Lowest Oscar tv ratings in 3 years

>lowest Oscar tv ratings in 3 years
You know this was a publicity stunt right?

Duh

yeah man, have the publicity stunt at the end of the show. that will make sure people watch the show.

yup.

the fact that it was at the end and during the best picture award only makes it look more like a stunt

After all the fucking bullshit over the Oscars last year, it was definitely a stunt.

>"heroic" "passing of the torch" to blackie

Yeah okay. You're so woke Hollywood, holyshit

In a room full of actors how can we tell they are not acting?

>lowest ratings since 2008
>3 years

No, I think Beatty was being genuinely old and confused

a stunt to make the academy and pwc look like retards?

come on.

because niggers don't watch the oscars and they are doing a superb campaign this last years to alienate white people

I bet most of their ratings came from you retards

we are not that important faggot

>"And the award for Best picture goes to ..... Black people"
>wooooo
>limited news coverage, just a quick mention to let people know who won
>no one cares
OR
>"And the best picture goes to.... Slytherin. Oh wait HOL UP, it actually goes to Black People"
>HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>Biggest news story of the day
>#OscarsSoImportant
>#OscarsNotRacistAnymoreWeGoodFam
>"white people btfo"
>higher ratings next year

>3 years

No, 9.

>higher ratings next year
Why, when people can just check twitter the next morning to see who won like they did today?

have tv broadcast ratings been on the decline over 3 years in general?

But you don't want to miss out on seeing how live TV can go so "wrong"

It will never go go wrong again, no way anyone thinks otherwise.

Award shows just aren't entertaining, the average person doesn't give a shit about the oscars. 90% of award shows isn't about the movies at hand. It's just the same awkward jokes and rich people circlejerking each other. Why watch 4 fucking hours of this shit live

yes, my fellow ratings fag I also only watch the highest viewed trash on TV, don't forget to also watch all highest viewed videos on youtube, they are obviously the best ones.

It depends on what you count as tv. The Emmys count netflix and amazon as tv in terms of emmy eligibility. So in that sense, tv viewership has gone up. But why have ratings for the Oscars, nascar, and the nfl have been declining? Fragmentation. More hours viewed on screens, but more choices make for declines across the board except for the very new formats.

The sports and live events are used because they are supposedly immune from people recording it for later viewing, which advertisers hate.

Moron. More people watch the YT clips the next day now. Do you even late night TV? Do the stunt during the biggest award and cause a huge fuckup that makes everyone want to watch the next day.

If they'd fucked up the Best Sound Mixing award do you think anyone would give a shit?

Christ you're fucking dense.

I did not even bother to see it as I knew they will bash Trump with their propaganda. Also Karen Fukuhara´s career is dead.

Tv is dead. Ratings are down for everything, even the NFL

Here's the thing I don't get and why I know it was staged.

Academy members vote, then those votes are tallied and then the winner is printed and put in an envelope that is sealed. So why is there a second envelope with a completely different winner anywhere near the stage? Were fucking academy members casting late ballots? Shit should have been signed sealed and delivered two days before the event even happened.

I don't even care that Moonlight won, it's easily the better film. But WHAT the FUCK.

NFL knocks it out of the park on youtube now that they caught up to 2008...that revenue is worth a mint.

If those old faggots could find a way to streams games for free and slap some ads on them...NBL ABC and CBS would fucking tank and ESPN wouldn't be far behind.

Yes because news weren't even going to mention who won Best Picture until they pulled this obviously coordinated stunt to make them look incompetent.

The Rock's reaction is best

BAH GAWD THE ROCK CANN'T BELIEVE WHAT HE'S SEEN. VINCE MCMAHON'S LIMOUSINE HAS EXPLODED FOLKS

this
it's not like they have envelopes for all nominees and then just grab the right one when they hear the results

Yeah, they did a stunt to boost ratings during the last 5 minutes of it.

>publicity stunt
>host is completely fucking bewildered and handles the situation terribly
I guess he wasn't in on the conspiracy

>don't even know what happened last night
>judgmental and opinionated about an event they're clueless about

Sounds about right.
FYI, there was not a La La Land "Best Picture" envelope.
Warren Beatty was handed the Emma Stone, best Actress for La La Land envelope by mistake. He knew it wasn't right, showed Faye dunaway, and she blurted out the title.

Who else thought he was pulling a "moonlight is the one that truly deserves this" thing when it first started?

In her defense it did look like he was mugging for suspense.

It really couldn't have happened to a better guy than Beatty, he's got such a "who cares I'm Warren Beatty" vibe that it never played like a serious mistake. Anyone else would have apologized too much and made everyone feel bad

>implying best picture doesn't come after best actress.

One card goes to the winner, the other stays in the hands of a Price-Waterhouse accountant to verify the win. PW fucked up and gave the same card twice

That is exactly what happened, but maybe you're trolling.

maybe they should stop giving awards to movies that suck and make no money

>3 years
wow it's nothing at all

Are you trolling me or are trolls trolling trolls?

The world may never know.

>make no money
not sure how that is a legitimate measure for the quality of a movie. Also every movie nominated made a lot of money or at least a profit.

...That makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Apparently they have two complete sets of envelopes, one on each side of the stage, and hand the required one to the presenter as they walk out from whichever side.

Here they came out from the side that the best actress envelope was NOT used from, and some idiot handed them the next envelope in line, best actress, by mistake.

And what would be the logic behind that? Why would the big moment be two minutes before the end of the broadcast? Were they just trying to get a stronger lead in for the local news? Are we supposed to tune in next week to see the spellbinding conclusion?

>there's no more oscars after this one

Teenagers think they're really clever if they say everything is staged or orchestrated and then they just ignore the times they're wrong.

wow its like America is tired of a bunch of drama babies spouting their fuck drumpf speeches every time someone pats them on the back, I wonder why they did so poorly.

There won't. Screencap this.

Three years? I thought it was since 2008?