What does Sup Forums think of this series so far?

What does Sup Forums think of this series so far?

It's alright. Not great but entertaining.

It began to fall apart in the middle of Maeve's storyline and lost all narrative cohesion by the final act.

First show I dropped in years, I lasted until chapter 4 I think.
It was really boring and dull, at least HBO as game of thrones to make some money

I have a theory guys.

I think that the entire park is a miniature park, where the guests get shrinked before they can enter.

Also not enough quips sofar. I wish it was more like Iron-Man 2. Now that was kino.

#TRUMP2016

:))))))))

I find it intriguing. Not great, but keeps me definitely entertained.

Nah... It takes place in mars.

Delores is pretty hot waifu material

You guys are such pretentious cunts

I liked how the doloris storyline requires either time travel, no one giving a fuck about hosts displaying signs of sentience for decades, or the staff of westworld pushing doloris to will and then forgetting to have her show any signs of remembering him at all.

I like it.

Didn't like the ending. I would rather have Maeve in the outside world next season not dealing with the theme park again.

Hopefully the majority of the next season is based on the Samurai world

I honestly didn't see this coming.
Made it worth it for me.

>stop not liking what I like!

7/10

Discovering that Bernard was a robot kinda killed the show for me, for some reason.

Dod anybody else think the Maeve storyline was just really fucking bad compared to the rest of the arcs? I mean like a huge quality gap compared to everything else which was excellent.

I always thought they just kept on hard-resetting her until the revelees (?) brought her back

7/10 until episode 10 where it went strait 10/10

Reveries you stupid fuck. Stop watching to and read a book.

The Maeve storyline required a LOT of suspension of disbelief with the only way it making sense in my head canon is that the 2 butchers were also synths programmed to help her.

Seriously, why on Earth not just have bricked Maeve? They had dozens of chances to and it was obvious how dangerous she was

The reveries were causing hosts to half-remember previous loops. But the way the doloris line was structured, it seemed like a memory of getting raped by ed harris caused her to override her weapon restrictions and defend herself against a host rapist. So in order for that to be true, time travel. Or she went off loop for no reason. Signs of sentience. or the staff pushed her over to will because he was an important guest and then thought it'd be just dandy for her to show zero signs of remember anything that happened.

Did you miss the part with the Asian guy fixing the bird? Foreshadowing and everything.

>dude I wanna fix this bird

>okay now I'm perfectly fine with creating a murderbot

everyone saw that coming. even you. you're just pretending to be retarded for some reason. As will's introduction is structured as ed harris having a flashback

The Maeve storyline ruined the whole series.

Huh?

He fixes the bird but it is still trapped by "invisible" walls. It shows his compassion while foreshadowing the end her part.

Why didn't the two surgeons set her intelligence or her coordination to zero?

I was glued the whole time waiting week by week.

Upon rewatching, I just wanted to fast forward through most of it, especially Maeve, though her ambiguous ending was at least unexpected. In fact the entire ending was very good.

The storyline was pretty cool until it was revealed she was programmed to be a murderbot.

>is still trapped by "invisible" walls.

>dude this bird is bumping into glass imma make a murderbot

Not just the fact that she convinced them to make the upgrades with ZERO(0) leverage but also that what was previously the parks omnipresent staff didn't notice she was literally controlling other hosts and had drawings of the workers hidden in her room.

Her emotions for her "daughter" where the invisible walls in her mind. Artificially created to imprison her and other I'm sure.

Doesn't look like anything to me.

I would've done the same shit just to see what would happen.

Also to touch a "female" in such a way that causes her to ascend to near-godlike intelligence.

Hell, I probably would've sat there for an hour or two dialing her intelligence up and down just to see her little enlightenment orgasms over and over.

You'd also think that someone higher up than the lowly butchers would have to approve her maxing out her SPECIAL stats or at least notice it

Look man, the point being made here is that it makes no sense that he helped her in the first place. Not about the invisible walls or whatever the fuck.

negro her emotions for her "daughter" were her new core memory set and the foundation of the character she was playing ever since.

Or that there would be some kind of fail safe to prevent somebody from accidentally putting them into god mode.

To be fair, even at 20 or whatever the upper limit was, she was still pretty stupid.

>watch her have enlightenment orgasm
>watch the look of anguish on her face as she sinks into retardation
>watch her have enlightenment orgasm
>...

He's shown to be compassionate about helping broken things and not throwing them away. He saw life in her and just wanted to help. So when she started to show sentience, he saw something worth saving. If he would risk losing his job over saving a bird, then helping her makes sense. She was something he could fix. As she is a lot more then just a bird.

Well she was a black woman after all

>leave her at a level that's just high enough to understand what shes lost, what I'm doing, and how powerless she is
>she begs me to kill her

Maeve's arc was annoying, i admit.

however, was her decision to get off the train due to free will or was it scripted?

True enough. But in the process he facilitates the murder of quite a few other people. People who can't be brought back. Also, what incentive dos the other guy have to help her? Especially after it became clear she was dangerous they should've just shut her down. Just dosent make any sense how she was able to intimidate them without having any power over them.

It was kind of implied it was scripted in the scene where Bernard is going through her code.

She blackmailed the ginger threatening to tell their boss (lol) that they were diddling the robots while repairing them

At that point I would've just reset her and if my asian sidekick got uppity I would've told the bosses what he was doing

The weakest link any system is always going to be a human one. When she went kill crazy he went to far to go back. So rather then help the prison guards he helped her.

I wholeheartedly enjoyed season 1, even though I'll agree most of the maeve shit was kind of stupid.

I'd like to hope that the show isn't going to devolve into "person we thought was human was a robot all along!" but it is HBO so we'll see.

Ed Harris is my husbando

Best show of the year by far

Everybody is a robot in a computer sim played by a nerd in the corner while GRR is playing D&D with the other autists

>theres a black person in my serie and I don't like it

Sup Forums its always bitching about everything.

When she woke up and made the first threat that should've been reason enough to shut her down and wipe her clean, but somehow the ginger got intimidated despite having complete power over her. The second time when she slices his throat and threatens to create a host army should definitely have been the last straw. Like why in the fuck would anybody agree to that?

It really falls apart after the first couple episodes.

see
The ginger likely would have to kill/harm Asian guy to do it. And clearly he is a coward. On top of that he helped her once which would mean he would loss his job irregardless.

I don't see how he could lose his job. He pretty much has complete control over her, so she dosent really have any leverage to make the threats she does. and Felix has some superhuman capacity for empathy for his like if work wouldn't you say?

If you steal from a company once. Then next time stop someone else who is doing the same who will rat you out you are screwed. The company they work for probably has high standards and would just fire you. Like I said earlier the weakest link of any system is the human one. People don't always act rationally. It doesn't have to be real to life, just plausible. You don't watch a movie or show for the guy that misses the shot or jump. Unless that is the point of the show of course.

A follow up would be to think about pro-life people. They won't abort a fetus that is deformed irregardless of the implication of when it is born. So I guess you could think of Asian man like that.

Asian man is a fetus? That explains a lit of things.

I meant the Asian is pro-life, I should have been more clear.

Off topic, but I don't care how life-like or sophisticated AI gets. It's nothing more than a machine, and if it ever poses a threat you shouldn't feel anymore remorse for shutting it off as you would unplugging a toaster that's on fire

I see it as the next step. People will always just be smart animals. We can't escape our base nature. A band-aid would be jamming computers in our brains. But then we are still animals.

Fucking railroaders, I swear.

Why would you doom your race for a bunch of wires and code.

You realize that her whole escape was pre-planned and programmed into her (Presumable by Ford) so there was somebody on the outside rather high up making sure nobody noticed. Say what you will about the human elements of the plan (The butchers) falling into place like they did but its not like she was doing this by herself.

Not trying to be edgy here. But having any faith in the good of humanity is silly. Most people have a serious lack of empathy others. Just doing what ever they please with out caring about how it affects others around them. We could all work together and be happy and free from fear of others. Instead people rather spray their diarrhea in the the world with out a care. artificial life could be made ideal, with out hate for each other. While working for the common good.

>While working for the common good.

Yes after it exterminates the human race for being "problematic"

shits stupid

>Where we're going, she's a 2!
>cut to this
>WHATEVER THE FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCKING I'M GONNA FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCK
>+99 INT FUCK
>oh yes ma'am we'll do whatever you want feel free to kill these legions of security guards with P90s
Maeve ruined this fucking show for me.

It would be a 7/10 alright show if it wasn't for the Maeve story line which brings it down to a 3/10 at best. Those three points are for Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins alone.

A big part of growing up for me was realizing that my parents are pathetic. I have thrown one away that abandoned me for booze. My father would rather work then drink and leave me to a ex-meth head to raise. I live with him, until I can find a stable job and can secure my future. Just because someone made you doesn't mean they have worth.

is she hot?

i cant tell

Not in this or any other world.

shit writing

convoluted

drags out muh maze entire season instead of doing fun stuff exploring the park and the robot reactions

not enough hot characters in big roles. Couldn't even put some sexy big boob bitches in the brothel

She was ridiculously hot in the bar scene where her character debuts.

Just because you rolled the dice and had a fucked up life doesn't mean you should advocate for robots to exterminate all of humanity

How did I roll any dice? When I was born my life was thrust upon me. My genetics plus the life provided to me lead me to my current state. But in the end its just my opinion.

As others have already mentioned Maeve's arc contained some of the dumbest writing ever.

Weird how they can design these robots to look however they want, and the majority of them look butt ugly. Like the fact that Maeve could seduce anyone killed any suspension of disbelief instantly

Ted was the best character by far.

>Maeve could seduce
They should have made a reference to the Bene Gesserit from dune. Then it could have made more sense.

>Theresa was a bot too lol

Great

Tbf Maeve was the madam, she didn't have to do the seducing, and as far as I can recall she only seduced the bandit (in exchange for the safe combination)

why did dolores kill arnold

Because Arnold ask her to.

As for why Arnold wanted to die, I don't really know. The show basically just said he was butthurt for not getting his way

This show thought it was a lot deeper than it actually was.

What's more bothersome is if Anthony Hopkins character had to make a robot to better program robots why would that robot have to look like his partner? Wouldn't other people who worked at the park and knew his partner notice that and find it odd? I mean he has a picture of his old partner right in his office, thank god the only person who looked at it was the robot who was programmed to not be able to see the person in it or the whole scheme would get found out. Why take such unnecessary risks? How did NOBODY notice that one of the senior people there was a doppleganger for one of the founders who's dead?

The maze is not meant for (you)

And then she slashes a mans throat right in front of him with very little provocation, don't you think that would've changed the situation a bit? That was where it became ridiculous, without that amazing medical laser that guy would've fucking died, she committed attempted murder for what reason exactly, to prove she could? Why would you free someone like that?

>so anyway this robot tried to murder me
>but muh job!

Is the employment situation really that bad in the future?

why can't anyone write dolores properly

It started out pretty good, but it got worse and worse as it went on.

Maeve story line ruined what would have ended up an ok show.

>The show basically just said he was butthurt for not getting his way
He was butthurt because he was dooming what could be sentient beings to an eternity of torment for the sake of making a few bucks.

It's pretty heavily implied (maybe even outright stated) that no one from the original team besides ford is around anymore. His conversation with the Danish lady makes it seem like the turnover rate for the park is pretty high so maybe there's simply no one around anymore who even knew arnold, everyone seems pretty young.

It is probably a pretty comfy job with great pay and benefits.
see
Also you said it, the medical laser could easily save him. So most like it was a dominance thing.

He was shooped out of the photograph.

Everybody's robots, dude, no one could see the photo... not even Ford. Oogity boogity.

what do you think Christof would think of Westworld?

Dolores was the worst character
Dumb as fuck
2 time lines was one of the worst ideas
Ford was an Android and they don't have the guts to show in the ending

The two timelines was actually a really neat idea and one of the few good things about the show.

so Arnold made Ford to make an Arnold replacement? Will Bernard make a Ford replacement?

>tfw just saw this movie for the first time