Hacksaw Ridge

I saw Hacksaw Ridge a while ago with zero info coming in about what it was about. I didn't even know it was a war movie. I just went with my family because they wanted to go.

When I saw it, there was a really strange and jarring split right down the middle of the film between "romantic-drama-comedy-christian feelgood movie" and "literally raining blood war film."
I thought the first was tacky and uninteresting but the second was really good and exciting war kino, but out of place considering the rest of the movie up to that point was entirely different in tone. Got me thinking that, if the two movies were split into two short films, both would probably be better within their own means. I still enjoyed the experience overall if only for the great action.

Did anyone else notice this? Also, thoughts on Hacksaw Ridge in general?

so full metal jacket but replace romantic-drama-comedy-christian feelgood movie with ensemble comedy

I was looking forward to this but the webms I've seen here kind of put me off watching it. I have more important kino to attend to.

It's great of ya to point "THAT" out. I personally think a part of setting up is very crucial for the war film. It would've been much more successful film if they were able to take care of THAT well. I personally enjoy the craftsmanship of this film, especially a story takes place within the battlefield.

That's the problem with working with nonfiction- it's all so unfocused and non-thematic.

I saw From Dusk Till Dawn a while ago with zero info coming in about what it was about. I didn't even know it was a vampire movie. I just went with my family because they wanted to go.

When I saw it, there was a really strange and jarring split right down the middle of the film between "feelgood caper-crime-comedy movie" and "literally raining blood Mexican vampire film."

I thought the first was fun and interesting but the second was really trashy and boring vampire flick, but out of place considering the rest of the movie up to that point was entirely different in tone. Got me thinking that, if the two movies were split into two short films, both would probably be better within their own means. I still enjoyed the experience overall if only for the great action.

Did anyone else notice this? Also, thoughts on From Dusk Till Dawn in general?

It's a great movie. Even the sappy first half is worth watching, and honestly the contrast is what made the film. Hacksaw Ridge feels like a kino made 50 years ago before the conniving kikes wrapped their claws around the neck of Christian America's culture and squeezed.

Watched it a couple hours ago. Great, feel-good action movie

That's intentional. The film is meant to show all sides of war.

>Hacksaw
overrated garbage.
I demanded a refund at the theater.
>From Dusk 2 Dawn
Very entertaining (watched this in the mid 1990s) with lots of memorable scenes. I this we can credit this film with making the movie careers of George Clooney and Selma Hayek.
Parts 2 and 3 of the series were okay on their own but utter shit in comparison with the original.
The TV series of same name on El Rey network tells the backstory. Barely watchable after first few episodes.

>i demanded a refund at the theater
imagine being this fucking autistic.

There's no better way to send a message to the filmmakers.

The theater has nothing to do with production of the film itself. How do you not realize this?

>watching clips
>watching trailers
>watching gifs and webms
Your own fault for being retarded. Don't watch it. Avoid it. Don't need another faggot making a thread just to whine

>Those webms

I really can't believe they aren't from some dark comedy.

Thing is, i'm a huge Mel fan but those scenes are inexcusable.

Also , the main characters face is far too jewy

Maybe you're from one of those countries without consumer protection laws, but here in the USA, it's common practice to request a refund if you're not 100% satisfied. That goes for just about everything, not just movie theaters.

lmao, I saw this as a kid on late night teevee at like 2 in the morning. It was extremely jarring having that switch from straight kidnapping to vampire strip club murder. Coincidentally this other kid watched it and we had a bonding moment discussing it in school the next day. I forget his name, but he was cool as shit and we watched Freddy got Fingered together. Where are you Germanbro?

just look at the target audience, fundie warmongers eat this shit up

if the theater did something wrong like burning your crab legs you'd be in the right but requesting a refund for a movie ticket that you made an educated decision to purchase just makes you look stupid.

I saw Full Metal Jacket a while ago with zero info coming in about what it was about. I didn't even know it was a war movie. I just went with my family because they wanted to go.

When I saw it, there was a really strange and jarring split right down the middle of the film between "bootcamp-bullying-comedy" and "literally raining blood war film."
I thought the first was tacky and uninteresting but the second was really good and exciting war kino, but out of place considering the rest of the movie up to that point was entirely different in tone. Got me thinking that, if the two movies were split into two short films, both would probably be better within their own means. I still enjoyed the experience overall if only for the great action.

Did anyone else notice this? Also, thoughts on Full Metal Jacket in general?

>you made an educated decision to purchase
>educated decision
hardly -- I looked at a movie poster and recalled somebody had commented "cool war movie"
If a movie sucks and you DONT demand a refund, you're doing a disservice to us all. A film's success is gauged by ticket revenue. Why would you want to artificially bump up that number?
Demand your refund and spend the money on seeing something worthwhile.

>not doing the research
that just makes it worse, you're 100% at fault if you don't look up a review beforehand.

meh, I don't go for all those fancy schmancy reviews. I'm old school, I like to show up at the theater and tell 'em to hit me with something good. Why spoil the surprise, ya know?

well you're clearly poor if 7 bucks is a substantial enough sum to warrant demanding a refund.

Those shots are in the film for half a second. I didn't even notice them when I watched the movie. The battle scenes were way to overwhelming.

I have not seen it, and don't really plan on it.

It may just be an attempt at demonstrating the juxtaposition between peace and war.

>check out this sappy '50s romantic comedy with no bloody action whatsoever so the second half is jarring
>dude caves his brother's skull in 20 minutes in
>guy gets his leg crushed by car 30 minutes in

They wouldn't have even shown that in a 50s movie.

$7 bucks!?!?! LOL, rich guy, wtf, slow your roll, big spender. I go on weekends when the matinee is $2.35

The movie takes place from the point of view of the main character. Since he's a soft-spoken farmboy with no actual war experience, all the violence seems exaggerated and over the top to him, explaining the BAR scene, the crazy gore scenes and all the other ridiculous shit.

First half was boring, second half was cheesy.

This. Sup Forumss reaction to them has been completely overblown

I saw The Dark Knight Rises a while ago with zero info coming in about what it was about. I didn't even know it was a meme movie. I just went with my family because they were on the flight plan.

When I saw it, there was a really strange and jarring split right down the middle of the film between "gripping plane thriller" and "retard capeshittery."
I thought the first was the biggest film since the silent era but the second was really shitty and out of place considering the rest of the movie up to that point was entirely focused on the struggles of CIA. Got me thinking that, if the two movies were split into two short films, both would probably be better within their own means. I still enjoyed the experience overall if only for the big guy.

Did anyone else notice this? Also, thoughts on Bane in general?

Congratulations, user. You've just unintentionally created a new pasta.

>tfw I try to make a pasta and it never happens

I guess it's gotta be organic

>non-fiction

It's a fucking war movie, there's dozens just like it that are also "non fiction". That's no excuse to make it so shitty.

looks stupid tb h fa m alam

Vince Vaughn did not fit his role whatsoever

comic relief dial turned up to 420

Personally I thought the first half was totally unforgivable and unwatchable, and it ruined whatever they wanted to do in the second half (which was also not without its flaws).

I don't know how a movie with a script like this gets made and praised in 2016. Camp and cliche that isn't self-aware is boring and wasteful of the audience's time and concentration. What a real piece of shit.

Virtually all of the prewar romance stuff was invented and the level of abuse that Doss received was massively exaggerated. If the film was true to the real story it would have gone:

>Normal country boy gets married to girl he knows.
>Joins the military to become a medic.
>Gets teased a bit for being a CO.
>Gets in trouble with his superiors, but gets off without a courtmartial.
>Goes to war and rescues about a hundred guys in one day.
>Goes back for the next assault and gets crippled for life.

>mfw Sup Forums is too intelligent to understand the dichotomy between the romantic feeling of enlisting for a cause you believe in and the hell of the reality of being there

>Did anyone else notice this?
i thought the same about it being a more action drama in the beginning although i knew it was a vampire flick. i thought it was a decent movie. would have been a good action drama by its self though i think.

He was too tall to be taken seriously.

woah, what the fuck man

anti-semitism is not cool

Feels too much like all other "True Story" films. If it comes up on HBO I'll watch it if nothing else is on

Hacksaw only cost 40 million to make and has made well over 100 million. Your message is worthless. It was a good movie.

This thread is terrible and everyone in it seems to be really dumb.

>feelgood caper-crime-comedy movie
That gruesome rape and murder in the beginning made me have absolutely no sympathy for Taratino's characters

>thoughts on Hacksaw Ridge in general
was great

Wouldn't surprise me if OP hates the second half of FMJ too

>I demanded a refund at the theater.
You sound too retarded to do anything of the sorts. You probably ran home and posted angrily on Sup Forums.

So hollywood wants betas to fight now too? Sure thing.