Taboo

britfags - explain this

> I am the head of state. Just fucking kill him!

a king who commands the world's greatest navy can't send a warship (or two) to sink an tiny unarmed brig?

He was too far ahead already I guess.

nah, he barely exited the Themes, even if it took a few hours to get word to a warship, they can catch him in less than a day

how did they get messages/orders to ships at sea, before radio?

Whatsapp

Flags

The U.K is fighting Napoleon and the U.S.A At the exact same time.

Also, anyone find that everytime they zoomed into the Prince's face his make up-line was really really obvious?

>anyone find that everytime they zoomed into the Prince's face his make up-line was really really obvious?
Yeah which annoys me as one of the only things I know about George IV is that he was incredibly vain.

where was parliament when all this was happening?

Busy with the end of Napoleon, the Congress of Vienna, the 100 days, and America.

Fuck me 1814 was a busy year.

They left the harbour under the protection of the EIC flag once they were far enough they changed to the American flag

>Oi, wasn't the gunpowder for the Americans?
>We are the Americans.

Does this mean Delaney was in league with the Americans all along, or is he just literally false flagging and fucking everyone over?

>Does this mean Delaney was in league with the Americans all along
Why would he kill the guy if he was?
>is he just literally false flagging and fucking everyone over?
Was this your first episode?

Because the guy was working for Strange, wasn't he?

He seemed pretty normal to me

>a guy who despises slavery because of the shit he went through
>working with USA when one of the reasons they seceded was to keep the slavery when UK was banning it

so was the Prince Regent in taboo. So?

DUmbass, he is saying that they are going to pretend to be americans from now on

Back then I'd gladly have betrayed my own country to throw in with the Americans. Not now though.

He quite blatantly stated he had 2 masters, and strange mentioned having one last "ace to play". The American dictor had a deed of transfer for James to sign that would hand Nootka to the EIC in exchange for the note of passage into America.

Oh I was drunk

Which is what Strange was expecting to be in the packet before he went boom

Delaney went a little overboard with his revenge.
Should've left the black guy a chance to prosecute Strange.

I liked how James still sent Chichester the two testimonies, wonder if Chichester will get fucked over by EIC/Crown for involvement in the murder of Strange.

Mmmhmmm

>show is called taboo
>he doesnt nut inside his step mother at least once

Explain this.

mmmm

kek

The Brits outlawed it in 1833, it was still in full force in the Caribbean after the Revolutionary War.
And slavery played no factor in the states seceding. When it was already outlawed in some Northern states.

Bongo education, everyone.

The final line when Atticus says so America & he replies no, mentions the Azores & then says I have to meet Colonade.

The Crown didn't know that the EIC had given Delaney a ship. It would have been some time before the field report would have been recieved and the relevant order sent out. There's also nothing to suggest that the Crown DIDN'T send a ship after them, once they realized what had happened. In fact, that may very well be a plot point in the Season Two premiere, with Delaney trying to finish his business in the Azores before the British arrive.

>no factor

Retard

>Hey guys, I want you to abandon all your friends and family here in London as well as the life you established here, in favor of going to some shithole across the Atlantic, would that be enough to get you to work and kill people and fight the Royal army and EIC men for me?

I'd do far more for him tbqh

this desu
besides what kinda life did they really have

Franka Potent is so hot. Why didn't he nut in her at least once on screen?

So you didn't even understand this show on the most basic level? Remember his talks about surrounding himself with only "the damned"? Remember when he told the guy with the established life in London that he couldn't come?

I guess "the damned" is shorthand for "the looking to commit suicide by army on a dock while following an insane cannibal who kills people based on psychic visions and lies to everyone constantly"

they used (relatively) small, fast ships to carry messages, "despatch boats" they were called

schooners and cutters and whatnot

that's if the orders we to be transmitted in confidence, where someone would board from the despatch boat - otherwise they might use semaphore or blinking lights, depending on the weather

the ship they're sailing in the show looks like a collier, which is a cheap and dirty small (up to 200 tons) cargo ship, which is relatively fast unladen - it's very fitting that would be the kind of ship the EIC would choose to give to delaney

but yeah as for communication, naval communication was really slow and just shit

there was a battle in the american war of independence which was fought after the peace treaty was signed because of how long the delays were getting orders to the fleets

is correct

they could pursue him, but it's not like they just load up the satnav and find his location

delaney is the only one who knew his destination so they wouldn't be able to accurately predict his course

however the british navy definitely do have ships capable

...of catching him up, or beating him to his destination

you can bet that it will be a plot point in the next season if the king puts a bounty on his head (which you'd expect with him having been responsible for dozens of royal soldiers' deaths)

I am a very dangerous man to know. mhmm