Criterion Collection sale! 50% off

Criterion Collection sale! 50% off

As a newbie to these types of movies, what do I get from this sale?

criterion.com/sale

Other urls found in this thread:

icheckmovies.com/lists/the criterion collection/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I already have:

Seven Samurai
Videodrome
Three Colors Trilogy
12 Angry Men
Godzilla
Badlands
Muholland Dr.
Dr Strangelove
Del Toro trilogy

Save your money and download them instead.

i like to collect physical shit

>tfw too poor to participate in this year's flash sale

Then take a shit and collect it, it will save you money.

Wait, you guys actually watch movies? I thought we were all just here to post about political statements that celebrities make.

good joke dude, made me laugh

The Red Shoes

not worth it in most cases
many of these films are old and you can find them on youtube, etc

modding's been better, but there's a lot of /pol rejects that have been looking for an impaired host, and /tv is it

Their entire collection is basically on constant rotation on TCM. I don't see why you would waste money on a DVD.

>watching shit quality youtube rips

>watching movies on youtube

That's even worst then YIFY, no wonder this board is so pleb.

>Their entire collection is basically on constant rotation on TCM
Once a week, at like 2 am sunday

thats prime time for NEETs

TCM Imports is usually when they show the foreign films but the stuff like Some Like it Hot, Gone With the Wind, Lawrence of Arabia and all the classics are on constantly.

Criterion doesn't have those though

icheckmovies.com/lists/the criterion collection/

>tfw have no money in my account
>ends in 21 hours

AAAAAAAAAAHHHH

FUCK

>Their entire collection is basically on constant rotation on TCM

So ignorantly incorrect.

>youtube

They feature commentary, extras, essays, do we really have to do this every time?

Having said that- Filmstruck is a great resource for many Criterion films, and features some commentary and supplements, so OP, i'd check to see if any films you're interested in are on there too.

i hear hookers can make $150 an hour

I actually do have Filmstruck, but I like to buy some physical movies every now and then. I just bought

House
Man Bites Dog
Paris, Texas
Persona

Pretty happy with those.

Why is criterion so based?

They have this sale like 5 times a year. It's literally the only way they can sell these because they're so overpriced. Just wait for the next one.

Are you joking with me?

its /ourcollection/

Sweet, good choices. I enjoy owning The Thin Red Line, Close-Up, Certified Copy, Tenenbaums, The Whit Stillman box set, all w/ great supplements and commentary.

>doesn't ship internationally

FUCKING CUNTS

Was looking for this thread. What should I buy? I got Hausu during a sale last year and Saturday I bought Tokyo Drifter without having previously watched it. I'm watching it now actually.

Anything by Edward Yang.

Is Beyond the Valley of the Dolls actually good?

The blu ray of Paris, Texas is gorgeous looking. Really accentuates the beauty of those night time driving sequences.

Right now I'm trying to keep from buying anything because I'm running out of space in my small apartment.

Really tempted by the Before trilogy though

What the fuck is the matter with me.

Fuck you OP, I somehow just went and ordered the Before trilogy after posting about how I was going to hold myself back.

Just bought Seven Samurai and Jules and Jim

> Already own them on DVD but wanted the Blu Rays

Is Dreams by Akira Kurosawa any good?

Is this movie good? Been meaning to watch it, but could never find an HD download.

>want to get Chungking Express & In the Mood for Love
>none of them in stock

Guess they don't want my money

It's pretty cool, the ending is pretty bizarre though.

Incredible saturated colors but it's as boring as hearing someone try to explain their dream for 20 minutes.

Chungking is out of print

it's good 80s-LA-core, like Big Trouble in Little China

I bought:
Cries and Whispers
L'ecclise
The Asphalt Jungle
In the Mood for Love
Woman in the Dunes
Heaven's Gate

Are you a big fan of The Asphalt Jungle?

I'm finishing up a John Ford quest and I'm going to start a Huston one afterwards.

Is Badlands worth getting?
I haven't watched much of Malick's stuff but I enjoyed The Thin Red Line.

Also does this sale mean most movies are now $16?

Yep. It's a great heist movie.

I liked Badlands desu, it's much more normal for a Malick movie. If you picking up what I'm dropping.

>like Big Trouble in Little China
LOVE Big Trouble in Little China, might have to buy it now.

>Also does this sale mean most movies are now $16?
$20

Any stuff like Koyaanisqatsi that's got great cinematography that I can relax to?

Also is Che any good?
I hate commies but I've always found him interesting.

>I hate commies but I've always found him interesting.

I have similar views, but the more I read, the more I realize that some "commie" ideas can be applied without being a commie. Pic related is a good book, and he mentions Marx a bunch, while discussing failures of Communism. Che was dedicated to his beliefs, which is respectable in some form or another.

No

I try to limit myself to the non-flash sales because I'd spend too much money other wise.

Still, I'm tempted to at least get Tokyo Drifter after the director's recent passing.

What's /yourcollection/?

Get the blu-ray of The New World

Small fact for you niggas: Che hated the russkies almost as much if not more than the US for trying to control the other commie movements

> 50% sale
> get raped by duties because leaf
> really end up saving nothing in the end

I have a few but it's just not worth it. From when I was in the market for them amazon.ca never put them on sale which is a shame.

I'd love to get In the mood for love, paths of glory, and a few others.

Just bought Days of Heaven, The Virgin Spring, and Olivier's Henry V. I don't think these are on FilmStruck so I think I'm good. I also own
Seven Samurai
Youjimbo
Sanjuro
The Hidden Fortress
La Belle et Le Bete
Inside Llewyn Davis
Stagecoach
The Last Temptation of Christ
Richard III
Throne of Blood
Macbeth
Chimes at Midnight
Apu Trilogy (the only poo in loo movies I've seen)
I don't think my wallet can take much more.

I would rather deal with the passionate (probably "autistic" in your vocabulary) Transformers fan who watched all the movies with all the commentaries and extras included than the film snob who pays 30 dollars for a bare bones Criterion disc that actively avoids buying the Criterion editions of Armageddon and The Rock.

Congrats on your first year of discovering "kino" now go shitpost waifus in a Twin Peaks thread.

I'm tempted to get this, is it pretty good?
I'm a sucker for nice cinematography.

Any noir suggestions lads?

MFW this cuck doesn't like to stimulate the economy and support artists

I might get Blow Out and Dressed to Kill, but what's so great about this "Criterion" in the first place. This guy kind of has a point.

desu, I'm actually quite the fan of Michael Bay, and I'm very passionate about his work. Although I enjoy his R-rated work the most. So don't insult me with your assumptions of discovering "kino".

Night and the City

all the ones worth supporting are dead or retired

That's not that true. I'm a leaf too. I just bought the Before Trilogy and after the shipping and everything in I'm paying about $25 per blu ray which isn't bad at all.

lol

Kill yourselves hipster trash.

But then I wouldn't be able to watch my Hungarian avantcore kinography

Badlands or Tokyo Drifter?

back to your capeshit threads

Hard truths.
Criterion has been making money hand over fist since before bluray came on the scene. Their special features were sparce so you got that rare title but that's pretty much it.
Compared to other dvds you got very little in terms of added content. They were minimalists in every sense besides subtitles.

May your death be a swift one criterion

Your what? Did you just sneeze? Bless you.

Check em

>paying $40 for a dvd
>supporting artists
Keep drinking that koolaid

Actually instead of blowing 50 bucks for a DVD like a retarded hipster faggot I watch TV online for free because it's free, there's more of it, and it's just as good as the pretentious trash you're watching, hipster faggot. Really missing those boxes to put on some shelf in my apartment to make people think I'm interesting though. Kill yourself.

loooool pleb rage is the funniest

Badlands better movie, Tokyo Drifter nicer box.

>I watch TV online

Stopped reading there. Go back to your 240p Breaking Bad stream kiddo and leave the adults to discuss film.

You can't really deny this tbph
It is what it is

I'm not a pleb, I'm poor. You could find every single one of these movies out there somewhere for like 5 bucks tops. You fucking faggots with daddy's credit card need to kill yourselves, or at least use it to buy drugs instead so you can contribute something to the world.

>$50
They're $15-$20 right now you fucking idiot

looooool you are not only a pleb but you also can't believe that any of us spend any time working jobs at all?

are you okay?

>muh resolution
You sound like a you're from Sup Forums

Hmm... This was like 5 years ago. Maybe it's better now. I just remember being annoyed at duties.

>a $20 movie is too much for him

>not caring about resolution

Do you watch movies on your phone?

I'm really not but it's unrelated to this discussion. Also I forgot how fun it was to piss hipsters off.

gb2r

Del Toro trilogy was about $100.00. The art on the boxes was good.

>underage plebs foaming at the mouth in this thread because they can't afford a $15 movie

lol??

Badlands is great. It's easily the most 'NORMIE' Malick movie but it's also one of his best. Check it out

>bare bones
The both of you are idiots, one of the biggest reasons people support this company is because they obviously put effort into making the transfers look great, and not only do you get physical goodies (books/posters/infographs) depending on what movie you get, but the extras on disc are always really good.

Try and find a single blu-ray that looks as good as the Criterion rip of The Thin Red Line. Protip; you can't.

loooool how on earth do you think anyone in this thread is pissed off other than you, you hilarious little pleb

>You could find every single one of these movies out there somewhere for like 5 bucks tops.
Find me Tokyo Drifter's blu ray for $5

That's how David Lynch watches all his movies.

>admitting to browsing Sup Forums

No wonder you don't care about resolution; you're a low iq pleb who doesn't care about the arts. Back to your safe space kiddo

there are rumors of a WKW box set coming later this year/early next year

Just bought -
Autumn Sonata
Cries & Whispers
Women in the Dunes
Satyricon
Ikiru

How did I do?

k l8

Only seen the first 3 of those but they were all masterpieces

I want to get Blow-up but the promo doesn't work for pre-orders. Guess I'll wait for July or whenever.

Best Antonioni by the way.