Is there a country in Europe with a richer wildlife than Sweden? Serious question

Is there a country in Europe with a richer wildlife than Sweden? Serious question

Other urls found in this thread:

svenskjakt.se/uncategorized/stromsund-bjorntatast-i-varlden/
dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2015/12/flamingo-flock-moves-into-zeeland/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camargue_horse?oldformat=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Canada

Russia

Anything in South america?

Not European

didn't see the "europe" in the post, but west russia is european.

Russia.

>wildlife autist

what is up with your kind, making the same threads, same topic

you probably think its funny or you really need validation from neets/high schoolers/office workers from the internet?

Sry. my bad
Same

You would also care if you lived in a country with rich wildlife

It's a great topic, moron.

And I have seen you replying to these threads a lot, being all sullen about your lack of nature.

wtf?

What did your country even do to have so piss-poor wildlife? Germany has an extremely high population density and even they have way richer wildlife

>Less than 115 mammals
>Less than 560 birds
>""""Rich"""" wildlife
Lmao

Your country is a fucking wasteland. Nothing to be proud

If Somalis count then yes, you sure have a very 'diverse' wildlife.

>his country doesn't have more than 57,000 species recorded

GTFO animalets

Don't even reply to me disgusting animallet

Where are these numbers from? I don't think there are this few species of mammals and birds.

Estonia

per land mass

Your country doesn't even have moose. Quite pathetic tbqhwy

Wikipedia, list of mammals in Spain/Sweden and list of birds in Spain/Sweden

Estonia only has 1 species of fox, we have 2. I'm certain that we have a higher moose density as well

I see 84 mammals in Sweden. Apparently Norway have more of them, if those numbers are correct. But does Spain have enough woods and unpopulated aread to house vast numbers of said species? The truly impressive thing about Sweden is that these animals prospers outside the cities.

Do you have tropical rainforest in Sweden?

Spain is one of the countries with the less population density in Europe m8

Jag älskar fjällrävar

No, but we have arctic wildlife

Alright mate. Do you have any kind of information on how plentiful your wildlife is tho? Here's something about Sweden:

"Because it is one of the world's most underrated wildlife destinations. Sweden's vast coniferous forests and pristine lakes and wetlands are packed with exciting species including 2,500 European brown bears, more than 200,000 beavers, 250,000 moose and 200 wolves."
- Simon Birch, BBC Wildlife magazine

we wuz densely moose and shit

we wuz densely bears as well.

Translate this article
svenskjakt.se/uncategorized/stromsund-bjorntatast-i-varlden/

Spain is actually great nature wise and the north have good forests.
Sweden may be quite wild and sparsely populated but it lacks variety, of climate and habitat. In comparison Spain has much varied landscapes which means very different species from on place to another, instead of having pretty much the same animals everywhere like Sweden
I'm not an expert but that's how I see it

If we're discussing sheer numbers Sweden must be very high, but diversity counts as well. The 4 animals in OP pics are a drop the thousands of other animals species

Spain doesn't have moose, muskox, reindeer, arctic fox or wolverines. Name as many spanish animals that we don't have. (Post cool animals, not a random bird or insect)

>Post cool animals, not a random bird or insect
>"I'll prove you you are wrong, but on my own terms"

Random birds and insects or suff like snakes and scorpions counts as wildlife, user

I like to think of both as valuable traits which is more powerful when combined. If you have numbers as well as variety then I'll be impressed. I don't know if spain has the numbers to impress me, but I'm assuming that they actually do.

I think that having a couple of more species than Sweden is not very valuable in itself if they only have a few of those here and there. Wildlife is impressive when you actually have a lot of it. When you can house them in vast unspoiled lands. When you actually can say that you have access to mother nature in your backyard.

>Random birds and insects or suff like snakes and scorpions counts as wildlife
A beetle isn't nearly as cool as a bear is

The question is
>"Is there a country a country in Europe with a richer wildlife than Sweden ?"

I'm reasonnably telling you there may be, Spain is but one exemple. The question you asked had nothing to do with the wildlife being cool at all.

Would you be as impressed seeing a fucking roach as you would a bear?

No I wouldn't, but it wasn't what the thread or this discussion was about tho. I don't think I can make myself clearer

Pyrenean chamois, Spanish imperial eagle, iberian wolf, iberian lynx, cantabrian brown bear, iberian ibex. Those are endemic to the Iberian peninsula

You can kind of get a sense of the theme the Swede is implying with the OP pic tho, even tho he wasn't very specific.

This

The Netherlands has animals like seals, cows, flamingos.

literally first time i actually replied you dumb hillbilly norgayan redneck

Cantabrian brown bear refers to a population of Eurasian brown bears (Ursus arctos arctos, the very same species as we have here)

Your Lynx actually differs a bit tho. But then again, you only have it instead of the lynx lynx (the normal eurasian kind), so it's just like saying "we have ours and you have yours", but nobody can say they have something "more" than the other in that regard.

>flamingos
Really?

Yeah I get it honestly, but user was biased as fuck by asking me to name animals within his set of rules. You can't just ask me to prove my point and dismiss what I would say just because "it's not kool enough xD" for your taste, when in reality a species is a species and numbers don't care if any of us find one cooler

There is another hungarian who makes that same comment in every thread. Guess THIS TIME, it wasn't him, but you instead, a different person I'm sure.

On our Carribean Islands we always have flamingos.

Within the European part of the Netherlands itself very rarely.

dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2015/12/flamingo-flock-moves-into-zeeland/

Yeah I get you.

I for one think that birds are worth mentioning. Birds are cool and are nice for romanticizing one's nation.

It's cool that you have some in the lowlands.

It's a pity because we actually had Lynx Lynx in Sbane a century ago.

Wild horses do the trick as well I think, we have an endemic species in the Rhône river delta, with a mysterious origin and have been present in these marshlands for seemingly thousands of years. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camargue_horse?oldformat=true
Also a fuck ton of flamingoes there, since we mentionned them earlier

Don't care for wild horses in North America. They're destructive cunts

Not sure if any horses are really wild anymore? They're just set loose to roam, am I right? They are still bred horses, basically human pets set free into the wild, am I right? Not saying it's not cool having them roam the wilds (again), but I just want to be clear that I understand what we're talking about here? The ACTUAL wild worses are extinct(or changed into what we have now), if I'm not mistaken?

Yeah but over there they're kind of an invasive species no ? Since they had been extinct for more than 10 000 years before the European re introduced them

Do you mean just in Europe? The wild horses here have been wild for almost 500 years.

Yes exactly, they are very hard on habitat and native wildlife here but people have decided to place them in the endangered species list, which is very odd for an invasive species, so nothing can be done about them.

>Swedish wildlife

>scandicucks will never hunter proper european red deer with its beautiful antlers
>stuck with their fugly and dangerous deer giraffe they call moose or beta deerlets

how will they ever recover

But before that they were bred for a few thousand years. I mean, they live wild but they're not the same as we had on planet tellus before we started breeding them to suit our purposes. All horses alive today are tamed by humans, they are bred to be calm toward humans and basically you have 500 years of wild "farm animals".

We have a fuckton of deer, silly. They come to my garden all the fucking time too.

what the fuck

No, as far as I know this breed have been living freely in this area for generations. Of course humans took advantages of the herds and tamed some, sometimes realeasing them afterwards in semi-liberty indeed, but there are still herds roaming freely.
Their area, the camargue, is made up of many marshlands without many human presence. It's a touristic place and it isn't completely desert but it has always been spared due to the difficulty to settle in swamps

Yes, they are a domesticated species, horses almost became extinct and were only saved through domestication.

>moo motherfuckers
>moo moo

not central european, you have a smaller subspecies

It's still cool that you have them roam wild tho. I don't think we have that here.

We have more than one species here, one of them are huge and looks like your pic.

>alpha goats will fuck scandinavian goatpussy

It isn't cool actually. I wouldn't mind a few but we need to be able to relocate or cull them when necessary, but we can't, so they are a problem.

We have those as well. You don't have bears

Are those common in Hungary?

Mountain sheep are a prized possession among hunters in North America. A tag to hunt pic related is auctioned every year and ranges in price from $200k- almost $500k USD.

Can you please start mentioning something we don't have plenty of? Do you have these?

Of course not. They don't even have bears lmao

We don't have that much wildlife

we do sometimes now, they come down from the carpathians now because they are overpopulating the mountains

also our hungarian enclave in romania is surrounded by bears

Add Mouflon too, the Genet or the Mongoose

proper man

this is why this thread is utter shit, dumb scandifags just trying to bloat while russians dont post their tiger or brazilians their jungle and so on, literally beta scandi dickwaving

This is ridiculous, come in France, get some paperwork done and hunt one for 1k.

The swede is fully aware that Brazil have rainforests, and that Russia owns half a continent.
The meaning with the thread is to point out that most european countries have let their wildlife disapperar because of overpopulation and urbanization. I'm sure he's laughing right now because you got triggered and fell right into his trap.

This.

Probably not the same species but close enough

If you start with the Islands and oversea territories, I don't think any country in the world beat us.

>His country have less than 1000 races of bats

It's complicated. There are affordable sheep hunts in various states and provinces. It's specifically for the Rocky Mountain Bighorn species in Canada and the USA. You can try to draw a tag in the lottery, but the odds of successfully winning are well below 1% or you can buy a governor's/premier's tag at auction. The highest ever in the USA was $480,000 in Wyoming and in Canada it was $275,000.
It's kind of inappropriate to do this under the North American conservation system, but people allow it because it raises millions annually for bighorn sheep and habitat conservation.

I will let you judge if the difference is worth 499k$

It is a different species, or at least subspecies, as Frenchanon pointed out. We have sheep hunts here almost anyone can do, dall sheep, stone sheep, etc. It's specifically the Rocky Mountain Bighorn that draws all the lottery entrants and rich auction buyers.
It is an iconic North American species, everyone wants one, and they are a huge status symbol among hunters here.

If it's the size of the horns then we still have something to offer you. But if it has to be the exact same species then fine.

what, lol
not that common but hunting tourism is a major source of income for our hunting companies,

80+ cm antler is 2.2k euro, that means its one of the biggest trophies, youll be happy to get an avarage one for 1k

Horn size is important, China (as in the place that gladly hunts everything to extinction) put a moratorium on argali hunting because Americans were going to kill them all. They have enormous horns. With rocky mountain bighorns it's more of a status thing. It's basically the ultimate North American trophy and everyone wants it.

You can hunt these for $420 here (about $350 US). It's dall sheep, they are common in Alaska ans western Canada.

My parents have a big polar bear skin. Is that common in Canada?

i work for 500 eur and these faggots will pay thousands for some horns
FUCK THIS WORLD

>The only hard thing about them is to buy an auction
>they are a huge status symbol among hunters here.
Why?

>the ultimate North American trophy
Wouldn't that be the Elk or the Grizzly?

Not very common, but you can hunt polar bears in Canada, not the US though, they are protected there under the marine mammal act.

So, you would rather get a goat than pic related?

500€ wouldn't pay for food, how to you manage to live?

No, elk are a dime a dozen out west, many people take an elk every year with a cheap over the counter tag. Grizzly are impressive but too common to be the ultimate trophy. Moose are way up there, depending on your state or province they are anywhere from a very rare tag to a once per lifetime tag. Bison are the same, muskox too but they are rarely hunted because of the logistics. No one really knows why, it's like asking why a particular type if Nike shoe is so popular, fir whatever reason it became iconic, everyone wanted one, and they are scarce considering the demand, so they became the ultimate trophy with the biggest bragging rights.

Yes lol, elk are awesome and much sought after, but they aren't rare or expensive, or particularly difficult to get. You can buy elk tags in some states and provinces at Walmart and Canadian tire for