Uuups, British Pound touched down to 1.2798

a few hours ago.

That is a 15% plunge from the 1.50 last seen during the afternoon and evening of the Brexit referendum.

Why is it still falling? I thought everything will be alright?

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/deutsche-bank-shares-tumbled-to-a-30-year-low-after-fed-imf-rebuke-1467278856
youtube.com/watch?v=6vYnas6q3Sg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jewish Bank Tsars and Goldlords are pushing for British destruction.

this, they want to start the war asap and they were waiting for something to blame

>Euro only dropped 2 cent against the dollar

shit people that don't understand economics say
>devaluing a currency is bad

you mean

>shit the media says to scare the uneducated normies

What's so horrible about a lower pound anyway?

>Why is it still falling? I thought everything will be alright?

Currency movements illustrate the lack of confidence in the UK economy over the medium and long term.

The fall in the value of sterling is a vote of confidence in the UK by international markets.

Put simply, the UK is fucked.

Can you name notable British export other than actors and Current year guy?

*then

Conditioning
A lower currency is only bad for the ~top 5% of wealth owners.
Guess who owns the media that tells you that it's bad?

The UK's purchacing power is collapsing.

It's bad for consumers too. Imports are becoming more expensive. Prices have risen nearly 10% in a week.

Brits are an import nation. They import 270 billion worth of machinery, cars, food, clothes, electronics, building blocks etc.

For the working class and middle class, as lot of things will be more expensive now - by 15%.

>things will be more expensive
>but the pound is worth less

>Prices have risen nearly 10% in a week.
Where?
I have seen nothing of the sort.

All your posts have been 'concern shill' level.

The simple answer is, some people are making a shit-ton of money through an uncertain market.

>>things will be more expensive
>>but the pound is worth less
imports are more expensive

>The simple answer is, some people are making a shit-ton of money through an uncertain market.

If currency movements were irrelevant, businesses wouldn't hate large movements up or down and pay large sums to hedge the risk.

3(4?) of the largest property funds in london have had to freeze in investors citing lack of liquidity.

Gold has spiked to EU sovereign debt crisis highs.

If we see markets continue to head in this trajectory then brexit might be seen as a Bear Stearns' moment.

In all likelihood this should simmer down till US elections but we will probably see central banks move away from a rate hike bias.

Don't laugh to much though kraut Deutsche Bank is sick and poses the greatest systemic risk to global financial markets.

Smells like an excellent time to resign, if you ask me

LET IT BURN!

>Deutsche Bank is sick and poses the greatest systemic risk to global financial markets.
How can a stable regional bank pose the greatest systemic risk, if the whole Italian banking sector could collapse?

Agree with the rest, Brexit is having global ramifications.

And what if the high pound was the reason for that in the first place? Who says investors won't now invest in British manufacturing to capitalise on the lower pound and avoid higher import costs, [spoiler] creating economic growth [/spoiler]?

Time to take that vacation to the UK fellow burgers, probably wont get a better time than this.

>since 1985
Hopefully it wont stretch back to churchill

>Who says investors won't now invest in British manufacturing to capitalise on the lower pound and avoid higher import costs, [spoiler] creating economic growth [/spoiler]?

Investors hate uncertainty. British investments, especially foreign investments, are now on hold until there is more certainty on the British situation post the EU exit.

For instance, property funds and builders have been fucked. Tata steel assets may have to be liquidated as buyers chicken out. etc.

>Spent £300 on tinned food in the last 5 months prepping for the brexit crash
>Pound starts declining, pretty sure the food price rise puts my at a huge advantage
>Came home friday
>Entire extended family sitting around the table
>They have opened and poured into bowls 43 tins of baked beans that I bought
>All of them are waving British flags
>'Hi son! Welcome to Bean-Bean-Brexit!'
>dad brings out like 6 loaves of German rye bread
>whole family sits around eating baked beans on german toast
>making anti-german comments like 'this soft ass nazi bread can't handle the heat from the bean-bean-brexit'
>'son we know you bought that food for the financial recession but now we 've left Europe there won't be one, so we're eating as much as we can and giving the rest to charity!'

fucking idiots don't realise we needed that food to survive the 2016 winter.

Why do Deutschfags love the EU so much? What the fuck is the appeal? You can't reform it you know, there is no way to affect the council or commission as an ordinary citizen. Why do you have ego in this? You are fucking German not European, have some fucking pride. Why do you want to be in a union with Slovenes and Bulgarians, are they your equal? I think not.

Corbyn should be pm but we need to wait 8 months for the tories to take their sweet time floppin around. Just to go to election and have Corbyn win. I wonder who will run for ukip? The disembodied spirit of Savile?

DB failed central bank stress testing for the 3rd? year in a row; it is now the highest leveraged bank in the world and they have a whole bunch of funky instruments on the books (CoCo derivatives and the like).

The parallels between DB and Lehman are growing by the day.

What is undebatable is the EU banking sector is sick and hasn't made the adjustment needed post-GFC and EU Sovereign debt crisis unlike US banks.

What's wrong with a falling pound? Increased exports and tourism.

Two reasons.

1.) Germans are still giant cucks because of WWII
2.) Germany basically IS the EU at this point.

Study their gdp, import and export figures. And how large of a chunk of these numbers in any direction were eu related. Want six bananas? That'll be £12?

>You can't reform it you know
We are reforming it as we type this. Have you not read our French-German 9 page secret paper?

>I have seen nothing of the sort.

Prices rises have already been passed onto consumers of products traded in US dollars.

I purchase for my company in Euros, we have adjusted prices accordingly.

You will feel the knock on effect of price rises in the next six months, accross the board, as oil becomes more expensive as the result of the falling pound against the dollar. Oil is traded in dollars, but it is usually purchased in advance so the effects of currency devaluation aren't felt immediately.

A change in oil prices affects all products because it raises transport costs.

good, I plan to invest in the pound soon.

How does is it good for a a country with a trade deficit?

>Why do Deutschfags love the EU so much?
Controlling Europe without military force.

>The parallels between DB and Lehman are growing by the day.
This is such a meme. Deutsche is still worth 20 billion... no sophisticated investor would touch Deutsche's equity if any of these memes were true.

Look to Italy for happenings.

>ywn celebrate bean bean brexit with your extended family

These are two direct contradictions, which one is correct?

This is not crackpot shit btw.

Even the IMF have made these observations

>wsj.com/articles/deutsche-bank-shares-tumbled-to-a-30-year-low-after-fed-imf-rebuke-1467278856

>The International Monetary Fund called the German bank the riskiest financial institution in the world as a potential source of external shocks to the financial system. That labeling came right after a U.S. banking unit of Deutsche Bank was one of just two banks to fail the Federal Reserve’s “stress test,” an exercise measuring how 33 banks would fare in the event of another financial crisis.

Well someone is doing all the reaping of the FTSE 100 hitting highs

>Want six bananas? That'll be £12?
What are taking about?
Do you pay more than 3 Canadian dollars for a banana?
>1.68

Incentive

Well in 2014 we exported about $442 billion worth of goods, which places us 9th in the world, these included:

>Machines, engines and pumps
>Gems and precious metals
>Vehicles
>Pharmaceuticals
>Oil

>notable
Completely irrelevant.

>tfw your countries currency is the global reserve currency.

>These are two direct contradictions, which one is correct?
The top 1% never get into trouble. It is always the people who are fucked.

Corbyn will never be PM

UK stock market is stronger than before brexit.

Wow you're dumb. Yes, with the pound being worth less, it has lower buying power on a global market. You have to spend more pounds to buy something from another country to equal their currency. This drives the cost up.

still way above the feb 2016 lows m8

Now the sterling is falling in value, and we're out of the EU's trade umbrella, WTO trade rules kick in.

This means our exports will be subject to tarrifs to protect foreign industries from an unfair advantage conveyed by our weak currency.

This.

The Clinton files might tie in too.

You brit don't understand europe. Enjoy the USAs bitch boy in trade

1. Strength in numbers.
2. Much bigger and scariere things out there, india, vietnam, mexico.
3. By being devidet we get played against each other.
4. We dont want to be sold out to china like you are and your workers get fuckt over by farage.
5. We want to colonize space. Only posibel if we all work togther.
6. Bulgarians romanians where ww2 allies.
7. Your a retard
8. Togther we stand devided we fall.

Conservatives will lead England into a 10 year recession and then when things finally improve inevitably, they'll take credit.

nothing. the brits have been devaluing their currency for generations.

Keynes in action

Become the 51st state. Problem = solved.

Largely due to international earnings.
I'm have a FTSE all share index fund so I'm okay with this, but the £ is so weak it doesn't actually mean anything

But our service economy was fine

Our markets are now volatile, if you look at your own graph you'll see stocks are on a rollacoaster ride.

This is bad.

It means investers don't trust our fundamentals and are buying and selling irrationally.

Currency value is a better indicator of international confidence in the UK economy.

In short, we're fucked.

The true Germany is about three times as large as the German state, and the EU allows us hassle-free economic entanglements with the formerly German territories. It's as if your bullshit world wars and efforts to throttle German power never happened. We can become the world's greatest country again.

>UK stock market is stronger than before brexit.
Pleeeease, the FTSE 100 companies make 75% of their revenues in currencies other than the Pound. There is a strong inverse correlation to the pound.

Even Marc Carnie, the head of the Bank of England said it is the FTSE 250 which provides a somewhat good picture of the UK economy if combined with the Pound fall.

K

While the UK was in the EU we were a sovereign nation. If we become the 51t state, we lose all sovereignty.

>Become the 51st state. Problem = solved.
That is actually true. If I were the UK, I'd join America - best thing they could do.

>CoCo derivatives
Actual footage from DB board meeting:
youtube.com/watch?v=6vYnas6q3Sg

Your family are dirty beaners

too bad you'll be drowned in nigger and pooskins just when you crawl out of your post ww2 hole

>le ebin refugees meme

Mate, we just left the EU on a platform of taking back control. The idiots who voted to leave the EU might have difficulty accepting the total loss of sovereignty to Washington...

Real talk. The only reason to do business in Britain was it's open door policy to the rest of the EU. In spite of its flaws the EU was the best thing that ever happened to Britain. There is no reason to do business anymore and when things get more automated their financial sector will be irrelevant.

But you'd be American and get to rub it in all the European's faces. Not to mention get an actual expansion of your rights, access to a huge market, and get to be lumped into the deals that huge market has with other markets.

Not to mention you're now shitty currency is replaced by solid American dollars.

>Become the 51st state. Problem = solved.

>Muh freedom
>Muh sovereignty
>Leave EU
>We can't stand alone
>ohshit.jpg
>Let's join the USA

Tbqh it would be an eternal anglo move.

>leave
>ok
>would you like to lead now?
>no

>when things get more automated their financial sector will be irrelevant

No you don't understand Canada.

But I hope to god Theresa May can keep open our FTAs.

>Great Britain
>Great

Y'all are living in the 19th century, you lot have the political weight of hamster.

>b-but muh free trade deals
China will fuck your working class
US might give you a pity deal
EU will make sure polish workers are allowed to take your jobs again.

>b-but muh stronger Britain
Boris and Nigel both quit
>they just wanted what's best for Britain, they didn't want to lead
Yeah, your captains steered the ship into the iceberg and then jumped ship. Y'all are sinking

Enjoy being the new Spain of Europe

The British are like a whiny, petulant child that didn't get his favorite candy. This child throws his toys around and knocks over the sand castle and cries to mommy for help.

Nah m8 it was the 17m leave voters who did that.

Low pound = more international business because cheaper = more jobs
Is this not true?

>this soft ass nazi bread can't handle the heat from the bean-bean-brexit'
>>'son we know you bought that food for the financial recession but now we 've left Europe there won't be one, so we're eating as much as we can and giving the rest to charity!'

>In spite of its flaws the EU was the best thing that ever happened to Britain

Pre-EU Britain was literally the most powerful nation on earth for a century

0/10 bait

Is the list of your exports labor intensive? Will increased export of the goods listed equates to more income to British citizens on average?

>your workers get fuckt over by farage.
Ah yes, the notable powers an MEP has of course

>What's so horrible about a lower pound anyway?
nothing major as long as they do not fall under the normal situation of 1 usd = 1 eur = 1gbp

> Not to mention get an actual expansion of your rights,

No, the EU citizen has better protections than the US citizen, on nearly every issue. Your political culture places the rights of corporations over citizens' rights.

> access to a huge market,

The EU is a bigger market than the US market. The EU has over 500,000 consumers, the US only has around 300,000. The EU is the biggest trading bloc on the planet.

The US has slightly higher GDP than the EU as a whole, but the wealth isn't well distributed, and lack of State services in the US means the average US consumer is poorer than an EU consumer, in real terms.

It would be the final fulfillment of the Revolution, the Motherland liberated at last.

>we're out of the EU's trade umbrella
Not for at least two years you mong

>The EU is a bigger market than the US market.
Not if we leave.

>The idiots who voted to leave the EU
Back to your ivory towers my globalist friend

>Pre-EU Britain was literally the most powerful nation on earth for a century
Actually, before the UK joined the EU, the UK was called "the sick man of Europe" and was in a deep economic and societal crisis.

Joining the EU was a rescue anchor for the UK and has been the biggest success story (next to Germany) of all EU countries.

What was unfortunate is that, unlike Germany, the UK politicians did not prop up the rural areas and manufacturing sector in the UK. In Germany, probably due to the cold war, it was always clear to have several power centers and prop up smaller towns and cities as well, so that if Berlin gets taken by the Russians, Germany can still war produce products in the rest of Germany.

Just imagine the old britfags going apeshit crazy when they realize they are a state of their ex-colony.

B R I T I S H P R I D E

>Pre-EU Britain was literally the most powerful nation on earth for a century

The US overtook the UK in economic power in the 1880s. The UK was fucked by WW1, and the UK's Empire disolved after WW2.

We ceased to be a global power in the middle of the 20th Century. Google: "Suez crisis". This is when the US smacked the UK over the back of the head and told us to get back in our box.

Mfw just bought a new headset for half of the price i'd get them for in Sweden on Amazon UK. Thank you brexit.

Dudes I'll even admit I thought Brexit might be okay but now I think it's a huge mistake. Protectionism and not working together does not fly in the international economy we have today. Every economist warned us about this and nobody listened to their advice. This was a mistake.

>Why is it still falling?
Uncertainty in UK's future trade. Investors don't like uncertainty.

You have gay labor shit that can change here. In the US we have actual substantial fundamental rights.

>Boris and Nigel both quit
Nigel quit as leader of a party with 1 MP, it changed nothing.
Boris quit due to Gove's Machiavellian backstabbing, not to do with leaving the EU itself. Has foreign media been completely bullshitting over this stuff? You've got retarded foreigners saying shit like
>Farage dropped out of the PM race
When he's not a tory or even an MP so never even had any chance whatsoever.