Ask a Jehovah's Witness that has never seen any horror films anything

Also is the exorcist scary? I was brought up to not have anything demonic related and I stick to that now, but is it really as scary as everyone says?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IzzjFVF25IQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Also is the exorcist scary?
At this point in cinema history I don't think you can call it 'scary', but The Exorcist pretty much created the entire genre and it's arguably the best on artistic terms with maybe Shining being a slightly better movie. Both movies are great way to introduce somebody into horror genre. I'd also try Army of Darkness or Evil Dead 2 as those movies mix horror with comedy.

What's your general opinion on horror movies and their audience? It genuinely seems interesting to me.

are you guys into tits or ass?

Additional info - Mike Oldfield is my jam:
youtube.com/watch?v=IzzjFVF25IQ

Sorry, I wrote a long reply but my safari crashed.

I don't like horror films, simply because every time I hear about them, they use the same old plots and tropes.

I don't WATCH them because of my fathers experiences, when he was in university, being a JW at this point, he decided to watch poltergeist, in the middle of the film stuff started flying off his shelves hitting him. He was scared out of his life and did not come back into his flag for days.

He also saw some friends using a Ouija board and saw the garage door slam shut and open because they were playing there.

In general, I avoid them, I MUCH MUCH prefer the unseen horrors, like thrillers and crime films.

*flat

You should keep in mind that he has never seen a horror film. Exorcist would probably cause him to shit himself

Watch
Alien
The Thing
Lost Highway
Mulholland Dr
Jacob's Latter
Videodrome

>he decided to watch poltergeist, in the middle of the film stuff started flying off his shelves hitting him
Well, that's obviously bullshit but if he never saw a horror movie, Poltergeist can fuck you up.
The face-melting scene (oh young Steven Spielberg!) damaged me as a child.

>I don't like horror films, simply because every time I hear about them, they use the same old plots and tropes.
Yeah, that happens a lot. Film makers use the plots as a line you can hang scares on.

>I MUCH MUCH prefer the unseen horrors, like thrillers and crime films
You can get that in, well, horror movies as well. Alien is pretty much a slasher movie in space (bested only by Jason X years later) with Alien being hidden and striking out of the shadows for most of the movie.

Of those I would only reccommend Alien for a horror novice.

lmao, great bait, dude

Check his preference. I omitted any religious related ones minus Jacob's Latter

Wouldn't you rather witness these digits

Yeah, this guy never saw a horror movie and thinks that occult may have an impact on irl real life and you're reccommending him Jacob's Ladder or Lynch's acid nightmares.

Honestly, it's not bullshit.

I have been out on my ministry preaching work, I once met a psychic and she was getting pulled back by her hair by the invisible force, she closed the door and I left panicked.

It's why christians tend to avoid any demonic media or customs or whatever.

Watch Lasagna Cat on YouTube for subtle existential horror.

*an invisible force

We do believe in Demons, we DO believe they are dangerous.

/x/ maybe the board for you then

Hey, I like to be cautious, it's not going to affect any non christians who don't even believe in the stuff.

I was raised a JW, the horror stories they tell you about demons and shit are honestly hilarious. I feel for you.

Why would belief itself influence material reality?

>The Exorcist tv show

Lynch should be fine based on what he said

>tfw watched Army of Darkness and now my house is infested by skellingtons
>tfw watched Ghostbusters and now ghosts fuck my cat when I don't look
>tfw demoooooooooooooooooooooooons

Fellow JW here.

I highly recommend The "X" Files.

On the surface it's about the government covering up a coming alien invasion and two FBI agents learning all about faith and reason (from each other). But the reality of it goes much deeper (spoilers ahead).

The reality is the government is genetically engineering people into super-soliders, building experimental aircraft and impregnating women to incubate "alien" fetuses in order to fake an alien invasion and create a world government.

If you want to go even further, you can see the fake aliens as an allegory for the Nephilim and the Purity symbiote as a parallel to Satan's seed. Even the crashed UFOs are called 'Fallen Angels'.

It has a lot to do with faith and believing (I Want To Believe, The Truth Is Out There, etc). Mulder (the guy) is a Protestant, Scully (the girl) is a Catholic and ironically, they display the opposite traits that traditionally, men and women are supposed to display (Mulder is emotional, Scully is intellectual).

Apart, they're nothing against the seemingly unstoppable force (whether it's the government or Satan). Together, they themselves are an unstoppable force.

So that's what I'd recommend.

>is the exorcist scary?

CAN YOU FUCKING NOT PLEASE

Did your parents beat you growing up user?

OP Here.

Do you believe what we say about demons, satan etc...

No, of course not.

Yeah

Dude, seriously

Just wondering, we had Jw's living a couple of houses down growing up and the father would beat his daughters with a strap when they misbehaved.

Could you win a fist fight against a Mormon?

Here is what happened verbatim.

>I was on my door to door preaching work
>I knock on this door
>This old woman, probably 50 odd answers
>She sees we are Jehovah's Witnesses from the literature we carry
>Talking about Paradise etc
>She says she is a psychic and can see dead people and talk to them etc
>About 3 minutes into the conversation she starts getting pulled backwards by her hair
>I offer to help
>She just screams in pain for us to leave so we do
>She slams the door

How come everyone I know that watches demonic shit all the time never has these experiences? Maybe it's lack of exposure that's causing your problems.

I'm from the UK, I can imagine US christian fathers being too extreme and taking the fist to their daughters

My parents would never do anything like that, my dad hit me arse with a belt when I first used profanity that was it.

She was probably fucking with you because she knew you were sheltered.

The hair stood up on her head or she just started jerking her head backwards?
Because if the latter is true then she just wanted you to gtfo or was really a psycho.

OP here

It only happens to those who know of the dangers of it. How do you think Ouija boards work?

Demons are real, but they are not going to harass normal people who do not believe in god or any of that.

They harass or show themselves to those who preach God's message.

I'm Australian. This was in the 90's. The kid would probably sue these days.

Nope, I remember her facial expression, it was almost like she was terrified, I contemplated calling the authorities for a while after.

She said in this horrible voice for us to leave.

Rosemary's Baby is for you

Her hair was being pulled by an invisible force, as if someone was there pulling at it.

She said specifically "I wish I could get rid of these demons".

She obviously was being harassed by them for a long time.

I'm not falling for that again.

And you just left her there?
You're the worst God's soldier I've ever heard of.

Try 'Possession'

>I contemplated calling the authorities
"police? I saw a woman being assaulted by a ghost."

It was a long altercation.

I asked her if she wanted help, in the long term AND short term. I told her to remove anything related to demons or satan from her house.

This includes tools, media, paintings, anything which directly relates or involves demons or satan.

She explicitly told me to leave.

The Black Cat is good too

Horror films are universally retarded OP, you missed nothing.
It's the "sarcasm" of the film world.

Neat. Nice to know I'm safe from demons then. You folks should probably mention that we're safe from demons though. I know it's not a good selling point but apparently you guys are dealing with demons and the worst thing that I have to deal with is silverfish.

The authorities treat it as mental illnesses.

OP Here

I agree fully with this, horror movies look rubbish. They appeal to those with very little artistic integrity.

Growing up with a naturally skeptical mind coupled with a Christian upbringing left me pretty shielded when it came to supernatural horror as a kid. Call it a fluke but between my incredulity and "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." left me laughing at shit like spooky ghosts and demons.

Except for Nightmare on Elm Street. That one got to me as a kid.

Now Alien and The Thing? The Thing scarred me for life and left me with a phobia of parasites.

You don't have to deal with silverfish. Silverfish are cute, leave them alone.

We don't deal with demons, or even combat them.

We avoid them at ALL costs, it's not as tense as it would seem.

Other denominations do combat them, like catholics or jesuits who go out and perform exorcisms on people, objects and houses.

We believe only Jesus had the god given power to exorcise spirits from people.

We believe the name of God, Jehovah (The hebrew word for God) protects us because Demons are scared of their power.

>part of a cult
>are horror movies scary

*of his name

The first response in this thread is literally about artistic merits of horror movies.
The Exorcist is an excellent movie with perfect pacing. Shining is visually stunning and intense.

What good is your good when even cucked catholics can exorcise demons and you can't?

what good is your God*
Had a brain fart there.

>but they are not going to harass normal people who do not believe in god or any of that.
This is the exact fucking opposite of what the Bible teaches, you lying faggot.

The Word is a beacon of light that shines out from believers and shields them from the evils of the world. Atheists and pagans are born in and wallow in the world and succumb to all of its traps, including demonic influence.

Reminder: Satan is of the world. We are born in his domain. Accepting God's offer of salvation is the only protection we get from it.

Get off Sup Forums dude, no JW belongs here.

They can't though, no one can.

If you do your research, the majority of modern day exorcisms result in the person's death.

They do nothing but ease the mind of whoever it is, if someone is possessed or being harassed by demons, it's because they either have an item which is linked to demons OR they themselves are practicing something that is related to demons like horoscopes, tarot cards or other unholy stuff.

Yes, that's what I mean.

We are protected because of God's word. But those who do believe that it is all "fantasy" or "fairy tails" are largely unaffected.

>tarot cards
>horoscopes
Dude, you're killing me

Exactly, I believe they are nothing more than fake tricks but those practicing those are inviting badness into their lives.

Superb thread, OP, post more /x/ stories.

Alright, this is what my dad told me. I look up to my dad, he'd never lie and is very experienced about the world.

>Be my dad
>Be living in Birmingham UK, (birth place).
>My dad has some stupid friends called "Piggy" (nickname, don't know real name).
>Piggy hears about this thing called a Ouija board, buy's one.
>My dad, being a JW, tells piggy to get rid of it.
>Piggy, one saturday set's this board up in his garage, my dad walks PAST his house one day and sees the garage door slamming shut and opening in a very violent and erratic way.
>It stops when they stop using the board.

Another one from my mother

>Be my mum, live in Stoke (UK)
>Have JW friends who preach at school about the dangers of demons
>Friends laugh it off as fairy tales
>mums JW friend is going to prove how dangerous they actually are.
>mums friend makes Ouija board out of paper, uses it in school library with crowd of people watching
>Friend get's thrown out of the window of the library and nearly breaks his arm.

>>Friend get's thrown out of the window of the library and nearly breaks his arm.

You can't be serious.

I am, it actually happened, it was documented in the Stoke Sentinel as a freak accident, but those, including my mother who claim to have seen it saw my friend get knocked back by a force through the window directly behind him.

If you're scared of the occult, why are you invoking meme magic in the form of pepe's icons?

Oh, I don't, I don't worship Pepe like the Larping faggots on Sup Forums.

I even told them it was idolatry but they won't listen.

This is some X-Files shit.

I can already imagine the conversation

It's not fake, simply search on Google or YouTube, occult evidence, occult experiences or any other form of spiritism or divination.

Although, modern day scientists believe that things like poltergeists, exorcisms or anything else in this area is to do with mental illnesses.

I want to believe.

>I want to believe.
whatever kiddo.

Now all we need is a flat-earther in the thread and we'll have a real stew 'goin

Kek made Brexit happen and got an orange billionaire elected president.

What's Jehova done lately?

Not him but too much to count. He's gonna Make The World A Paradise Again.

OP Here.

This, A PARADISE.

For exclusively chosen 144,000 people*

nah, they are for heaven.

Everyone else going to live on earth.

That's Heaven. The rest of us will live on Earth.

If you're gonna make le clever quips xD at least know what you're talking about first.

>Jehovah's Witness
No Fun Allowed: The Religion

fun = Degeneracy

watch "The Witch" (2016) you wont regret it.

What are you doing to be one of them? Jehova's not paying you to sit on your starfish.

I don't think that's how it works.

Just gotta preach the word and go to meetings to have a strong relationship with God

I mean at least were not hypocritical like Catholics. Only thing i have a qualms with is higher education stance but meh

As they should.

Isn't it an toxic relationship though?
I mean, it's like being obsessed with this girl but she doesn't even acknowledge you.
Furthermore you're not even sure if she really exists but you tell all your friends about her.

Grew up as a JW too, left though, nah they aint bad

They are when they are behind your door, also they are really moneyhungry.

It's never a dull moment though senpai