What your media told you about Chechen wars and how it is viewed in your country in general...

What your media told you about Chechen wars and how it is viewed in your country in general? Was it like 'proud people fighting for freedom against evil empire' or 'muslims savages trying build a caliphate in Europe'? I hope there are people old enough who heard about this conflict in conscious age.
Also ask questions about Chechnya today, if you are interested. I'm not a chechen and I don't live there, but anyway.

I know nothing about the war, except that it happened. And I prefer it to stay that way until enough time passes.

I've never heard anything about Chechenia being mentioned here other than that time the Boston bombings happened.

Although some journalists who were obsessed with Putin (still are) tried to portray the black widows as "women who had lost everything", the general opinion is that Russia did nothing wrong. While we had ETA terrorism, which we were all concerned about, we witnessed Chechen barbarism in the Moscow metro, the Dubrovka theatre, the school in Beslan, the beheading videos etc. To us, Chechens were like an amalgam of ETA and Attila the Hun.

Interesting, I never heard about them. So from what I learn on Wiki, they are like Spanish IRA? IRA is much more famous btw.

at first yeltsin was considered a drunk who was trying to hold together a failed country by genocide

there was a comedian who had a joke

why did the chicken cross the road?
BECAUSE HIS HOUSE WAS BEING BOMBED BY THE RUSSIANS! WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS, HE'S ONLY A CHICKEN! LEAVE HIM ALONE!
did I say chicken, I meant chechen
*thunderous applause

but then 9/11 happened and beslan and dubrovka theater was considered a tragedy

> Was it like 'proud people fighting for freedom against evil empire'
First Chechen
> or 'muslims savages trying build a caliphate in Europe'?
Second Chechen

how many kadyrov's are there in russia?

I mean regional strongmen who putin let's run the show in their little republic

That's a good question. I'm a little too young to have kept track of the media coverage, and the war has completely faded from American consciousness, but I think the impression of Chechens and the war for Americans that still remember it is that Chechens were in their right to fight for autonomy, but that they are also naturally warlike and savage. Wouldn't be surprised if the false flag conspiracy for the alleged Chechen terrorist attacks against Moscow were widespread too.

Well, honestly, only one. Other governors are Putin's puppets and can't say a word against him.

I have Chechenian friend

Fucking madman

Kadyrov has exclusive power, can murder as much people as he wish and no law can stand against him for he is the law himself in his domain.

They now building in Grozny one of tallest scyscrapers in Europe btw. For Russian taxpayers money of course.

Some liberal hippies thought it was bad but most germans couldn't care less about chechnya or the chechen war for that matter. Not many people here have ever heard about it (except for russian migrants).

Chechen diaspora here. Tell me your side of your story. What did Chechens do wrong? How manipulateda re you?

Kadyrov threatened the US by arming mexican cartels or something similiar a few years ago.

Did you also witness the murder of about 200000 innocent civilians, including around 40000 children? Why do you think the life of the 1000 civilians that were killed in "chechen terrorist acts" have more value then the ones killed by Russia, causing all this to happen?

If Spain treated the basques and Catalonians as the Russians treated the Chechens then there would be many dubrovka and Beslans in Spain.

Why are there so many chechen criminals / terrorists?

>Tell me your side of your story
I don't have a story. If you noticed, I'm just asking a question and don't tell everyone here how it really was, because I dont know. This war is too complicated. I only know for sure both sides did terrible things and it's impossible to say that one side was right and another wasn't.

>Kadyrov threatened the US by arming mexican cartels or something similiar a few years ago.
i'm curious what was exactly the menace for the US in this, stealing their illegal-gun customers/market?

>'proud people fighting for freedom against evil empire' or 'muslims savages trying build a caliphate in Europe'?
'muslim savages trying to build a caliphate in an evil empire'

>bombing of Russian appartment block
>implying it wasn't ordered by Putin himself

Didnt Poles support Chechens in the first war? You guys even named a roundabout in Warsaw after the first President of Chechnya Dudayev.

neutral sources told me that you are losers

I remember hearing about Beslan in elementary school, think it was my first senses of turning into an islamaphobe.

Inbred fucking monkeys.

Well, both sides are losers. Chechens lost their independence war, we are losing our fucking oil money which can be spent on more useful things, not on mercedes sls for kadyrov's 8 yo son.

History and how it went. Russians did nothing to get us integrated, we were treated as criminals and so we became them. Russia was full of criminals, Chechens are a small nation so its easier to build prejudices on it.

Both sites did wrong, thats true. But we were not who started it.

I dont know what exactly happened but it was a funny story.

They did. And some of them still like us, but after 9/11 they started disliking us.

Is there many chechens in chechen diaspora who decided to return in Chechnya when the war ended?

This

The older generation want to return. The younger ones are unsure, many want to stay or even live in other countries.

Do you know anyone who already returned?

Yes, Chechnya is mostly peaceful today.

It was reported on generally neutral terms from what I can recall, Mexican media did not generally make editorials where it concerned Eastern Europe or Russia up until Georgia, and more recently Ukraine, when we strated adopting a view based on cues from British and Spanish media. Yugoslavia may hve been the one exception in the 20th century tho after its disolution our cultural elites tended to be somewhat sympathetic to Serbs, very low key ofc.

As I mentioned this has changed recently, I guess Ukraine gets more simpathy because parallels in its relation with Russia compared to ours with the US are somewhat hard to miss.

Forgot to add, Mexico was fairly pro Tito's Yugoslavia.

>because parallels in its relation with Russia compared to ours with the US are somewhat hard to miss.
Tell me more about this. I can't see any parallels since USA don't support any separatist movements in Mexico as far as I know.