Is Ray Lewis the greatest defensive player ever? I think we can all agree he is the most cerebral defensive player ever

Is Ray Lewis the greatest defensive player ever? I think we can all agree he is the most cerebral defensive player ever.

I'm talking about all sports btw. Nobody covered ground like Ray Lewis.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x3VEqZcPx5U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Meh

>getting juked by tom brady
>good

>judging a 13 year career based on a .gif you saw on Sup Forums
there is too much pottery here, i can't even see your post.

Rent free

Maybe but this chad will go down as the goat

Urlacher was faster, but Lewis was more cerebral. He racked up more sacks.

and probably kill himself a year later from CTE

Every mike backer gets brain damage

Easier the deadliest defensive player ever on and off the field.

Its a tie for most feared, is there a defensive player today as feared as urlacher and lewis?

I mean Lewis was dominate longer has rings and was on a defense that is top 5 all time single season stats. The legacies just don't compare.

I'd put Lawrence Taylor in the discussion, deion Sanders,

Troy Polamalu

Who?

If you watch Lawrence Taylor film something you notice is that QBs have horrible pocket awareness and there's terrible blocking all around

*intercepts your path*

Soccer doesn't count. You only use the lower half of your body.

*kicks your shins*

they use their arms to cover their faces whilst suffering imaginary trauma.

Only if you tackle like a dumb ass

Who is this fucking Urlacher shill ITT lmao. Da Bears will never win the superb owl.

>le cry on the field man

No.

Bill Romanowski

lies

Who is Lawrence Taylor?

Defending is easy

He was a murderer on and off the field

who are those homosex?

Don't you have to actually play to be goat?

Lawrence Taylor is better than him in literally every aspect except pass coverage.

In an anyway halfway civilised society Ray Lewis would be serving a life sentence in prison right now.

Thanks for the free Super Bowl!

LT, Singletary, Ronnie Lott, Dick Butkis, Ray Lewis in that order

LT played a completely different position retard

LT

Read the OP, pussy boy. Ain't no motherfucker wearing purple the greatest at anything.

talking about football, a real man's game

disgusting greasy subhumans come in and ruin it with their divegrass bullshit

every time

Possibly but sportswriters will still put him/anyone else behind players from the 60s/70s

Ray was just a fucking animal. I don't know why there's no good footage of any of it on Youtube, but him essentially ending Eddie George's career is legendary. Got so far into his head that Eddie was hearing footsteps all over the field and basically handed Ray a pick-six to clinch a playoff game.

>he is the most cerebral defensive player ever.
He certainly knows how to cover for two murderers.

>OP is too young to have seen Lawrence Taylor, let alone Dick Butkus, Reggie White or Sam Huff.
OP, please.

not even the best defensive player in his draft

ray didn't fuck around out there

youtube.com/watch?v=x3VEqZcPx5U

>man's game
>fans have never even played youth ball
>don't know the rules
>still get mad over proper calls
>le time out ball
>TV timeouts
>players brag about manliness and Still dive and fake injury
>teams are slaves headed by quarter master qb

Underrated

Both these fags got rekt by The Bus

I'd rather have Ray on a mediocre defense, but Urlacher on a good defense

Ray was a better player mentally, and a better reader of the game
But he also had a world class safety over the top for large portions of his career

Urlacher was a gifted physical specimen and the best form tackler ever
But he didn't turn games around like Ray did by reading the game
Urlacher also [spoiler]never murdered anybody[/spoiler]

Nothing you said is about the sport itself except for your last two points, which are both false. It's more often that players DON'T get the call when they're begging for one

You should be thanking rex grossman.
Defense and special teams carried them to the superbowl

the justification for your claim makes it sound like ray lewis would actually be better on a great defense

anyways i'd rather have prime urlacher on a good defense, because in his prime he was a fucking juggernaut in pass coverage. most elite defenses still get picked apart by slot guys and TEs, but prime Urlacher didn't allow any of that shit at all. Put prime Urlacher on the 2015 denver broncos and that defense doesn't give up a single TD all year if healthy all season.

ray would've been nice if you have a mediocre defense because he's a one man run defense, and he was pretty decent in coverage as well. but if you've already got a great defense and just need the next step to be GOAT, no ILB will ever beat Urlacher in coverage and he also never fucked up in run defense in his prime.

Yeah, slot guys and TEs are the reason why Tom Brady is going to the Hall of Fame. Why can't defenses figure it out? Is it because Brady has six options at his disposal at all times? Belichick knows the other team's calls? What is it?

I'd say he's up there with OJ Simpsons, both had stellar defenses

>some roided up DaQuarius doesn't stand for national anthem
>millions cry like babies without pacifiers
>man's game

yeah it's crazy that nobody ever really figured it out. the 2015 broncos, with Chris Harris Jr in the slot and TJ Ward putting the fear of god into Gronk (even though he couldn't actually matchup on him, Gronk would play scared and shitty) was the closest anyone really got.

He was pretty good at getting away with killing people, but I wouldn't say he's the best when the juice is currently loose.

>cries like a little girl when he gets hurt
>chad

'no'

>ray lewis is the greatest defensive player ever

Fucking millennials have no idea what great really is.

It's easy to be the greatest defender "of all sports" when it's one of the only sports to separate defensive and offensive personnel completely. Other players in other sports have to focus on other things not just being a great defender. Althoguh, for me, it's Lawrence Taylor.

>all sports

Italian defenders are so fucking overrated, even I could look decent if I played in an ultra-defensive system with 6 man inside the box

Also to this point. A minority of people in the world play American football compared to Football so it's more likely that the talent level of the GOAT defender in American Football is less than that of the GOAT football player.

Numbers dont lie

Singletary was better than Brian

>being so retarded you think an OLB can be correctly compared to a MLB

id say both of these are better than those 2

t.oldfag

>deion Sanders,
this is obviously a linebacker discussion

Reggie White literally shut down half of the field by himself

its true though, Butkus won defensive player of the year in a season the Bears went 1-13

and Lambert was arguably the best defensive player on one of the, if not the best defenses, in league history.

I said that QBs had bad pocket awareness and there was bad blocking; what the fuck does that have to do with comparing a MLB with a OLB?

Remember when Ray Lewis complained about having to play on a 3-4 defense because he no longer had two DTs to soak up blockers for him?

come on this needs a you
my vote goes to Lambert or LT or Reggie White

Read the op you fucking retard

No, he have been better rounded and more technical, but Lawrence Taylor was the only NFL player that could just win games by himself NBA style. The normal concepts of the NFL just didn't apply to him at all.
>I'm talking about all sports btw
Certainly not this; with absolutely essential defensive positions like pitcher, goaltender/keeper, and then position kings like Johnny Bench in other sports. It's hard for a football player to compete with other players in other sports dominance wise.

>OP compares Ray Lewis to every defensive player in every sport
>people start bitching about MLB vs OLB comparisons the moment LT gets mentioned
Good to see that even in debate, offenses have to be rearranged up just to try to stop LT.

this roo fucker is right.

sacks his way into your path

>greatest defensive player ever
its Reggie White you losers and it's not close

PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS

Jim Marshall
Carl Eller
Alan Page
Gary Larsen

>tfw the Vikings had 3 Hall of Famers on their defensive line throughout the 70s and never won a Superb owl