Should I watch every Hobbit and LOTR film straight through?

Should I watch every Hobbit and LOTR film straight through?

Other urls found in this thread:

maple-films.com/the-hobbit-fan-edit
maple-films.com/the-hobbit-fan-edit)
youtube.com/watch?v=fBcIu9XnG3A
youtube.com/watch?v=zPkqjc23yqs
youtube.com/watch?v=aUXP8VEXWMs
youtube.com/watch?v=_JBHPFiFWRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't bother with the hobbit ones

Why not?

They gradually get worse as they go along

The movies treated The Hobbit as the prequel to LOTR which means they got it wrong way around. Instead of letting it be its own story, they decided to use every opportunity to make it tie in to the LOTR movies. Plus they really fucked up the division of the book. If it HAD to be three movies then they made the last two cut off and start in the complete wrong places. The first is fine, for the most part it gets a bit schlocky sometimes but its fine. The second starts to go off the rails since they only spend maybe 20 minutes on one of the longest sequences in the book and that means they stretched the last third of the story in to about 1 and 3/4s of a movie.

The Hobbit trilogy is a shameless money grab that just rode the huge wave of success of its predecessor triology. They forgot every part of what made the previous three movies so good. Just CGI, dumb ass antics RIGHT in the middle of supposedly serious scenes, and a list that is too long to contain within the text limit.

maple-films.com/the-hobbit-fan-edit

watch this instead of the 3 hobbit films, at least is more passable

don't bother with the lotr flicks either unless you have shit taste

Every time I see a webm from those movies I think it must be a joke. I only bothered watching the first one.

>they only spend maybe 20 minutes on one of the longest sequences in the book

Which one? I've never read it

And yet you are COMPLETELY WRONG. There is a reason why these movies are shit, but you all are literally factual retards who simply cannot look at the literal facts and reasons as to why it is shit.

Jackson, was meant to direct The Hobbit, he was in line to direct it after LOTR as they were a huge fucking success, huge success. New Line, being the jews they are in Hollywood decided to not pay out what was owed in their contracts, to anyone. Jackson, being the great man he is bought a law suit against them and audited Newline (literally allowed to do so in his contract). To boss took offence to this and kicked Jackson off of the project, shit was hitting the fan with del toro pulling out they simply needed to done, as their agreement (to do the movie) with saul zaentz was running out and a shit movie is better than no movie, so again, Jackson is bought in to do the movie.

>the movie is shit because it's a cash grab
Is probably the most retarded thing I have ever read, what do you think LOTR movies were?

Should I get drunk on wine or whiskey tonight?

that camera makes me think of Battlefield Earth

What game is this?

The sequence in Mirkwood forest makes up MAYBE 20 minutes of the second film. In the book it's maybe a whole third of the novel in which the Bilbo and Co. try to make their way through the forest and there are some really great sequences in there. I'm not sure if it merits a 3 hour movie but they really fucked up how to handle it in the movies. That part should have been maybe 2 hours and been very dark and claustrophobic and encompassed the whole second movie. Then when they finally get on their way to Laketown you could get a very open and bright shot of them riding the barrels down the river into the sunrise with Laketown within spitting distance and pick up the third film there. Instead they get to Laketown maybe 30 minutes into the second movie and the rest of that film is padding out the story to hell and the third takes maybe 20 pages of story and crams in a whole bunch of meaningless shit.
Watch a fan-edit of the movies, not all three films, you will save yourself a lot of time.

this every time. it's as close to the book as you can get. it's 4 hours, not retarded, and makes a better segue to LOTR

I read somewhere that there's an edit to make the LOTR trilogy more faithful to the books as well, do you know where that one's at?

the mirkwood part of the books is the most memorable too. they completely ruined everything about the tone of those chapters.

this, the lotr movies are every bit as bad as the hobbit movies.

wow
so edgy
so intelligent
so unique

no but i'm interested, theres a few out there tho so i could be the one i posted (maple-films.com/the-hobbit-fan-edit) or any of those

Mirkwood's a lot better in the EE

This is the strongest elf of all. Not even movie Legolas can beat this, and certainly not even a 1v3 against Glorfindel, Fingon, and Feanor could beat him.

>not even a 1v3 against Glorfindel, Fingon, and Feanor could beat him.
>Feanor
>Who is stated to be the mightiest of all the First Generation Elves

?

gil galad would fuck his shit up tbqh

>what is death of the author

Pretty sure gil-galad died against Middle-Earth's literal satan's henchman without doing any damage. On the other hand, Fingolfin scared Balrogs and crippled the said satan for life.

fuck you and everyone who looks like you

I wouldn't know man, never read the silmarillion and I only threw the first elf name it came to my mind....how did he crippled sauron tho?

fuck you and everyone who looks like you

He did not cripple Sauron, he cripped Sauron's master, Morgth, on one leg and he has to walk with a limp for life. Morgoth also used to be the most powerful Ainur, a lesser god.

stick with the animated 1977 Rankin Bass version. It's fairly short but somehow still way more faithful to the source material than the live action trilogy.

youtube.com/watch?v=fBcIu9XnG3A

The songs were baller
youtube.com/watch?v=zPkqjc23yqs

hell yeah they were
youtube.com/watch?v=aUXP8VEXWMs

damn I love old Rankin Bass designs so much. I think they might be my favourite animation studio ever. They were so great at fantasy settings like The Hobbit, Flight of Dragons, the Last Unicorn and Thundercats.

i have to read that shit dog, is it in the silmarillion?>stick with the animated 1977 Rankin Bass version

dude, that dragon has 6 extremities, fuck that shit everyone knows dragons only have 4

They generally don't have cat faces either but it's awesome so I'll let it slide.

See, I liked the stuff with the White Council and the Dol Guldur part (right up until they did photo-negative Galadriel which was just plain silly), and I was fine with that being the secondary plot to the primary one with Bilbo and the Dwarves. Keep those two and otherwise largely stick to the book, and we could've had two movies of moderate length.

The problem was that Jackson forced in this weird revenge sub-plot with Azog and Bolg hunting them (and a laughable love triangle mess), and never gave the movies a chance to breathe. At every point in the movies where there's supposed to be a bit of a quiet point, there's either a fight scene, an out-of-nowhere love narrative, or an added-in battle being shoehorned into the story.

How did Rankin-Bass make this better and more faithful than New Line could with $400 million?

Rankin-Bass understood that The Hobbit was a childrens' book.

Rankin Bass didn't try to wring out every penny by making one book which is shorter than any entry in the LOTR trilogy into a full trilogy and didn't try to change the story for mass appeal of hunky dwarves having love triangles with new empowered females

Whatever drugs you're taking, sounds like you need to lay off them

I'll give the Hobbit movies some credit where the dwarves are concerned; they actually tried to give them all distinctive looks.

Unfortunately they also went out of their way to try and force several of them to be "hot".

Balin, Bifur, and Bofur were the best dwarves though.

Anyone have those "deleted scene" webm's from the Hobbit? Some really stupid shit that went down in the Battle of Five Armies

Hands down the best part of the Hobbit trilogy right here.

youtube.com/watch?v=_JBHPFiFWRk

Somebody post the gif of Jackson looking completely lost on the set.

That's not Fingolfin

I don't have them on me, but are you talking about shit like Dain's anti-arrow helicopters?

My only slight criticism of this edit was that they didn't add the two-by-two introduction of the Dwarves to Beorn from the EE. That was in the book and, in my mind, would've been a perfect addition.