Wikipedia changed the definition of 'gross negligence'

3 hours ago the first line in the Wikipedia article was
>Gross negligence is a legal concept which means serious carelessness.

This is the current opening line of the Wikipedia article now.

What do you think, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorantia_juris_non_excusat
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ignorantia_juris_non_excusat&oldid=728546934
law.cornell.edu/wex/gross_negligence
whois.domaintools.com/189.202.71.181
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what about it m8

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorantia_juris_non_excusat

change it back?

Gross negligence is a willful or reckless disregard of the law.

Its more correct now than it was before.

Gross negligence typically requires the person to have a understanding of the negligent act that can legally be considered understanding that the act is negligent.

Here you go.

gross negligence
n. carelessness which is in reckless disregard for the safety or lives of others, and is so great it appears to be a conscious violation of other people's rights to safety. It is more than simple inadvertence, but it is just shy of being intentionally evil. If one has borrowed or contracted to take care of another's property, then gross negligence is the failure to actively take the care one would of his/her own property. If gross negligence is found by the trier of fact (judge or jury), it can result in the award of punitive damages on top of general and special damages.

Common law is garbage. Don't even try. Abandoning thread

holy kek

they say the same shit dumbfuck

You didn't know about that?

>I didn't know firing a gun into a crowd might hurt people!
>I didn't know that letting a child swim in a pool alone might be dangerous!
>I didn't know that drain cleaner is toxic and shouldn't be used in barbecue sauce!

He's not dumb. He knows what he's doing. Even if it were changed, none of that matters to muh common law. Just the opines of the lawyerjudges. No statutes required. Court rooms are dinner parties here

More reasons why this is all so shitty. We always gotta fight and play law and order. What do the statutes say. That is all that should matter. But here? Things don't work that way

nah. I heard the FBI BS earlier today, but no, I was not aware of this Wikipedia change

No. You didn't know that lack of knowledge of the law isn't a defence?

I'm not saying this a big deal. It's just an interesting "coincidence."

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorantia_juris_non_excusat

kek

A very accurate definition

read that wiki page you linked to m8. it was drive-by-edited

I have linked to nothing ITT

Oh, I though you were he linked to this specific wikipedia instance (it's since been mostly fixed)

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ignorantia_juris_non_excusat&oldid=728546934

I thought he was saying his link explains OP. Which would have made more sense. But dont worry

This is what I think:

law.cornell.edu/wex/gross_negligence

Gross Negligence

A lack of care that demonstrates reckless disregard for the safety or lives of others, which is so great it appears to be a conscious violation of other people's rights to safety. It is more than simple inadvertence, and can affect the amount of damages.

Why should we even be surprised at this point, practically anyone can edit/manipulate wikipedia. This is extremely obvious with the pages on that retarded gamergate controversy.

Your schoolteachers were right, wikipedia is NOT a reliable source.

whois.domaintools.com/189.202.71.181

This is the IP that made the change

>build wall

fucking hell

Wikipedia is not a legal dictionary. Please do not use Wikipedia for research, use it to get a general idea and if you wand more information, check Wikipedia's sources.

It's the 1984 source.
:^)