ITT: Pitch a good video game movie

There has never been a good film adapted from a video game. Pitch a game you think would make a good film with a director attached.

>Shadow Of The Colossus directed by Guillermo Del Toro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QZYDtpTTQN4
youtu.be/0DviyuGNeWc
youtu.be/Wxav9Jj7R68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Half-Life 1 by Michael Bay
>Ryan Gosling as Freeman
>Tom Hardy as Shephard
>Oscar Isaac as Barney
>Christopher Walken as G-Man

>Shadow Of The Colossus directed by Guillermo Del Toro

That's fucking amazing and the fact that it will never actually be made is a sin against all of humanity.

video games are for babies, hence you'll need a sufficiently plebiean director to bring your infantile hobby into film

>villeneuve
>nolan
>del taco

etc

>Guillermo "kill all whiteys" Del Toro

lol

Metroid

Director: Darren Aronofsky

Complete Cast of Speaking Roles

Samus Aran (adult): Scarlett Johansson
Samus Aran (child): TBA
Samus Aran's Father: Christian Bale
Samus Aran's Mother: Charlize Theron
Chozo Ancient (voice only): Sigourney Weaver

Uncharted, The Last of Us, The Force Awakens, Mad Max, Metal Gear, etc.

Deus Ex by Jean-Luc Godard, score by Jean-Michel Jarre.

Keanu Reeves as Adam Jensen.

2kino4u

That would be beautiful, but what would it be?
Seventeen scenes repeating themselves just with different beasts? Not much of a story, movie wise. (as a game though it was fantastic)

Obvious answer.

The Last of Us

Joel - Hugh Jackman
Ellie - ??? It depends. The best talent they could get for a passable 14 year old girl.

directed by Sam Mendes. He can capture the emotional angle well and make large scale seems small and almost claustrophobic while pulling off a good action scene.

Dark Souls directed by Mel Gibson.

>tlou

You have to go back >>Reddit

This

That's an awful idea.
SotC is the perfect example of a thing that only works as a video game and nothing else.
First of Warden is basically a silent protagonist, they would have to give him more dialogue to make him relatable, probably not just with Dormin but also the critical Emon. I don't see how he could hold an conversation Emon without coming of as a naive asshole.
The silent search for the colossi on horseback is probably what would be the hardest to transfer onto the screen. I don't see how they could capture that atmosphere at all, especially if they would have to do it several times.
The final thing is the colossi themselves. If the fights were to hold any suspense then you couldn't really put in more than one, max two colossi in the movie. Having all of them packed into the movie would just make them seem rushed and trivial, which is not how it should be. Hell, making it into a monster-of-the-week TV show would be better than forcing them all into a movie, but I still imagine it would feel rather formulaic when you lack the gameplay. The goal being just to defeat one colossus would make for a better narrative, but then it isn't really SotC anymore.

Force Unleashed*

Mad Max is already a movie series....

TLOU is a shit "game" but the narrative is decent. By video game standards it's pretty strong. It would work better as a movie than it ever did as a game.
Too bad everyone is fed up with post-apocalyptic zombie stuff now so it probably shouldn't be adapted for a while.

Resident Evil 1 was solid and Silent Hill was a 6/10 horror movie...only brought down a notch because Sean Bean didn't die.

Beyond that you have Mario Movie and Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat...all campy but enjoyable.

Prince of Persia wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.

>mfw this will literally never happen

Mad Max

Easy. Pathologic by David Lynch.

A Kirby movie with Daniel Day Lewis by Terrence Malick.

Animated movie about the executioners and vilebloods would be cool

So the ending credits Bikini Samus is Scar Jo?

>Asylum Jew
>Iron Goyim
>OrnSTEIN and Smough
>Gwyn, Lord of Jews

rofl

Samus will be in her underwear near the end, yeah.

Fuck, that could actually be good. Now I'm sad that it will never happen.

Killzone by James Cameron.

If we ever got a Dark Souls movie I would have loved to see the story follow Artorias.

Katamari

>Director: Edgar Wright
>Stars: Asa Butterfield as Kid, Vin Diesel as King of All Cosmos
>Genre: Kids/Comedy
>Style: Miyazaki/Ghibli-esque whimsy with live-action CGI mix
Premise: The god-like alien, the flamboyant King of All Cosmos destroys all the stars in the sky after drinking too much. He skirts responsibility for the issue and commands his son, the Prince, to go to Earth and find material to transform into stars, to replace all that were lost.

On Earth, panic ensues as all the stars in the sky disappear, leaving the world in perpetual twilight. The Prince lands and befriends a kid, whose father is constantly absent, and is an astronaut who has been sent to investigate the disaster.

The kid bonds with the Prince over father issues, and helps him roll up Katamaris, for the King to turn into stars - first out of innocent things like coins and toys, but the King's demands grow. Eventually, after a building-sized Katamari almost rolls up a family, the Prince refuses to roll anymore.

The King himself comes to Earth, as huge as Godzilla, to roll up entire cities and continents, and only the kid and the Prince can stand up to him.

End it with some message about recycling, maybe the world works together to make Katamaris to re-fill the sky.

A family picture.

So Rise of the Silver Surfer but actually good?
I would definitely watch that.

Verhoeven Killzone. He specialize on everything that has to do with fascism

POKEMON directed by wes anderson

user, this is too good. You shouldn't work like this for free.

i read this in doug walkers voice

>Directed by: Justin Kurzel
>Written by: Screenplay by Aaron Sorkin
>Music by: Original Score by Jed Kurzel, Remixed Tracks by Ryan Amon
>Dan Stevens as Isaac (Center, front)
>Michael Fassbender as Felix (Center, back
>Kodi Smit-McPhee as Ivan (Left, 1st from center)
>Chris Hemsworth as Piers (Left, 2nd from center)
>Emma Roberts as Jenna (Left, 3rd from center
>Rooney Mara as Sheba (Right, 1st from center)
>Garrett Hedlund as Garet (Right, 2nd from center)
>Alison Brie as Mia (Right, 3rd from center)
>James McAvoy as Alex (Center, faded)
>David Lodge (Voice) as The Wise One (Not pictured)

There is no way in hell the hair colors would work well in live-action, but fuck it it's all hypothetical.

It's a Jurassic Park TV show but focused on park building and maintenance, like the park tycoon games.

>Keanu Reeves
>Not just getting Elias

The problem with a lot of video games is that VAs make or break iconic roles, and I'm not talking about David Hayter either.

Adam Jensen doesn't work without Elias Toufexis.

>t. Elias Toufexis

>mfw the Oven Dodger boss sequence

So what, like Parks and Rec but with dinos?

You could just watch Jurassic World

too many breakouts, not comfy enough

the park staff would be more concerned about dealing with disease outbreaks, micro-managing bosses, greedy execs while trying to keep the dinosaurs and guests happy

you can even show Owen bonding with the baby raptors until they become the killer adults

Mass Effect by the Cohen Bros

Hotline Miami by Brian De Palma.

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing

I could see it working in a similar vein as those 00's comedies like Dodgeball, Anchorman, etc.

Psychonauts
by
Tim Burton

Michael Barbieri as Raz
Elle Fanning as Lili
Ben Affleck as Sasha Nein
Cameron Diaz as Milla Vodello
R. Lee Ermey as Coach Oleander

Legend of Zelda
Tom Holland as Link
John Travolta as Ganondorf
Elle Fanning as Zelda
Kevin Hart as Tinkle
Directed by Wes Anderson

Oh fuck, I'd watch the shit out of a fantasy epic by Wes Anderson.

Someone call that faggot up and get him a script.

>Wideshot of Hyrule Castle

>perfectly symmetrical
>wideshot of Hyrule Castle
>painted pastel colors

>Tim Burton

Henry Selick is the real man for the job.

A LotR-era Peter Jackson would be perfect for a Legacy of Kain joint.
Imagine hearing this dope shit blasting in the theater.
youtube.com/watch?v=QZYDtpTTQN4

Where the fuck is Bill Murray?

Or Owen Wilson
Or Adrian Brody

>Scarjo
>not Charlize Theron

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1,2, and 3 as a trilogy. Directed by Michael Bay.

They probably wouldn't be good but they'd make a shit ton of money.

Spec Ops: The Line by M Night Shamalamadingdong

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Bloodborne movie, following Gehrman

>Jeremy Irons as Gehrman
>Charlize Theron as Lady Maria/Doll
>Leonardo DiCaprio as Ludwig
>Tom Hiddleston as Lawrence
>Christopher Walken as Willem

>mfw MW1 and MW2 actually had good campaigns and CoD has now gone down the shitter

Titanfall is fun, but it ain't the same.

Obviously.

Fuck you forever, that's not a pitch, it's just a video game and a directors name

Lynch couldn't pull off Pathologic. You'd need to reanimate the corpse of Tarkovsky, maybe some Bergman

Fuck that. Psychonauts by Laika

Holy shit that actually sounds really cool

Ghost and Roach dying was one of the most memorable moments of my teenage gaming years, I'll admit it.

Say what you want about the games now but back then, when they weren't yearly cashgrabs, they were actually fun games.

Too on the nose?

NieR by Zack Snyder

I think the chances of this actually getting made are none to negative numbers.

Make it a television series and I'd watch it

>>Directed by: Justin Kurzel
He already ruined Assassin's Creed, he had his chance.

Transistor by Spike Jonze

Scarlett Johansson as Red
??? as The Guy in the Transistor (need ideas)

We also need someone to play this guy youtu.be/0DviyuGNeWc but i can't think of anyone with that specific voice

Music by Darren Korb and Portishead

I want it if only for how beautiful Cloudbank would look

Myst

>Director: JJ Abrams
>Stars: Joel Edgerton as the Stranger, James McAvoy as Atrus, Ian McKellan as Gehn
>Genre: Adventure/Mystery

Premise: In 1935, the Stranger is accompanying an archaeologist in uncovering a very unusual site in New Mexico - the opening of a shaft that appears to lead to an ancient, subterranean civilization, now in total ruins. Only one object is new - a book titled 'Myst'.

The Stranger examines the book and finds himself pulled inside to a new world, the island of Myst. Here, he meets Atrus, a man capable of creating books like Myst that 'link' to other worlds, or 'Ages'. Beyond that, he has no memory of his past life, but has been trapped on Myst island until the Stranger arrived.

Together, the Stranger and Atrus unravel the mystery behind his missing memories and exploring Myst and its neighbouring age, Riven. Along the way they learn the origins of the underground civlization, the plans of the evil Gehn, and maybe, just maybe, a way home.

Actually fuck it, the story works better if the Stranger IS Atrus.

Maybe make Catherine a supporting role, or bring in an original character then.

Timesplitters by the Wachowskis

Potential for multiple period pieces, jumping between bodies, NeoTokyo sequence. They'd go with the material like PB&J

You could also give them Assassin's Creed. Same basic hook as the Matrix with the two worlds stuff, period pieces, etc. Great for them as well

They made that movie, it was called Cloud Atlas.

I know, that's why I'm suggesting they could do it again and it'd be good

>Not Hotline Miami by Nicolas Winding Refn

Halo

Directed by James Cameron

Masterchief played by a beefed up, grizzled Armie Hammer in a career defining breakout performance. I don't have an issue if we see his face, as long as he wears the helmet for combat.

Cortana played by Emma Stone.

The Rock as Sergeant Johnson

>Tetris
>director: Alexandro Jodorowsky

would probably work better as a film imo

Uncharted could work, just make a typical summer action movie starring Chris Pratt. You could even get Elena's VA to play her

But knowing Sony Pictures there's no doubt they would fuck it up

Heres the best pitch ever done for a video game movie.

The style and look would be perfect! Heres the trailer

youtu.be/Wxav9Jj7R68

meme

Holy fuck that gave me literal goosebumps! Why the FUCK have t they made this? I need this in my life right now!!!

First choice/second Choice
Super Mario Bros.
Directed by Terry Gilliam/ Tim Burton
Mario-Jonah Hill/ Joe Pantoliano (aged down of course via mixture of cgi and make up)
Luigi-Mark Rufallo/Paul Rudd (mustached of course)
Princess- Emily Blunt/ Emma Stone
Bowser Koopa- Danny Devito/ no other actor in mind (he can do motion capture or suffer prosthetics)
Toads- all voiced by kids
Old Toad Scientist- voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch/ Peter Dinklage

I've had this idea for years but I've updated it. Originally i wanted John Gandolfini for Mario but he died. My reason was that he looked like he could play a 40 year old plumber. Jonah Hill obviously doesn't look 40 but like i said, i updated it because I couldn't decide if i wanted Experience or Presence.

The movie would be pitched based on all it's references to the video games and it's take on the things Mario Bros. do (power ups, Jumping high, Jumping on enemies)

And also it's look into Mario Bros. Lore. I keep getting this scene of Mario having a reoccurring dream, starting out as Jump Man fighting (a silhouetted) DK. But then DK transforms into King Koopa once Mario and Luigi become used to the Mushroom kingdom.
Also there would be a few cameos: Link, Koopa Kids, Mario Karts, and of course DK.
And it's the first to set up a video game cinematic universe
Chances are it'll probably be made before i have a chance to pitch it.

This is bad and you should be ashamed of the amount of time you've put into it

Coincidentally that Mario image is from the 10 part web series There Will be Brawl featuring a gritty smash series

Nioh. Directed by Quentin Tarantino and Zack Snyder.
>implying Zack Snyder would carry the movie on his own
Nope he's just there to make it look good

Alternatively

Dark Souls or BloodBorne. Directed by Tim Burton and Zack Snyder
>muh dream team desu desu

Nintendo Cinematic Universe, culminating in Super Smash Bros? I want this, but am leery about video game adaptations in general.

you mean saved.

F U C K Y O U

Wow! Great criticism, bud. You probably could've told me exactly WHERE i went wrong though...

Exactly. But I said Video Game Cinematic because I wanted to include Sega/Capcom characters in the SSBB too.
Unfortunately might not get Sonic since everything might be written off as a crappy fan fic.

>Link is dead!

cast him bros

completely agree dude

not diverse enough bro

Sleeping Dogs
Directed by John Woo

Michael Bay

Let me ask you a question.

Would you actually want to watch a Mario movie directed by Tim Burton starring Jonah Hill?

Imagine it for a second. Tim Burtons clusterfuck of bland CGI, he'll probably get Danny Elfman to make orchestral versions of the super mario soundtrack with fucking sleigh bells and a Timpani.

Jonah Hill doing that awkward whiny voice he does or worse, a bad impersonation of the mario accent.

But forget how utterly ridiculous Danny Devito would look in Bowser prosthetics or how shoehorned in Mario getting a fire flower would be (or how impossible it would be to write dialogue that rationalizes Mario turning into a fucking raccoon when he picks up a feather). What would it even be about?

There's no plot to Mario. Even in the RPGs there's no plot. There's no characters, personalities or motivations more complex than "save the princess". The most fleshed out character is fucking Birdo. 99% percent of the content doesn't make any sense. He's a plumber who jumps on turtles and plucks radishes to throw at midgets in cloaks. It can't work in live action and you should know that already from the 1993 movie.

Overwatch would make a great animated movie.
If not, a TV show focusing on a hero or a group of them depending on the plot would be neat.