Is this worth a watch my mates?

Is this worth a watch my mates?

Yes.

Yes.

One of the best films of last year.

No, it's shit.

yes, it is

Yes. Just actually concluded listening to an interview w/ Ford over dinner, having rented this film 2 nights ago. Simple noir story told beautifully.

I thought it was awesome. It'll probably be different than you expect.

Spotted the childish contrarian.

Worth it for Michael Shannon alone.

Just watched it. It was pure kino.

Yes. Very good thriller. Very much kino.

I bet you liked that in your face symbolism that has nothing to do with reality, bud.

i downloaded it and it started with an old ugly fat wman shaking her body full of scars and I turned it off and watched my little witch academia

Yup, I loved it

Didnt even realize he was in it til he showed up, what a pleasant surprise.

I bet you thought something you could say would make me less right.

I love Shannon, but he's pretty unremarkable in this film.
Jake does a bang up job as always though.

The fuck is that even supposed to mean?

It means that no matter what you say, I'm right about you. There's no use in pretending that this is a discussion or debate.

Ok, you're the God almighty, got it.
Please don't incinerate me with your eye lasers.

You can stop replying now. You got the attention you couldn't earn irl.

Y-you too.

if you dont turn it off after the kidnapping scene theres something wrong with you

>types like a nigger
>pretends he's in a position to determine when something is wrong with someone

>types like a nigger
BTFO
T
F
O

HNNGGGGGG

Amy Adams destroys it, god damn she does a good job in this. Fucking unbelievable that she didn't get nominated for the oscar imo. I mean she carries the whole thing imo, and gives into it hard despite it basically being an incredibly unflattering role. Also you see nips.

You have a lot to learn from sarcasm.

I thought she was good.

>english is everyone's first language
>being this ignorant
enjoy your cuck shit sick movies, kid

As much as I love Jake, I didn't think his performance in this was anything special.

Cinematography is good
Based Jake is good
Based Michael Shannon is good
Story is good

First book sequence is TENSE AS FUCK.
Amy Adams looks good as a rich bitch
this deserved a couple more nominations

I didn't realize how hot she was until this film.

to me he was just Adam Bell from enemy again

No. Sup Forums overrates this film horribly. It was a 6/10 at best.

Yes, definitely worth watching. One of the few distinctly average movies I'd heartily recommend. Don't read the rest of this post, OP.

Cool idea, the execution is at times too obvious. Definitely not at all Lynchian as the reviews said, but still interesting in its own right. I don't know what the best way to put it is, but it works too much on a surface level. There's no real mystery, any clues and symbolism you could look for are made obvious on the first watch. But I can't lie and say I didn't enjoy it.

The book plot was kinda dumb in isolation, but it really pulled off the intensity at least early on.

Amy Adams' character is really one-dimensional (actually, all of the "real" characters are). It serves the purpose of the movie, which is to put her and people like her in her place. But I found it hard to buy her emotional reaction to the book.

If English isn't your first language, then you honestly don't belong here. Sorry about your luck.

Best American film of 2016 - only one I saw that was better was The Handmaiden.

Idk if you're implying I was being sarcastic or what, but I was serious. She does really good and that performance will be appreciated once people see it for what it really is.

Are you me?

Maybe I have to rewatch it. I really didn't think she was that great. I get that the character is insufferable, and it's easy to get that mixed up with the performance. But the bit I couldn't get was her reaction to the book, it felt insincere but it was supposed to be her only genuine moments in the movie. And it's quite important for that to work, or the ending has no weight to it. I liked her in Arrival, btw, and I don't think she was terrible in this, but she held it back to an extent in crucial scenes.

I'm you but not weak