Anyone who has seen it, did Denzel earn the Best Actor nomination?

Anyone who has seen it, did Denzel earn the Best Actor nomination?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-vuAZfYE8iI
youtube.com/watch?v=jE2dDmMGfa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Absolutely, it's the best he's been in years. I'd recommend this film to pretty much anyone

>did Denzel earn the Best Actor nomination?
Yes.
>Should he have won
No, that award is rightfully Casey's

Correct assessment, user. I didn't love Fences as a whole, but Denzel and Viola were both excellent.

>Viola
I dunno. The whole "crying and having boogers shoot out" schtick is kinda tired. Didn't work in Doubt, don't get why it worked here.

She did more than that. Does she even cry in more than that one scene?

don't get me wrong, I think she deserved to win over the others, I just didn't think it was anything special.

im still fuckin crying over this shit, the one time a black man puts in good work and they dont give wtf

They weren't going to give it to him with Moonlight winning BP.

did Denzel play Denzel or was he convincing enough to be a different character?

not acting his ability but he always gives that vibe he's playing the same person every time

it was a very classic denzel performance and you were fully aware it was him the whole time. It wasn't a bad performance though, but I honestly don't think he deserved to win.

>giving the Oscar to a rapist white man

Disgusting, this is why we need more diversity. Whites are nothing but inhuman rapist criminals that shouldn't be allowed to receive awards. We need more hard working good African Americans to bring back values in this country once again.

Are you implying the Academy tabulates all the votes and then manipulates the actual results to conform to some agenda?

white liberals hate black men because are mostly conservative in thought

god denzel is so fucking overrated. the black tom hanks. he plays himself. this movie was long as fuck and just monologue after fucking monologue. i get it's a play but fuck me this didn't fucking deserve best picture nom at all. don't get me wrong denzel was good in some scenes but people act like it's fucking ground breaking. Viola was great. FUCK FENCES

I haft a watch several more to make definite comment cuz to have the characters-talking-around-material turn into cinematic piece is a bit of hard ass job. My initial reaction is Denzel did pretty decent job. Hope this film gets more recognition as years goes by like "12 Angry Men", "Gren Garry Glen Ross", or "Reservoir Dogs".

I think he's implying The Academy is a singular entity that chooses who gets awards based on agenda, and not a populist voting party

>the black tom hanks
breh, tom hanks has more range than denzel. Denzel is more like the black kevin costner

No.

Every male protagonist in an August Wilson play was meant for Charles S. Dutton.

Plebs love Denzel. We love a nigger who can act Denzel's pants off.

>hard working
>African Americans

Found your problem there

youtube.com/watch?v=-vuAZfYE8iI

this was a better performance tbqh

>ebonics the movie
I literally couldnt even finish this shit i felt like i was losing too many brain cells with the slave talk

(YOU)

August Wilson was an all time great.

At least pay respect to A Raisin In the Sun before I destroy you amongst the court.

youtube.com/watch?v=jE2dDmMGfa4

I want James Earl Jones to be my dad and berate me

it was ok

he's not black enough to pull off that role.

>A Raisin In the Sun

I meant The Piano Lesson.

May you burn my white skin off & cool it of as you cum on my wife's tits, black man.

>August Wilson
>Charles S. Dutton

I have no idea who any of those people are

>>August Wilson
understandable. He's a playwright and only black intellectuals probably know of him
>>Charles S. Dutton
BREH, go fucking watch rudy.

Casey Affleck can't fucking act for shit.

James really shits all over Denzel.

The power and presence he has to leave that kind of atmosphere, whereas Denzel unwittingly makes it a comedy

Too unbelievable, everybody knows black males don't raise their children

I don't think it's unwitting. Denzel knows he doesn't have the physical bearing to look like he's about to beat the ever loving shit out of his kid. Jones did.

Well to be fair he is still a nigger at the end of the day.

casey has been good or excellent for a decade in gone baby gone and that serial killer movie