What's with Hollywood's obsession with Jazz?

What's with Hollywood's obsession with Jazz?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wQAZqLnbRhw
youtube.com/watch?v=0Pc0i5HO9j4
youtube.com/watch?v=XKqe75kfQCc
youtube.com/watch?v=1FP7NosLxkw
youtube.com/watch?v=UZvgmpiQCcI
youtube.com/watch?v=zEDnmGnYb6I
youtube.com/watch?v=7qHZkkgowdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nigger noise.

jungle jams

Classical music represents old fashioned in movies.

If a movie wants to have a piano and trumpets and shit, but don't want the scene to be associated with anything old fashioned they use Jazz. Because Jazz is newer, and is hip and cool.

monkey music

nigger "music" that was the first one to be played in non nigger places

>Because Jazz is newer, and is hip and cool.
Yeah....in the 1940's

Well white people can't into other cool music like blacks, so jazz is often the closest thing

coon tunes

Jazz sounds good

coon tunes

Which makes it hundreds of years newer than classical music.

A movie uses Jazz when it wants a scene to have a classy atmosphere, but doesn't want it to be old fashioned. And everyone associates classical music in films with old fashioned.

its just chazelle that's obsessed with it
he said his next flick won't have jazz in it but who knows?
thats his gimmick now

It's one of the truest and fewest original American art forms. Not surprised you faggots don't know that.

Jazz is a very advanced and difficult to learn form of music.

Fusion is way better

Ever notice that in movies, the bad guy loves Classical Music (usually by German Composers) and the good guy enjoys Jazz. I wonder (((why))) that is.

Jazz is comfy as fuck when it's good. The problem is some people think all jazz is good but the reality is some of it sucks.

Same shit with country music....fucking plebs just latch on to a genre and can't appreciate anything else.

Jazz is romantic, conjures up images of nightclubs, urban life, Tony Bennett, etc. You know, swag.

More like an obsession with jizz, if you catch my drift.

So are a lot of genres

It's objectively the most interesting modern form of music. Not saying it's the best, just interesting.

Keep on listening to retarded rappers and electronic deejays and keep on calling that music. Fuckin plebs

It's the only purely american music genre.

Grand Piano didn't have Jazz, explain that

classical music is associated with aristocracy which has been the constant enemy of any freedom loving republic

>what is blues?

Jazz has Jewish roots.

Need I say more?

Originated in Africa.

I like Jazz but I prefer Classical.

>Grand Piano
didn't direct it so it wasn't his choice

He wrote it. How the heck could jazz fit into it, do you honestly think a classically trained pianist would just have a jazz song in the middle of his set?

>rock'n'roll
>pop music
>synthwave

you don't really know anything about music do you?

he said it himself that he's a big jazz fan m8

Yet Debussy's Etudes and Stravinsky's Rite of Spring still sound 100 years ahead of any jazz written after it

Really makes me think

>jazz
>written
shows what you know

classical music = straight white men making ordered music

Jazz = black men or minorities making disordered music

>moving the goal posts

Just because he really likes something doesn't mean he has to put it in every fricken movie

youtube.com/watch?v=wQAZqLnbRhw

Why aren't you the first post

fuck me Sup Forums is horrible trollbait lately

>classical music = cold music that is more like math formulas with no heart, harmony or anything

>jazz = music with a heart, harmony

There's a reason why one is a popular genre and the other is dead outside of forced events.

Well it's the most highest form of art that has ever originated in America, so... that.

>forced events

Yes, because everyone at the orchestra was forced to be there

Bebop doesn't encompass all of Jazz

and it was a very compositional minded Folk music especially during Ellington and Wallers time

Still, the semantics doesn't negate my post

Hollywood isn't obsessed with it, that's the only movie this year about Jazz.

>these pieces
>cold and emotional

youtube.com/watch?v=0Pc0i5HO9j4
youtube.com/watch?v=XKqe75kfQCc
youtube.com/watch?v=1FP7NosLxkw

No jazz negro has surpassed any of these men at the keyboard

Piano died with Debussy and Scriabin

Everything else is just catching up or inferior deviation

well your faggotry will continue to negate most things you say in life. be advised

he got good reviews directing a jazz movie
cranked out 2 more
realizes its become his gimmick
says next flick wont have it
grand piano has nothing to do with it since it wasn't his decision
if that first jazz movie failed he wouldn't have made whiplash, etc

>I have nothing to argue about so I call him a faggot

You're the faggot buddy stay pleb

Classical Music has stood the test of time over hundreds of years and almost every person, regardless of how little they know about music, is familiar with at least one piece of Beethoven, Bach, or Mozart while very few people can say they've heard Miles Davis or John Coltrane so who are you kidding?

He didn't do it with 10 CL
He didn't do it with Grand Piano

He can be trusted, he doesn't want to look like a drangus by falling back on his word.

they are cold
you just know the guy composing them weren't being passionate but where more like putting pieces together, it doesn't come from inspiration like jazz it comes from assembling parts and slowly building something

it's like comparing a painting to architecture, one is a creative process the other is a cold and sterile process that might end up looking nice I guess

i don't mind the jazz music as soundtrack, i just don't want the story to be about another jazz musician

>classical music
>cold
youtube.com/watch?v=UZvgmpiQCcI
youtube.com/watch?v=zEDnmGnYb6I
youtube.com/watch?v=7qHZkkgowdY

Nice try, Shlomo.

Damn you're retarded son

And you didn't even need listen to all of those pieces

"Refined" music for "refined" people. The usual 'my taste is "objectively" better than yours, thus I am better'.

Opera is so fucking gay lmao Classical is alright, boring ass hell, but can set a more reserved tone. Jazz is kino

Because most Hollywood villains are refined wealthy and British.

niggerjew music. Questions?

>British
>refined

Music is seldom heard in America, having been replaced by the cultureless drum-beating of the Negro. As an American “musicologist” put it, “Jazz rhythm, taken from wild tribes, is at the same time refined and elementary and corresponds to the disposition of our modern soul. It incites us without pause, like the primitive drum-beating of the prayer-dancer. But it does not stop there. It must at the same time take account of the excitability of the modern psyche. We thirst for quickly exciting, constantly changing, stimuli. Music has an excellent, time-honored means of excitation, syncopation.”