So is it as good as the critics say?

So is it as good as the critics say?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=llDM-44Zb8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BASED

I have a friend who went to see it. He said that every time something good happened for the black guy everyone in the theater cheered.

That sounds fucking unbearable.

Why do black men hold white women to such high regards?

Alison Williams isn't even that attractive, yet her character was able to fool dozens of black men so easily.

That depends, are you a middle upper class liberal who hates white people?

reminder that if you don't like this you are a racist piece of shit FUCK TRUMP

It was pretty good but there were literally no good or even neutral white people in the entire movie. Every white person was evil. Every single one.

Also that scene where the dad talks into the fireplace is unintentionally hilarious, the epitome of a black guy trying to imitate white people at their most faustian and failing utterly

Reminder that this movie is satire and the way you're feeling about the plot was intentional

Say it with me now

S A T I R E
A
T
I
R
E

You'll only be disappointed if you're so stupid you think that Rotten Tomatoes is a rating out of 100 rather than an aggregate of whether or not reviewers thought a film was "good" or "bad".

Who cares? Every white person in the film was involved in an evil cabal. Of course they were evil.

I know but would it have killed them to include a single one who wasnt evil?

Literally /our guy/

That cabal is called white privilege and all of them are involved in it.

Fucking why?
Literally, why?
You probably wouldn't be saying the same thing if every minor black character in a movie was bad, so why now?
No one needs to add new characters to their movie because of your whining. Shut the fuck up

that would undercut the horror, yes

>why are there no GOOD zombies in evil dead

I've only seen one trailer for the movie and I'm under the impression that it's supposed to be satire.

I mean, it's directed by a sketch comedy actor/writer and the lines from the frumpy white people saying "I would have voted for Obama for a third term if I could" make it seem like it's SUPPOSED to be a comedy.

Is it not?

Where would you have included them? Making the cop a really nice dude who the girl freaked out on for no reason would be the only opportunity I saw. That or making his TSA friend white, which would have been way less funny.

I can't believe that righties are so insecure they see this as an attack on them rather than the obvious pisstake on how the left treats black accomplishments as an opportunity to pat themselves on the back and virtue signal it is. Frankly the right should be praising this film as a bite back from the black media community against white people who only pretend to care about blacks.

>You probably wouldn't be saying the same thing if every minor black character in a movie was bad
But that's because Blacks are fucking criminals by fault of genetic. Do you still not get how this works?

no. it's mediocre and forgettable

Black patrician here. The film is good, in many ways it takes cues from Rosemary's Baby and The Shining, but go see it on a Weekday matinee, or you'll be subject to what said. I made that same mistake, and for half the film, I had my head in my hands. I really hate watching films with fellow blacks.

It was great, but Sup Forums is so butthurt about a "black" movie being such a hit that they'll try to convince you otherwise.

Watch it for yourself.

why? to spare you fucking feelings? who fucking cares?

It is and it isn't. It's definitely a horror film with elements that seem to mirror Rosemary's Baby, but it's clear what the film is alluding to. This is why a bunch of white conservative snowflakes are angry about it.

Black patrician again: This so much. The problem is that White conservatives are equally as big a snowflake as the white libtards and blacks that they make fun of.

no, I would say that that was bad, too

Why does every movie need to fairly represent all groups involved?

Yeah god forbid people complain because the movie is literally "fuck white people, you should race mix". The film is propaganda, that's all there is to it. It will be forgotten in a month like every other propaganda anti-white film.

It's sad. When brown people (mostly Muslims), Hispanics, Blacks complained about their portrayal in film and television, White conservatives called them special snowflake babies, now they're doing the same thing because one film portrayed every white character in the film as evil. I hope that films like this would help people on both sides of the aisle look inward and see their hypocrisy. Maybe then we can actually start to fix race relations and improve this country. But who am I kidding?

>because the movie is literally "fuck white people, you should race mix".
Confirmed for not having seen it
Confirmed for not understanding the point we're making about irony

Indeed, especially the ending

>everyone in the family is either shot or killed
>chimp is screeching and strangling his white girlfriend
>when the police arrive she cries out for help
>cops side with the dindu assaulting his girlfriend for seemingly no reason

Definitely satire, would never happen IRL thank god.

>mfw I saw it with a friend, and the only thing he told me beforehand was it was made by Peele from Key & Peele, so I went in expecting a comedy/possible dark comedy
>I didn't see any trailer
>mfw the movie halfway in

even with the shock value aside from me not expecting this product (which actually made it even better for me possibly) this was a really brave movie from a sketch comedian

Very satirical in regards to white people and how some blacks might see successful white liberals through their eyes DOUBLE ENTENDRE

but for real, some moments were very K&P-ish, especially how the black people acted just made me think of Peele doing something like that in a skit, and how almost everything said from Rose's father had racial undertones, which was absolutely hilarious

if a movie is made on the basis of race and takes race relations as its major theme, then ya I think it would be bad to make all the members of one race be completely evil.

what was ironic about the movie?

Dumbass the film is about how lefties pretend to like blacks to prop themselves up and if anything it has an anti race mixing message of "white girls only like blacks as a fetish"
Honestly if you think the message of a film where the white girl lures the black guy in to kill him is "race mix" then I'm not even sure how you're operating that computer

There's hardly a film that doesn't contain propaganda to some degree

>Cold War
>Many movies where commies are bad and FREEDOM AND MURICA are good
>80s films where the Mujahideen are educated freedom fighters fighting against the big bad Russians (see The Living Daylights for instance)
>Films where blacks are a bunch of thugs who can't self improve without whitey saving them
>post 9/11 films where Muslims are just terrorists or all they talk about is Islam
>Films where Hispanics are either maids or drug dealers
Mate, you sound like you're 12.

Name the last movie/tv show you've seen where ALL the black people in the entire story were evil.

Wouldn't know, I haven't seen the movie, thanks for clearing it up.

What you actually fucking expected me to WATCH movies I complain about? I just come on here and post about movies I don't watch, with disregard to even looking up a plot summary.

You could get half of the information, especially the anti liberal portion from the advertising, the dad saying "I would have voted for Obama for a third term" is in every single advertisement.

It's a lot better than Moonlight.

The point of the film is that the so-called "well meaning White liberals" are/can be just as racist and condescending to blacks as the Racist from Tatnall County, Georgia. See this video for instance:

youtube.com/watch?v=llDM-44Zb8w

As such, there is no need to present a "good White person", when the whole point of the film is, "Yea, even you 'good White people' can still act condescending to blacks"

I watched the first trailer and that is all I know about the movie, and I vaguely remember that.

The main dude is a great actor, but the plot is garbage in a "this is fucking boring as shit" way. I'm sure I'd like it more if I was an artsy liberal wanker ready with my gold star to give out to every black man that so much as sneezes in my direction.

>GOOD LORD! That black man made a movie! What's going on? I thought these people were animals? 5 STARS!
Every liberal critic ever

kek

Maybe that's because when Hispanics and blacks and Muslims are portrayed as gang members, criminals and terrorists, it's actually realistic. Films portraying people more likely to commit crimes as people committing crimes isn't the same as a film giving unrealistic "all white people are evil" portrayals.

>>GOOD LORD! That black man made a movie! What's going on? I thought these people were animals? 5 STARS!

The sad part is that I can recognize that I actually do something similar subconsciously
How do I stop being tainted by the far left in my daily life to the far-right on my virtual interactions

It's not so much as 'conservatives' view it as an attack on the right as they do on white people in general. The liberals who you claim it's targeting are the ones salivating over how brave it is for being anti-white, which seems to back up that impression of the movie.

Stop the sugarcoating "5 STARS" part and give honest criticism.

I say conservatives because they're pretty much the only ones who can't let media that portrays whites as racist go as anything besides a condemnation of all whites ever. Lefties are totally missing the point though.

Side note, my favorite thing in the film was the brother using a lacrosse stick to attack him, having grown up on Long Island

>I say conservatives because they're pretty much the only ones who can't let media that portrays whites as racist go as anything besides a condemnation of all whites ever.

And I'm going to echo AYRT by saying that it's because so many liberals are mentally ill/unstable schizos that can't tell apart reality from fiction so when they see whites being racist in film it fuels their beliefs that's how reality is. Conservatives don't have to pick it apart as "a condemnation of all whites ever" because that's how anti-white liberals will view it and will spread that it's a good film solely because most of the white people in it get killed.

There ARE liberals that condemn ALL white people for the slavery incurred by the British and Americans, which is hilariously incorrect.

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

The irony is, this film is a right-winger's Nazi dream.

By the end of the movie, black guys watching don't want to go anywhere near white women.

The lesson of the film is perfectly in sync with Nazi ideals. Except for the extermination part.

Fair enough, I guess I phrased it wrong, I should tack on a "and take serious offense to it" to my statement about conservatives.

Also that white people would want to literally become black

WE WUZ GETTIN' KIDNAPPED BY BODY SNATCHERS N SHIIEEETTTT

just saw it. solid 8/10

>Black movie has no good white characters
"IT'S ANTI-WHITE" (eg Get out)

>Black movie includes good white character
"WHITE SAVIOR TROPE" (eg Brad Pitt in 12YAS)

>Black movie has no white characters at all:
"UHH... DIVERSITY AGENDA AFFIRMATIVE ACTION" (eg Moonlight)

You people will always find something to complain about.

> WHY NO WHITE SAVIOUR

this is why its good

Peele is clever. By making a film that has white people as villainous toward blacks, it forces whites to say they liked it in order to avoid being labelled as a racist.

I can't wait until he gets JUSTED by Chelsea Peretti and ends up paying child support.

Just checked the plot on Wikipedia, and it's mentioned they only do the consciousness transfer with blacks. Is it explained in the movie? I mean, if not, the concept would work perfectly with only blacks or only whites.

This is fucking outrageous if true

have (((we))) reached a new low?

>white people hunting down black people for sport and cucking

serious concerns... JFC

>you people are so bad that I can only describe you as like myself, that's how BAD you guys are.

breath

This scene scared the living shit out of me.

lol whites and blacks are a mistake. holy fuck how obsessed are you guys with each other? so even the liberals are racist so might as well just be racist then right?

Armond White is like a voice of reason in a sea of darkness. He's the only one who points out that the way this movie is photographed, is itself very questionably racist.

I'm kind of bummed the skeleton deer bit from the trailer got cut. Really wanted to see that in the film because it looked cool.

This shit is literally posted everyday. Fuck off with it already, its a dumb nigger movie about how hard it is to be in an interracial relationship, cause fucking peele is married to a jew.

>MUH STRUGGLE OF BEING MARRIED TO THE WHITE DEVIL

So you dislike this movie you haven't seen, because the people you don't like are pulling the wrong message from it and praising it?

Why not just watch a fucking good movie without thinking too much into it?

I see you did not pay attention, the cop was his friend,the TSA agent, the joke was that in every other situation if it was a real cop the black guy would've been killed.

I'll tell you a scarier story than Get Out with a way more violent ending scene; a white person walks through a predominately black neighborhood at night.

Everytime I expect to disagree with Armond White, he does it yet again.

He's the Thomas Sowell of movie reviews.

He's the hero we need.

>serious concerns
>white-black relations are a serious concern

Fucking Americans.

what the fuck does Jamie Fox have to do with anything?

They are going to have some ugly ass children

It was pretty awful. Completely pushing aside the huge obvious race baiting shit, the fact that I had to sit through 50 minutes of ads, and a horde of black Americlaps constantly blathering through the movie, all the subjective stuff, it's:

- 2.5 hours long, most of it just being long, drawn out setup of people talking. The first two 3rds of the movie are nearly all just walking around talking and the protagonist being vaguely uneasy about the family of white strawmen.

- It's incredibly obvious, with no twists or surprises. You figure out super quickly because the movie can't help but stick it's face into everything eerie, and it's foreshadowing is clumsily handled. "MY WIFE IS A THERAPIST WHO KNOWS HYPNOSIS, SHE CAN MAKE YOU FORGET ALL THAT IN JUST ONE SESSION" is practically loudly broadcasted in the middle of what is supposed to be a normal conversation. There is zero mystery after that, but the movie insists on taking it's time rather than ratcheting up the stakes.

-It's flat out just not scary; the music and shots do nothing to compound any desired effects, it relies on quite a few jump scares. It's literally only scary if you're a black person or a white apologist who is afraid of racists.

- It isn't funny. The attempts at comedy mostly derail the central horror narrative, and embody the worst part of Key/Peele sketches, where they just keep trying to push the same line repeatedly until it's funny, or just people just talking out loud to themselves.

-By the end when action finally starts happening, it can't even do that right. Despite being a rated R movie that has already showed a head get cut open and a brain pulled out, when Chris is finally fighting back against the family (I will even concede in some clever ways), the movie cuts away from the violence and gore like it was a fucking made for TV movie. It can't even give you some satisfying revenge violence.

no, you stupid fuck

being 'not racist' is not judging people based on their race

Sup Forumstard who says blacks are unintelligent -> racist

libtard who says blacks are supressed by voter ID laws -> racist

>only blacks have the balls to criticize where libtards are scared shitless to be called racist

the world we're living in

Have any of you actually seen this movie?

no he's just a nigger with bad opinions taking advantage of an untapped market (that's you, if it wasn't clear). completely insincere, the milo whatever the fuck his name is of film criticism

Black women must be 'bout ready to cut niggaz dicks off

It's literally and now evidently objectively the greatest film of all time

Objective Accomplished, but Mission Failed.
The primitive cerebrum falls back on ingrained habit in times of chronic stress y'know.
>There's that word again
Pic related obviously
You make me very tired whenever you post such nakedly unhelpful things.
I like you.
Still holding onto your misapprehensions, that's the kind of stubborn tenacity we need to put to the gauntlet of physical and mental inquiry to Make Mankind Great Again.
Oh yeah, bump.