness of zootopia was also disorienting. Animals don't litter? Animals spit and eat shit. Animals barf. The idea that the elimination of predation is retarded if animals don't behave like animals anyway.

Yes, I've seen this plenty before. OP is most likely a furry, wants to make a furry thread. He knows if he makes it too obvious, it will get shot down. So he tries to slip it through as a hate thread, knowing it will stir up controversy and replies, and to his hope, accrue some furry replies all the while.

I don't know about YOU anons, but I LOOOOVE it when a lifelong underdog protagonist essentially vomits her way to victory through a series of meaningless dehumanizing contests culminating with their speciality.

Zootopia climaxes with a cop/actress coercing a visible minority to blackmail an authority figure with a feigned hate crime.

The Fox was particularly perplexing as a living cheat code that didn't really break any rules of zoo society, but simply abused its capitalistic egalitarian values in order to live a basic and efficient life. The Fox was like a mosquito that knew which veins were insensitive, and he was arguably the most reasonable character present, desperate to eke out a pleasant existence without scrutiny or abuse.

His blatant analog to economically disadvantaged urbanites was confusing as well since he was not beholden to survival instinct but blatant profiteering and oppurtunism.

It's not even like they really took down a tangible malicious entity comparable to our own world. So the problem is...middle management by females with victim complexes? What the heck, disney???

Boring movie desu.

>muh anime didn't win waaaah abloo bloo bloo

That's no excuse for typing like a retard.

>automatically assuming that OP was rooting for anime even though he didn't allude to it at all and was just simply calling out the Oscars for being Disneyshills
Zootopiafags everyone... And even if he was, ANYTHING is better than that furryshit.

I can taste your tears through TCP/IP. :^)

Stop whining OP. The problem is not the movie but the voters criteria.

How much is Disney paying you to shitpost for them?

It's both Disney AND the voters. The voters don't give a shit about animation, and Disney bribes the Academy to shill their movies every year.

The only other animated films that were nominated were Life as a Zucchini and, you guessed it, Your Name. But, we're so sure OP is assblasted about Life as a Zucchini didn't win at all, right?

no it shouldn't've

>it's not like I'm really angry this time like I was for Big Hero 6, Brave, and Frozmeme

>Big Hero 6
Goddamn, I'm still angry about this.
This was the win that made me believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that this award is absolute bullshit.

It was such a mediocre movie surrounded in a sea of amazing movies that year and still won literally because Disney

Did you actually enjoy this movie? Be honest. I honestly think you're just meming "but THIS is the quality, sophisticated, REAL animation" as if you don't realize you're just parroting the film's marketing campaign.

She's hot as fuck in that movie. Am I a pedo?

pleb

>posts the japanese title

It was a really well animated movie.

I don't get why some people dismiss Disney and praise Pixar in the same breath, it's weird.

This was a shit year for animated films.

Zootopia was a 7/10 at best, Anomalisa was eh, Kubo was painfully mediocre. I haven't seen the anime films but they don't look nearly as strong as previous years contenders.

Your Name. wasn't nominated.

Zootopia was well animated thanks to its big budget, but its animation was neither memorable nor technically innovative.

I was mad the year Kaguya Hime AND Song of the Sea lost to fucking BH6. Or when The Wind Rises lost to Frozen. But this year, Zootopia was legitimately the best one out of the nominations.

>not wanting to fuck that bunny
are you gay or something ?

>Zootopia was legitimately the best one out of the nominations.
No it fucking wasn't.

Yawn, so 2009

I disagree

Thats where you and your kind belong. Funny that most of the threads there know their place

Evangelion 3.0+1.0 will win Best Animated Film in 2043

There won't be Oscars or America anymore in 2043

What did he mean by this?