Why is there an increase in science deniers?

Why is there an increase in science deniers?

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136
youtube.com/watch?v=ODElE-EEF48ement.
pastebin.com/Xxu2wqY6
youtube.com/watch?v=XaO_aH4cthg&index=1&list=PLebLAvrUbivauJRKwU7LHi8cmz6ZfWUHC
youtube.com/watch?v=_edD5HOx6Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=Gr8Az3QQZdI
youtube.com/watch?v=cxMkMBXAVZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6Vcvl0OeU
youtube.com/watch?v=WSNc0yZJZqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's kinda funny.

because there's an increase in science lying

Because their moms didn't love them

Simply put, complexity. If you're interested in the topic of scientific development, I'd recommend Kuhn's Structure of Scientific Revolutions. In the opening sections, he deals with what happens when a scientific paradigm is established, let's use the example of evolution by natural selection. Anyone with a high school education can pick up a copy of Darwin and grasp a significant portion of it, the same cannot be said of contemporary peer-reviewed journals. Unfortunately, as any given field matures and its inquires become increasingly complex, the knowledge of the scientific community breaks away rapidly from the common knowledge of the masses. Now, add in bias, etc. and you've got a recipe for creating science deniers.

oh shit canadia with the facts

Wtf I hate science now.

Guess I'm a #BiblicalMissile now

What reason would they have to lie?

>2016
>still thinks (((jewpitur))) really exists
Top Kek

Too much information available with zero fucking frame. That's why.

>disregard all other leafs

Thanks. Added to my meme. Forgot about that flake.

Because the government pays them to spread what the government wants people to think.

This guy gets it.
Non replicability and shit.

Especially the U.S. is growing ever more notorious for allowing its business to corrupt its scientific activities.
Practically it takes the form of the rather disgustingly polite and conflcit avoidant "Well deary it's nice that you'd want to use America research but i'd strongly suggest you to consider its relevance to us here.".

Between data corruption, adamant and emotional attempts at maintaining the all-important reputation and the startlingly limited deep interaction with foreign scientists and it is little wonder it is losing face quickly.

For example?

But the government would rather have religion and creationist beliefs keep the masses under control. There's no benefit in making people be more individualistic and free thinking.

People are getting more red pilled.
Over the years scientists have been getting treated more like priests with people blindly believing any fuck in a labcoat.
The masses are waking up and realizing that most "scientists" are just wastes of space at best and corrupt grant grabbers at worst.

because the earth is flat

roundies btfo

Because Christianity is in its death bed so its becoming more paranoid
Meanwhile Islam is on the rise so its becoming more zealous
The future is Chinese because they don't have to deal with those religions dividing their country.

the "97% of climate scientists believe global warming" it's a load of shit with obviously flawed reasoning but is parroted constantly

proofs?

Could you give me proof that they are lying?

Religion is growing in China, and China can't support is growth anyway.
India will be the super power of the future.

No, it's really not. I've yet to see any peer-reviewed paper arguing the contrary. But I'd like to hear your reasoning on why you believe it's flawed, as I've heard estimates ranging from 90%+

It's hollow leafnigger. Ask the Nazis

Super Pooer more like

Because they're trying to use science to justify government. Soft sciences are trying to spend and destroy all the credibility built up by generations of actual science. Scientism is the delusion of our age.

disinfo pls go

Can you prove they are telling the truth?

These would be the same Chinese who drive species to extinction because they believe in sympathetic magic?

Here are the ten core beliefs that most scientists take for granted.

1. Everything is essentially mechanical. Dogs, for example, are complex mechanisms, rather than living organisms with goals of their own. Even people are machines, ‘lumbering robots’, in Richard Dawkins’s vivid phrase, with brains that are like genetically programmed computers.

2. All matter is unconscious. It has no inner life or subjectivity or point of view. Even human consciousness is an illusion produced by the material activities of brains.

3.The total amount of matter and energy is always the same (with the exception of the Big Bang, when all the matter and energy of the universe suddenly appeared).

4. The laws of nature are fixed. They are the same today as they were at the beginning, and they will stay the same for ever.

5. Nature is purposeless, and evolution has no goal or direction.

6. All biological inheritance is material, carried in the genetic material, DNA, and in other material structures.

7. Minds are inside heads and are nothing but the activities of brains. When you look at a tree, the image of the tree you are seeing is not ‘out there’, where it seems to be, but inside your brain.

8. Memories are stored as material traces in brains and are wiped out at death.

9. Unexplained phenomena like telepathy are illusory.

10.Mechanistic medicine is the only kind that really works.

t. Rupert Sheldrake

Math is hard.

Because Islam is spreading to the west, shown by these shining examples of "progress", i.e. Londanistan and Cuckada

after a 30 second google search
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136
also, it's not that anyone is "lying". They are using flawed methods to get these numbers

>wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136

Could you dump it, it's behind a paywall.

are there more science deniers or have you just become more aware of them?

Except this time the leaf is not wrong.

Oh here he goes again. Look at you Canada, posting here thinking you just said some smart shit.

Out of all countries that post here Canadians are the ones that piss me off the most. Their entire fucking culture makes no sense. What exactly is it that you do? Wear flannel shirts and slurp syrup?

If I think of America I think of guns, pop culture and freedom. Sure, lots of ignorant baboons but at least they wear their retardation like a badge of honor, use it as a cultural identity, their flag promotes the unity of the country with all these stripes and stars.

Germany is orderly, a country that prides itself on its rules and their citizens who follow them. It's also the country with the biggest responsibility when it comes to destroying Europe with its two world wars and government sanctioned refugee crisis. Their flag waves strong colors, black, red and gold. A dominant flag for a dominant country.

Russia is strong and stubborn to a fault. They live hard lives and don't complain about it. Obviously the entire country is pretty much a shithole but it breeds strong people who can take care of themselves. Their flag represents the cold, the white, the blue but also the burning passion in the red, it all comes together to signify that their country is bleak but there is strength in that.

But Canada, what are they fucking known for? Being "nice", i guess? Is that your role in the world? Being fucking nice? That's not an achievyoutube.com/watch?v=ODElE-EEF48ement. Everyone can be nice. It's easy to be nice. You just don't have to say anything bad. So what did your fucking country decide to put on their flag to show the entire world what Canada is all about? A leaf. A FUCKING LEAF. You decided that you like to slurp your shitty syrup so damn much that you might as well put the fucking leaf that it's made of on the flag. You don't even respect your own country so why the hell should I.

Ok. You so damn smart

wasn't for me
pastebin.com/Xxu2wqY6

Thats retarded but it doesnt really affect much but greenpeace's feelings.

Odds are I used up my free article(s) for the month. Thanks, I'll read it and get back to you.

true desu, except scientists are exploring why life exists, and not flat out saying it has no purpose.

haha wtf? xDDD
calm down dude

It's literally religion wrapped up as "science".

Not true, just look to "pop sci". This isn't rigorous science, its half truths and vague applications. People put way too much trust in current science. Also, the government ultimately has no control over religion; however, they do have control over science produced by firms/organizations receiving public funding. The threat of government pulling those subsidies will always exist, and, depending on how dependant the scientific institution is on public funds, the scientific institution is compelled to publish findings that support government interests.

Oh here he goes again. Look at you Canada, posting here thinking you just said some smart shit.

Out of all countries that post here Canadians are the ones that piss me off the most. Their entire fucking culture makes no sense. What exactly is it that you do? Wear flannel shirts and slurp syrup?

If I think of America I think of guns, pop culture and freedom. Sure, lots of ignorant baboons but at least they wear their retardation like a badge of honor, use it as a cultural identity, their flag promotes the unity of the country with all these stripes and stars.

Germany is orderly, a country that prides itself on its rules and their citizens who follow them. It's also the country with the biggest responsibility when it comes to destroying Europe with its two world wars and government sanctioned refugee crisis. Their flag waves strong colors, black, red and gold. A dominant flag for a dominant country.

Russia is strong and stubborn to a fault. They live hard lives and don't complain about it. Obviously the entire country is pretty much a shithole but it breeds strong people who can take care of themselves. Their flag represents the cold, the white, the blue but also the burning passion in the red, it all comes together to signify that their country is bleak but there is strength in that.

But Canada, what are they fucking known for? Being "nice", i guess? Is that your role in the world? Being fucking nice? That's not an achievement. Everyone can be nice. It's easy to be nice. You just don't have to say anything bad. So what did your fucking country decide to put on their flag to show the entire world what Canada is all about? A leaf. A FUCKING LEAF. You decided that you like to slurp your shitty syrup so damn much that you might as well put the fucking leaf that it's made of on the flag. You don't even respect your own country so why the hell should I.

Because the internet gives a platform to retards, dimwits, the uneducated, and the mentally ill.

And stupid people beget stupid people.

I have a Jewish girlfriend, my best friend growing up was Indian, I go out after work with my black co-workers, the guys who make my lunch everyday are Mexican and are as hard-working and loyal as anyone out there. I have a large social network of people of almost every background.

I live in Toronto, one of the most diverse places in the world. I love it here and it wouldn't be fun to live here if it was just white people here...

You white nationalist guys on here should just find a random island and make it a white only playland...we won't miss you nazi scumbags

While I don't disagree with your assertion that there are a lot of otherwise reasonable people that, willingly or unwillingly, replace god with ''science,'' it speaks more to the lack of scientific understanding than it does the scientific community.

>Lying science
>Science obviously claims Sky Daddy is 100% real

But Canada, what are they fucking known for? Being "nice", i guess? Is that your role in the world? Being fucking nice? That's not an achievement. Everyone can be nice. It's easy to be nice. You just don't have to say anything bad. So what did your fucking country decide to put on their flag to show the entire world what Canada is all about? A leaf. A FUCKING LEAF. You decided that you like to slurp your shitty syrup so damn much that you might as well put the fucking leaf that it's made of on the flag. You don't even respect your own country so why the hell should I.

>Prajeet-Chan, my friend.

Read Science as a Candle in the Dark by Sagan, and you'll know why...

youtube.com/watch?v=XaO_aH4cthg&index=1&list=PLebLAvrUbivauJRKwU7LHi8cmz6ZfWUHC - Astronomy Reveals Creation

youtube.com/watch?v=_edD5HOx6Q0 - John Sanford on Genomic Entropy

youtube.com/watch?v=Gr8Az3QQZdI

youtube.com/watch?v=cxMkMBXAVZ8

I really don't know OP. Maybe its because your "science" is pseudo science.

holy kek

My sciance is soup

>thinks we was being serious about Jupiter and flat earth

Like denying the science that the earth is not warming?

Because the rest of the planet is salty they still can't keep up with America and would rather pretend the whole space thing is a hoax

Nigger the only thing that is anti-science is deliberately blocking skeptics and wasting time with inefficient energy source research (biofuel, solar, wind) compared to actually useful sources like Thorium and Nuclear. There are also a ton of people that ignore that Flouride lowers testosterone levels in the long term because it's too problematic.

Because people on the moon should be wearing the helmets that come with their space suit.

Because Astronauts that are supposed to be dead, aren't.

Because NASA takes pictures of rodents on Mars.

Because they won't let you visit Antarctica and it has never been circumnavigated.

Because people believe things that cannot be proven on a small scale, exist at large.

Because this is a little too perfect for a planet hurling through space.

Because "anti-gravity" is actually manipulation of electromagnetism.

Are you jelly leaf? You don't even have a space program, do ya?

Because no matter how high you go, the horizon remains horizontal and level.

>Sea Level
>See? Level

Because the Cult of Global Warming has poisoned the minds of old and young alike.

WHO won't let you visit Antarctica?

Because the implications of modern science frighten people so they choose to deny it and remain blissfully ignorant.

Because long after "scientists" determined the earth was a globe which later changed to an oblate spheroid, the United Nations decided they were going to put a flat earth map on their flag.

Throw enough darts and you'll hit a bulls eye eventually

Please, we know the earth is nothing special. There are tons of habitable planets.

I wonder what life they hold.

Because the "Astro-NOTs" that were supposed to have landed on the moon, refuse to testify to the fact and will instead attack you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6Vcvl0OeU

Because they know you faggots weren't paying attention in geometry.

Which hole do you let the nigger fuck

To continue dumbing down the masses, make them skeptical of all education and science, keep them ignorant and compliant. Control.

"individualistic and free thinking"

Science has nothing to do with either of those concepts. Science is about proving facts, as much as is possible, about the natural world. Proof is supposed to be a pretty rigid thing, with no room for individualistic interpretation.

The problem with modern science is they try to ram evidence down people's throats and call it proof, leaving no room for skepticism. Skepticism is the domain of the free thinker, not science.

I think there is some aliens or shit they are hiding in Anartica.

Oh lookie, there's one now. Sorry they already got to you, dipshit.

truth
youtube.com/watch?v=WSNc0yZJZqg

Because photoshop is hard.

>Toronto

Fuck Toronto

t. Edmonton

Because bodies of water have never been demonstrated to curve and flat surfaces doesn't exist on a sphere.

Most people are not science "deniers", but when you keep hearing loads of hysterical bullshit, it's only natural to become skeptical. The same people pushing man-made climate change are the same ones pushing shit like the wage gap, 1-in-4 women on campus will be raped, there are more than two genders. When you unravel the lies about those things, why would you believe that same person who goes on to say that climate change is man made, we're all going to die unless you give me lots of money and power.

You can only stand on bullshit for so long before no one believes the rest of it. That's not being anti-science, that's a natural reaction to being lied to.

This is the most worthwhile post in this thread I believe. Also another recommendation for Kuhn's book, it is excellent.

God damn are you stupid.

Because you didn't land on this and neither has anyone else.

You don't understand how science works. Scientists study and experiment with things, make theories and report their findings. Yet, nothing is set in stone. They are open to criticism. They are open to the fact that some scientist will come and disprove their theory. Science is dynamic and scientists work together to figure things out. If their wrong it's because they've learned something new and we benefit greatly for them. In fact, we should all be thanking scientists and engineers for their contributions to humanity.

Because Kubrick was murdered.

If the moon is round and rotates around earth then why isn't earth round

Because you cannot schedule any of these flight paths.

Ya just like how murrica never landed on the moon