Is there any legitimate reason to "contribute to society" and work 8 hours a day...

Is there any legitimate reason to "contribute to society" and work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for the rest of your life for some asshole boss? We bitch at minorities and NEETS but they live the lives they want and don't give a shit what people think. Why should anyone have a job in this day and age?

Nope

Automation and basic income will be a reality within a few years, or Capitalism will collapse

We'll all be NEETs

we're living in consumer culture so we need money to consume useless products

>Automation and basic income will be a reality within a few years, or Capitalism will collapse

That's a fucking pipe dream and you know it

If we cut out the crap we'd hardly need to do any actual work to keep the basics of society going

this.

you can always get ahead, but if you don't care about faggy shit like rolexes then there's really no need to work.

No, you don't HAVE to contribute, but you sure as motherfucking don't have a leg to stand on if you wish you had more than you can get in handouts.

I personally don't give two shits if people drop out of society, but the moment you do, you lose all rights to bitch and moan about not having more money, a better place to live, better healthcare, better food, or anything else.

Make a choice, live with the consequences and be content, or just commit Sudoku, either way, it's fine.

It's not about enjoyment it's about survival.

90% of all jobs is useless busy work when you really think about it.

I'm pretty sure I'll never enter the workforce again, involuntarily.

> they live the lives they want and don't give a shit what people think
so, just like the animals

>we'll all be neets

No we'll all be dead as globalism moves to purge the non elite from this world and live in their ivory mechanized worls

Either way we'll be free. Thank you, jesus.

this, it's a pride thing

if you just dont care, sure you could leech

>8 hours a day, 5 days a week for the rest of your life for some asshole boss?
You work at McDonalds? Good luck with that.

Like I said, they don't care

Get a job you enjoy.

Love work, love having $$$, love life.

You're absolutely right. The only reason you should be working is to support yourself and pursue your own goals. Working to "contribute to society" is a farce for the most part. Being charitable and helping your immediate community is contributing to society, not working for some Jew in an office building.

Fuck off.

All NEETs should be rounded up and executed or forced into labour camps. They are literally worthless parasites, worse than niggers or Muslims

>NEETS but they live the lives they want and don't give a shit what people think
The only way NEETs can survive it's through handouts. Someone else has to work for them to stay at home. Cut all the gibs and they starve to death, so they certainly care what the people who pay the bills think.

Stay mad, Schlomo.

> Cut all the gibs and they starve to death, so they certainly care what the people who pay the bills think.

you know that will never happen

>8 hours a day, 5 days a week

This is a white middle class 20th century union thing.

It's going away, especially and Chinese, Indians, and Mexicans with no such concept flood in.

It's possible we'll go back to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.

>work at a small manufacturing business
>depending on the week, I produce between 20 and 40 percent of the goods
>get paid at 25% of our hourly charge without getting bogged down doing paperwork, the task most removed from production is slapping shit in a box for shipping

It works for me. I don't go to a corner deli and demand a 40% discount on a loaf of bread while screaming "UR STILL MAKING MONEY," it's just the way shit is.

>(your graphic)

You're not supposed to "enjoy" it. That's why it's called work. If you were supposed to enjoy it, it would be called play.

>You're not supposed to "enjoy" it. That's why it's called work. If you were supposed to enjoy it, it would be called play.

Exactly. My question is why would you do it if you don't have to?

this, we live in a time where we can all live pretty comfortably. have clean water, access to good diet. organic fruits and meats is all you should strive to spend your money on,

its not bad to be a neet, if you get in your exercises and mediation

I am a neet. Have 300 k left. Not much but I live by my means. I hate working I hate people and I fucking hate corporate culture. Worked all my teens and 20s. Quit working 3 years ago and I am 32. Thinking about getting a job so I don't run out of money at 50, or maybe just kill myself when my parents die.

Ty for reading.

why do something you don't enjoy, lmao
we used to do it for pussy but women are all sluts and cunts now so fuck that
there's literally 0 reason to work beyond what it takes to survive (not much if you're clever)

>Why dont you just kill yourself? I mean is there really a reason for you tonbe alive?
Just because you can deconstruct an idea doesnt mean you should. Eventually you just get to the conclusion that you should just kill yourself.

>Wake up at a reasonable hour
>Comfortably get to my office around 10
>Spend several hours billing work to my clients
>Go home at my desired hour
>Work in the comfort of my home while making dinner and billing clients even more
>Go to bed, fulfilled in enjoying what I do and having more money than a NEET will ever see

Try not having a shit job

>Just because you can deconstruct an idea doesnt mean you should. Eventually you just get to the conclusion that you should just kill yourself.

but there is at least a reason to live: pleasure

why is suicide the default?
suicide takes effort
if you deconstruct everything to the point of nihilism you eventually become a NEET, not dead

Labor and work is necessary for all the luxuries (as well as necessities) that you so thoroughly enjoy.

I will admit that the current culture cycle of wake up --> go to work --> go home --> go to sleep is fucking terrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy (well, maybe), but the truth is, OP, that if nobody worked, nobody labored, we would literally become Africa, and we don't want that because we are civilized.

Do you want to become Africa OP?

if Sup Forums and /r9k/ had a baby it would be you

africa is what happens when people stop giving a fuck

no shit, the userbases overlap
wow woah what a revelation

Wage slave mad.

I have expensive hobbies that need funding. NEETbucks can only get you so far. Also pussy aint free.

I don't mind as long as your self sufficient. Like if neets farmed their own food and shit and didn't leach off of something.

Give me your money now and then kill yourself

based bukowski

Even in Huehue-land you can manage a very reasonable life without much work. Instead of doing selling your soul to the corporate masters, why not get some interesting job? Working is easy enough if you don't give a shit about being fired, and doing nothing gets boring fast.

Truth

The only person you should be contributing to is yourself. If you feel your work is being a negative in your life, then find something else.

I'm a "NEET" who makes 40k a year off a combination of disability and under-the-table work 10 hours a week.

Life is fucking incredible, and people don't even know I hardly work, so there's no social stigma.

Wagecucks are the most embarrassing thing in the world.

protestant work ethic bs.

Why do you people assume that all work is the same?

you gotta eat

You're a blight upon this country and you should be shot.

Work can be enjoyable, retard.

Because in order for such things as welfare states and NEETS to exist, there need to be people who do the shitty work that NEETS refuse to do, but which sustains their own lives.

WORK SETS YOU FREE!

>this
40h week is the minimum if you enjoy it. and fucking over society by beeing in the automation biz makes everything even more ironic.

The real issue with work / unemployment relates to a person's drives. Sex, money, material possessions, starting a family, self-sufficiency, independence, the pressure to not be seen as a "loser", etc. - All drives that may inspire someone to work. Even just working in and of itself can be a drive.

But what some people don't grasp is that some people:
1. Don't have any of these drives
2. They DO have these drives, but they aren't strong enough to actually work for them
3. They don't see conventional work as the way of achieving what they want
4. They are holding out for a better deal; negotiation
5. They have figured out an alternative method to working, or an alternative method to achieve their goals (so they don't need work)

Imagine a guy who is in his 20's, doesn't work, lives with his parents, and wants sex, but isn't willing to work to achieve it. This is something common, and it's all explained by the 5 reasons I just gave. If he doesn't care that he's seen as a loser, and if he doesn't care about having the latest "iPhone", then what's his incentive to work?

>We bitch at minorities
The difference is that black people have children as a source of money from the tax payer. And if you don't pay your taxes, the police come and arrest you. If you don't allow them to lock you up, and you fight back, they kill you. A NEET on the other hand, is just taking advantage of their parents' kindness.

The latter is mutually agreed upon, even if one person is clearly benefiting more than the other(s). The former is literal murder.

"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now." - James B. Comey, FBI Director

Related video that I really recommend listening to when you get the chance:
youtube.com/watch?v=HMi072Ae_0w

''