How does a movie where people can't even speak properly win best picture?

How does a movie where people can't even speak properly win best picture?

I'm not perfect either, as English isn't my first language, but at least I know basic grammar like "I am, he/she/it is", but these niggas say shit like "you is" and "they was" all the time. Oh, and don't forget the never ending double negatives like "I never said nothing" and "I didn't see no one".

I could barely sit through this movie because of this shit.

language is fluid and is ever changing. color, colour. thou. thy , etc.

Shit nigga why the fuck you gotta b lice that bruh you dont have to be that way nigga.

You are either completely retarded or a supreme baitmaster.

How indeed.

language is an evolving social construct you sexist Nazi Trumpster.

The main character barely even said anything the whole movie.

That is generally how black people speak in the hood.

It's the same with Fences, but at least Fences was a good film.

Also, white uneducated people are no better. You could set a movie in the back yard of West Virginia staring a bunch of red neck retards and you equally wouldn't be able to understand a single sentence.

Fucking racists.

t. ebonics spewing nigger

It was pandering to a white audience.. This was a black movie written for white people.. To help SJW feel like the finally "understand" the life of a young black man growing up in the ghetto.. WHO happens to be gay.

One time I watched a movie and a character said "ain't." I physically recoiled in horror at the use of such an immature word.

>2017 Sup Forums poster
>hasn't watched The Wire to train himself for this

you finna catch an ass woopin'

Anyone else actually laugh out loud whenever Naomi Harris talked like a retard? I don't know if it just because i know that she can actually talk as seen in James bond, or if I'd find anyone talking like that ridiculous. Completely ruined serious scenes.

However I could just about stomach this and justify it as authentic ghetto speak, but what I couldn't tolerate was how literally everyone in the movie mumbled through every line. Couldn't hear a fucking thing half the time. I refuse to believe anyone in the world, nig or otherwise, talks like that to each other. Unless they're autistic/shy children who's parents didn't tell them not to mumble

Saying that doing something wrong is just redefining it or evolving it is fucking stupid.

I think you would be able to- at least more so then someone trying to aks u sumfin

lel

Memes aside, is it actually worth watching?

that's just florida

but the characters are supposed have shit gammer, if they all lived in the slums and spoke like daniel webster it wouldnt make any sense

yes

>the field of linguistics is fucking stupid
>posting on a taiwanese paper production forum

no, not really. its mostly boring and then at some points very uncomfortable

that said, everyone outside of Sup Forums seems to like it so maybe im biased

>Memes aside, is it actually worth watching?

Definitely but it really isnt the best of the Best Picture contenders, not even close

I found it pretty disappointing

thank you based pleb

If you want something more artistic is very good. If you just want to turn your brain off and have fun then you'll hate it.

It's actually really good. The cinematography is fantastic, the story is interesting, and it's less SJW than you would expect considering the subject.

ooga booga

I agree but I also feel the same way when I hear southerners and chavs speak "english" as well.

No, Jenkins has some skill in getting performances from his actors, but as a storyteller and cinematic craftsman, on the basis of this movie he's amateurish. This movie, like Boyhood, didn't really have anything to say. The boy is uninteresting and remains so as a teen and young man, and the sensitive mounting of the issue of his sexuality doesn't inherently make the movie more valuable as an artistic endeavor.

The film is just fundamentally a weak story that's being overly commended because of its managing to present characters not frequently portrayed onscreen (a decent man who's a successful drug dealer, a black inner-city youth with homosexual leanings, a bad mother who's not a monster, etc. - all very interesting potentially, but not so much in the service of drama this mundane and superficially developed).

If people do something wrong long enough it'll stick. Yeah. Great "science". it's still wrong.

I don't know, dudes.

I had the movie fucking cranked the whole time and couldn't understand a fucking thing.

And it's not like the dialogue is even needed. I could've watched the whole thing on mute and still understood what was going on.

Def didn't think it was Best Picture quality though.
Manchester By The Sea was superior in every way.

And yet I'll bet you describe anything vaguely artful as "kino" like the meme-loving fuck you are.

you were probably uncomfortable because you're a closeted faggot yourself

So it's a movie about how a gay kid got beat on, lives in the ghetto, hates druggies, then becomes a dealer? Whilst also harboring some latent homo? Why would this be a winner? MC is still a shitstain crack dealer. Why would him being gay make it a great film?

If you're a faggot and into fags, sure.

What the fuck are you on about. A movie created by a black man, starring an entirely black cast portraying a story about problems that black people experience.

That was really edgy user. Good job.

This is a gay movie. Not a black movie so Spotlight winning best picture doesn't count for us.

Make it a move about a brother that's not a faggot and we'll talk.

Holy fuck this movie sucked
I just went into it expecting it to be a movie version of The Wire, and instead I got some boring ass gay romance.
Half of the fucking plot wasn't even explained, like why the fuck the bullies had a hate boner for him.

Some of the music was ok though

Movie is a technically good movie but it isn't something I'd really go out of my way for.

As the other people have said, the movie doesn't really leave you with much. I can't really complain about it but there's not much of an impact that other good movies will leave you with. And people who claim the movie is SJW propaganda obviously didn't watch it. It hardly made those issues the forefront of the movie.

>too stupid even for mainstream Hollywood flicks
you've got a hard life ahead of you son

You should watch Fences as well

I think you mean not stupid enough

Why do hood niggas and rednecks speak like retards in the US? We have similar types of people in my country, but at least they know how to speak our fucking language.

>same cookie cutter drivel

you copy and pasted the wrong paragraph from your word doc

Well that's weird because out of the Oscar contenders, Moonlight is the one that had most of an impact on me

What a shit year for movies

What country?

Every single part of the language you're using now was likely considered 'wrong' by someone in the past.

It's called vernacular

Im as confused as you,
Unless there is some sort of deep meaning Im missing it seemed like a pretty boring film.
Its trying to do they same thing The Wire does by depicting black culture in a city but less detailed.
And there was too much time given to the romance

I dont understand why this is movie of the year other than Sup Forums being right this time and its just propaganda to feel bad for blacks and accept gays

im a black btw

Hey, should art only deal with the nicer parts of life?

I haven't seen the film and I think the Oscars are a sham but you should probably watch it yourself before writing it off entirely.

No it shouldn't, and it probably shouldn't be a mouth piece for 'how to live your life correctly' either.

I just don't sympathize with the situation depicted. Get some training/education during the juvie years, why fall back on the traditional ghetto storyline of 'druggie hating kid ends up being a dealer'. 'Can't escape the cycle' and all is just over done in my opinion, seen it enough that it's stale. Making a character gay doesn't really impress me either. It's not a think piece, I'd say more style than substance.

I'm not the target audience clearly.

it's a dialect

BTFO
T
F
O

WILL Sup Forums EVER RECOVER ?

If you're uncomfortable it's probably because you're a homophobe or a racist. Not everyone has to like everything but that specific choice of words is quite telling

is this guy a nigga or a nigger?
please comment

go watch some worldstar hiphop videos. The dialogue in this movie was fairly legit to the scene it was portraying.
It's worth watching once. Cinematography was incredible, acting was thuroughly well done. The score was very moving as well. I personally felt the pacing was horrendously slow, there's maybe 20 scenes in the entire damn movie. It does have one of the most satisfying chair smashes I've ever seen in a film. I think it won best pic because the oscars needed to pander to the black community and the lbgt community, lala land made a helluva lot more sense imo. This movie will probably be widely forgetten in 10 years, just like several best pic winners in the past. When was the last time you heard someone talk about the hurt locker?
7.5/10