I never thought I'd see this day

I never thought I'd see this day.

Thanks to the occasional Screenwriting General and Filmmaking Generals here on Sup Forums, perseverance, and a little bit of review from randoms online and a couple friends, I have received a call from a studio executive (A24) who read my treatment and wants to meet in person for me to pitch it.

I couldn't have done it without you guys. Even through all the shitposting and memes, we've managed to have more good discussions about what makes a movie good than I could have ever imagined, and its because of the advice yall have given me (sometimes harshly) that I've improved.

So thank you. And, if you have any tips for a pitch, I'd love to hear them, too. Its in two weeks, in NYC.

Yall aint half bad.

so what's your story? Something about minorities coming to terms with things?

What is the exact nature of your script with full details please?

My man
I hope your script get picked up and made
Or at least sell it for some cash
Good job

Congrats! if this is real!

Congrats user

Now post your script online for us to see

Good job my man.

I hope my webseries gets picked up. I also hope someone answers my flyer so I can finally get that African American actor I'm looking for.

Nice try. :^) I guess what I am willing to say is that it's not pandering - it's just a simple story that I tried to tell well. I think those are more interesting than complex stories told mediocrely, you know? Basically a teen love triangle, with a little more to lose than just the girl he's after.

Thanks friendo. I'm talking with a professor of mine who has some industry experience, and I really want to go in asking for a little less money than I think it's worth, but get a job or something. Professor said sometimes it works that way, sometimes it doesn't. I'll have to see.

You guys will be first to get tickets to it if it gets picked up. Unfortunately like 1 in a million screenplays get bought, and only like 1 in a hundred of those get picked up, and one in a hundred of THOSE get finished and one in a hundred of THOSE make it to the big screen. Sucks.

Thanks! I swear, I just got lucky with this one. Nothing special about me. Keep working though. Good thing about web series is that their cheap, and if they're well-written, a studio is more willing to take a chance because even if it fails, they're not out a ton of money.

You better have put some good Sup Forums memes in there, expecting at least one baneposting reference.

We zoom in on a green oval, on top of which are many arguments including how the DS9 generated power, and whether or not demons could become vampires.

One of the characters is in English class and the teacher reads a quote and says "What did he mean by this?"

Does that count?

I'll take it. Godspeen user!

>I really want to go in asking for a little less money than I think it's worth

If you want your to get your foot in the door, i'd recommend it. You're not in a position for demands.

t. Industry person

this is awesome, congrats user!

please, i'd love to know how you got picked up from A24 (with details)
I'm on the same boat you just left haha. Still floating around with my script for a sail

There's a legend in the biz who famously turned down a first offer despite coming from the slush pile, but yeah if you're just some random no-talent moron and nothing special it's better to go along with the program.

how did you do it? thats really my biggest question, who did you submit this script to?

HELL YA N!GGA!!!! WOOO

who was that?

Don't George Costanza it. It almost certainly won't get picked up, but trying to haggle will ensure it doesn't.

You can

This is probably fake, but on the chance that it isnt...

You better fucking put some baneposting in it, you must, its what I would do

Could you try and get Uma Thurman to play the teacher?

If you make it, you better use your contacts to get the bros from /SWG/ scripts read

youll fuck it up and never get another opportunity until the day you die

sry

Looking forward to this.