Why are NFL teams' logos so fuckin ugly?

Why are NFL teams' logos so fuckin ugly?

Especially, compared to the other major leagues of Amurica

The Broncos, Pats and Eagles all have great looking logos.

>

You just listed two of the worst logos. Plus all three of their former logos are better.

Raiders is the only good logo in nfl

>A FUCKING B
>A FUCKING ORANGE HELMET

trust me, bro, none of us wanted it changed from this

There are virtually no sports logos that would be classified as ‘great’ by anyone in the creative field. Plenty of perfectly fine marks but nothing really clever or conceptual.

The Whalers and maybe the Trailblazers would be the only exceptions.

t. AIGA award-winning creative director

Saints, cowboys, colts

all of them are primitive AF

>primitive is bad
Found the brainkek

How do you expect people to think this looks good

because it's brilliant?

Are you memeing Francois?

It's the sneaky H

>

Sure it got a hidden letter but it evokes nothing. Great sports logos are symbolic, not look clever.

ahhhh theres the good shit

Yes that one is pretty good as well. There are a few exceptions.

>le nazi war eagle xDDD

There are some primitive logos in NHL, but at least they make reference to club/city/history

Theres a reason why the nazis used it(not a fan). Sports is proxy war. Nothing like your inoffensive corprate symbols.

The saints and cowboys logos are clear references to new Orleans and texas

I see the M, B, and baseball glove, but what does it have to do with Brewers?

M
ilwaukee

B
rewers

because the nfl caters to a lowbrow crowd. in fact, the average nfl fan is the dumbest of the major leagues

that would be nba, friend

nah

Yeah I'm not fucking retarded. I'm asking what the logo has to do with brewing in general.

>I'm not fucking retarded
your flag begs to differ

This is nothing compared to MLB logos.

youre just salty because the MLB is eternal, but the NFL will die in the next 10 years

I like the MLB more than the NFL, but the logos suck.

Why do all US sport "logos" look like either fizzy drink or children's TV companies?

>the logos suck

>half the logos are cookie cutter roundels or letter marks
>doesn't suck

>logo is a clipart animal from which the team is named
>brown helmet

you must be a woman or a child or both

>not realizing having anything related to beer in your logo would alienate a lot of potential fans
>being retarded

pick both big guy

We're talking about sports logos, not logos for mid sized industrial firms.

79893454 is the single stupidest post i've ever read in my entire life

>Bernie will never slide into a giant mug of beer again

Best logo coming through.

why are yuro "crests" so ridiculously tryhard? coat of arms + some cringe latin script? it's a fucking kids game. what the hell

All of NFC South, Ravens, Raiders, Jags have nice logos

>it's a fucking kids game

People kill one another over sports in the euro caliphate and the third world holes that watch it.

>late in that 1977 season, the Brewers announced an open contest to let their fans submit designs for the Brewers’ new logo, which would accompany new (team-designed) uniforms.

>One of the entrants was a graphic design and art major at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire named Tom Meindel. He heard about the contest from a local television station, and decided to give it a try.

>Meindel reportedly came up with the idea for the Ball-in-Glove while bored in a psychology class, sketching in the margins of his notebook. “I remember working with the M and B and I was stuck,” he later recounted. “I wasn’t going anywhere. Then I decided to start using lower case letters. The obvious thinking was to put them side-by-side, but I thought ‘let’s stack it, one on top of the other.’ It was a very crude drawing, but all of a sudden, boom, the light bulb came on. It reminded me of a baseball glove.”

>Meindel mailed his design to the Brewers’ marketing department, and a couple weeks later was informed that his had been chosen as one of two finalists, chosen from nearly 2,000 entries. The Brewers flew him to Milwaukee to discuss the design with Dick Hearn the team’s vice president in charge of marketing. Meindel’s entry was refined (possibly in-house, possibly by an outside firm), and shortly after Meindel returned to Eau Claire, he received a telephone call from the Brewers informing him that his design had won.

>a fucking seagull

Literally /r9k/ logo

This desu.

I like the tiger one better, the B was never a hit with me.

>A FUCKING STAR
saints is classy

I unironically find this to be one of the best logos in all sports

Only Leicester is cool

yes.

Colts, Saints, Cowboys, Raiders all have decent logos.
Otherwise I agree, they're all shot and baseball lettermarks are almost always classier. The cardinals and tigers lettermark logos are my favorite in sports, period.

It is, that's why I started to watch hockey actually

>says “why” like it hates its existence and wants to be put out of its misery

I hate when teams do this with new logos and overexplain every stupid little detail. Like, just have a leaf, no one cares how clever you are that the first angle of 76 degrees represents player X's 76 wins or whatever.

Because the B looks awful

Notice that most of those logos belong to expansion, or AFL teams, and not the original old NFL teams. Green Bay and Chicago have been playing for 100 years, when they were formed the logo wasn't even on their helmets, it was just a basic identifier for the city/team. Now its more of a marketing gimmick to sell shirts and hats.

NHL has the best logo's,NFL probably has the worst

>Why are NFL teams' logos so fuckin ugly?

Germany, please.

Soccer team logos are all shit, they look like something a Catholic high school would have.

Based. I came here to post the Winged Wheel.

Unrelated, but I once saw a Boston Sports (channel/show/fan-thingy?) that combined all the big four sports into one. It was like a leprechaun with red socks and a tri-corner with a B.

I want to see one for all the cities.

You forgot the NBA. 90% are just basketballs with words.

red wings have perfect logo, but they don't play in NFL, amerimutt

Those teams are all Detroit teams

list of good football logos:
redskins
lions
packers (throwback)
cardinals
dolphins (throwback)
raiders
iowa
mich st
florida st
s carolina
arizona st
utah
wash st
lsu
arkansas
miami
wyoming
maryland

forgot ga tech and louisville

not the Steelers?

!

A FUCKING LEAF

I've always liked the Rams logo, especially when its all white and blue

What did you win your award in?

Toronto Blue Jays is based.

I thought the B was a secondary mark.

>but it evokes nothing
Did you sell your soul to be GOAT shitposter? You should ask for a refund if so.

yah.

>Forest

morbid reminder that this is a thing

>all this obsolete pre-modern heraldry
Only the wolf and the tree are instantly recognizable symbols to those unfamiliar with the subjects.

>fizzy drink

that is some 'smibbly bibbly' shit right there

GOAT. They should have never changed it, it was perfect.

I won two student awards, then one for branding and two more for campaign work as an in-house ACD.

Because it has too appeal to a large and diverse group of people, this applies to nfl teams doubly so
Nail on the head

steelers throwback p good

4.5/10

Nihonji Baseball
>GOAT
Marines and Hawks
>bad
Red Chicago and Swallows
>not even baseball
Lions, Tigers, and Dragon Dodgers

>what are you even doing, nigger. hitting a ball with a damn fan
Giants

lion, dragon, and gryphon crests like these are ancient families of footy when they are just energy companies

>volleyball
>a seagull
>a goddammned prawn
>sustainable forestry symbol

Eh, at least it's clearly a Giant in the logo, unlike NFL and MLB Giants, who evoke no images of Giants. In their cases it's just a nickname for orange and black team or blue red and white team.

ok