"moonlight" BTFO by King Armond

>It is a Black Gay movie for people who hate Black Gay movies.

>The title Moonlight sounds romantic and, yes, gay people deserve to have their passions recognized, but there’s a huge difference between validation and exoticizing. Writer-director Barry Jenkins dives so deeply into this film’s exoticizing tsunami that he also turns black males—America’s all-purpose fear-and-lust fetish—into equally useless exotica.

>And sure enough, Moonlight has become the new Precious, the vision of black pathos that adds emphasis on gay-bashing so that viewers can feel good about how politically-correct and sentimental they are, too.

>I dare say that gays and viewers of color should respond more critically.

out.com/armond-white/2016/10/21/moonlight-and-myth-pathetic-queer

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/445206/jordan-peeles-get-out-trite-get-whitey-movie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder he liked Hidden Figures, The Great Wall and Resident Evil (the latest one)

Because these are actually fun and didn't take themselves seriously.

O U R G U Y
U
R
G
U
Y

It's unfair to tar Moonlight with the same brush as Precious

Moonlight is pretty forgettable, it had it's moments and despite it's premise never came off as preachy, mainly because it didn't have much to say by the end anyway.

Precious was an insidious, poorly made and written film. It's on the same tier as Birth of a Nation.

And BvS and Pooicide Squad

BASED

Is he, dare I say it, /ourbud/?

>black gay Christian
Is Armond the Milo of film?

Haven't seen resident evil but hidden figures and Great Wall are legitimately good movies. I'm guessing you haven't seen them though because they aren't up on pirate streams yet.

he is more like

/ourgod/

I just found out he was gay and I was about to be like DROPPED but then I realized he's what gay people should be, not queer, just keep it to yourself. The fact that I didn't know until now after reading his reviews for years shows it.

Oh come on don't compare this to precious you compulsively contrarian fuck

No but he is now Sup Forumss black friend to show we aren't racist.

Yeah his reviews are literary kino

lmao, no, he's /ourbud/ end of discussion.

I honestly and unironically think that he is by far the best movie critic out there.

Does he ever go with popular opinion, or just look at whatever it is and force his opinion to be the opposite?

he's not a flamboyant attention whore.

Me too, there are some other ones I read, but they aren't on his level, and most aren't conservative in their approach so he's definitely an outlier. Who else do you read?

He and Kermode are pretty good

>gay nigger hates a movie about gay niggers
Color me surprise.

He also liked Hidden Figures which should make you idiots really think.

reminder that "conservative" niggers are still niggers. honestly uncle toms piss me off more than the retarded gorillas--they feign intelligence just to cozy up to white folks. even try to emulate our writing. of course his prose is still overblown nonsense.

he also liked hidden figures, a movie that perpetuates the "gifted but oppressed" nigger meme. basically WE WUZ KANGZ IN SHEIT: the movie.

Has this smug nig ever liked any recorded media that wasn't his own colonoscopy?

He's a cunt... aka - some amalgam of the opinions espoused by this site's basement dwelling populous.

Daily reminder of Armond White's fanbase.

Yeah but only because other critics are completely shit

I believe women are stupid but I dont necessarily like armond. Kys redditcuck

Kek is that Korinefag

he likes plenty of well-received movies, but he seems to near-universally pan the biggest hits.

i mean, they have the same average iq with a lower standard deviation.

>muh reddit boogeyman

You know I never thought of that but it might actually be him.

I don't see the problem.

>Armond will never respond to your comment.
>tfw he never answered my tweet

Could it be my name @Dr-Fagguette_Phd?

>he's not a flamboyant attention whore

that's exactly what he is. he considers himself the one TRUE critic, always decrying the fall of popular culture and making deliberately contrarian reviews. he got kicked out of some even because he wouldn't stop harassing the 12 years a slave director.

great wall is shit, half the film is shot like a chink tv show nothing but mids and close ups with far too much looking room. Also the lighting is grade school level that only emphasises the Chinese lust to look more fair skinned

>I don't see the problem.

I love this negro, he makes people assmad like no other

He agrees with the tomato meter most of the time. He only looks contrarian if you look at his reviews of a dozen of so supposedly big movies per year. There are at least 5 oscar baits per year, so that cover a large part. Plus capeshit (except BvS) and the occasional awful "makes you think" movie.

KING ARMONG

BASED
A
S
E
D

Is he, dare I say it, /ourmond/?

McQueen deserves to be harassed desu, and I saw an interview where he gave his version of the story. Popular culture has been in a free fall as well, so he is not wrong about that.

stay a plebeian

How is Moonlight exoticizing and not validation? It's about a kid who becomes a drug dealer and musclehead because society won't validate the idea that he should be allowed to be himself. When he meets with a childhood friend he realizes what Juan told him when he was little was true and that nobody can tell him who he has to be, he just has to choose it for himself. He has an intimate moment of vulnerability with Kevin because all his frustrations and desires have been legitimized after years of society pushing back.

Sorry Sup Forums I know you like this reviewer but this is literally fucking retarded. The movie is not at all about responding to politically-correct notions of oppression, it's about the catharsis that comes from accepting who you are. The last shot in the movie isn't some fucknugget gaybashers get their just dues, it's Chiron feeling like a kid again because he's getting to validate his repressed feelings.

>black males—America’s all-purpose fear-and-lust fetish
what the fuck did they mean by this? Fucking racist liberal writer.

>defended jack and jill
>a product placement and ad that went on for an hour

hahahah they killed da nazis :^))))))
10/10
die nazis die

With the death of Ebert, this is true.

>Dullest franchise guy
Fucking hell

His taste in movies is fucking bizarre

>Ebert
>anything but a glorified pleb

Lmao, he got his jaw removed so he could suck Hollywood's cock better.

>Arnold hates a critically acclaimed movie

Whoa, didn't expect that. Shocking!

He's usually an interesting read and is honestly not as much of a contrarian as people say he is, he likes plenty of critically acclaimed films.

You sound swell.

why is he so based bros?

this will never be an argument reddit

t. Capeshit fag

Armond White is a house negro.

Well he was called a faggot his whole life and bullied and then grew up and had one gay moment now all of a sudden thats who he is. If anything, black people hate gay and especially gay black people more than anything.

nothing wrong with that

better than him being a pavement monkey nigger

butthurt faggot detected

Denzel came off as cunt.

August Wilson fuckfest yet I want my award for it.

black people hate gay
You're 100% on the money.. Over time as this movie reaches more of the urban areas the truth will come out.. This was a black movie written for a white audience.

It's more like critics' standards are so low nowadays that when a real critic like Armond gives his honest opinion on something he sounds contrarian by comparison.
We live in a world where capeshit and ghostbusters (2016) are certified fresh for fuck's sake.

lol of course he would hate the gay black movie

keep on keeping on Armond

Arnold gives capeshit good reviews all the time, but only if it's a legitimately bad one. He gave BvS a good review and TDK a bad one.

He thinks Assasins Creed is a better movie then The Silence. And compared them praising AC's religious themes while bashing Silence's.

I agree, but unlike most plebs and the ones against him he can defend it

Because it's not actually his "taste", he just makes controversial reviews to get attention, he's literally clickbait: The critic.

>see black person
>have negative emotional reaction
>see gay person
>have negative emotional reaction
>see black gay person
>double bad emotional reaction

guys... am I bad person... am-am I shitlord..

Based

he also hated Get Out

nationalreview.com/article/445206/jordan-peeles-get-out-trite-get-whitey-movie

Gays, mexicans, and then whites probably

>see Armond White
>have a positive reaction

How does he do it?

He liked Jack and Jill - and yet still feels the need to include a five-syllable word in every fucking sentence he writes. How anyone could take this pretentious twat seriously is beyond me.

and neither this

your post is so fucking retarded I don't even know where to begin.

You don't think flamboyant gays don't make it harder for the one's that just want to keep to themselves?
>captcha:3900 Rainbow

I'd just like to thank Moonlight for teaching me that even gay black people grow up to be lifelong criminals
Such an inclusive profession deserves to be celebrated

>clickbait the critic
>works for literal who tier gay webzine and the failing National Review

his schtick isn't working then.

You judged someone for their merits instead of their looks for once.
Or maybe it's just the beard.

kek. oh you

This, I'm gay but I hate gay culture.
I just happen to like dudes, but when I see those fucking rainbow parades,and that extreme flamboyant shit it just makes me cringe

The savior Hollywood needs, but doesn't deserve right now.

prove you're gay post a pic of your shoes

Yes, most clickbait critics are not very popular, and it's the only thing they can do to get even a few people to read them.

I like how his review made Get Out have a 99%

is he, dare I say it, /ournigga/?

How is he always right?

His criterion essays are fantastic

Dude seems nice

>black cast
>black director
>based on a play by a black guy

you sure it's for whites?

Lol, hes an actually gay black man pointing out the chasteness of a black gay film and he's uncomfortable with a movie that just wants you to pity people like him. Asking for nuanced representation isnt contrarian, it's supposed to be the endgame of your stupid social progressiveness

>always does the opposite
>even his last name

Really makes u think...

>So, you can how a lack of white blood cells can be dangerous to the human body.

Where's the white teacher?