ITT: terrible movies you got memed into watching

Bet you loved Ant-man

Holy Mountain

Jodorowsky, not even once.

>he doesn't appreciate nightkino

lmao @ ur life

literally this.

thx letterboxd, pretentious tools

I actually liked this. Blackhat on the other hand... that was a literal b-movie. Just awful

>Sup Forums praises this and shits on Blackhat when Blackhat was the better movie

>using kino in conversations
lmao @ ur life

Sorry to hear about your shit taste.

>shits on Blackhat
only plebs

the abyss
pierrot le fou

Loved every Mann film I've seen so far, will I enjoy Blackhat?

Worst noir ever.

fuck off it was shit

Blackhat's plot is really nothing special, but Mann elevates it and makes it great with his direction.

Yeah. I am sure it is some kind of mass delusion at this point. It's like they are looking at it so hard that they start seeing things that aren't there. Their vision of the film is completely fabricated in their mind. And then patting themselves on the back for rating it 5 stars because they are so much better and patrician than everyone else.

Greatest noir ever.

This guy gets it.

so, i guess youre not into the details of transpo

Mann makes right-brained films. Blackhat's most powerful moments are things you feel viscerally, physically, intensely, instead of dryly observing; conversely, even the film's most inconsequential interludes have an undeniable abstract beauty to the framing, lighting, depth of field (or lack thereof) and an opiated isolation-tank hum to the sound design which, above all, seeks total viewer immersion.

The point resides in the startling physicality of an automatic weapon as it fires ceaselessly; in the electric Hong Kong night with its smudges of impressionistic color; in the robotic, rhythmic machine-gun clonk-clonk-clonk of knife repeatedly penetrating flesh and bone which resembles more a swift firing of keystrokes than a life being snuffed out; in the merciless dialectics of the cutting which brings to mind another favorite of Mann's, Battleship Potemkin; in the film's deeply felt picture of life in the 21st century, continued from Miami Vice but even more bleak and nihilistic, in which the modern world is but a cash-operated, ATM-lined Panopticon that is always under surveillance (the jailed Hathaway is introduced reading Baudrillard, with Foucault's Discipline and Punish visible in the background).

Blackhat is a paradox and an enigma; at once the most fully abstracted and "purely" cinematic film Mann has made, as well as an utterly gripping thriller and one of his leanest narratives. Its resolutely non-commercial nature, though, ultimately wins out and has already ensured that most people will find little of value here as long as they continue to search for left-brained stimulation in an essentially experimental film about images and sound, touch and taste and color and rhythm and feeling.

TL;DR: Get better taste or go back to imdb.

It was the more focused and interesting version of Miami Vice

Napoleon Dynamite

Don't forget to visit /lbg/

I made it 5 minutes into blackhat after they said some stupid tech shit I shut it off. Also some retarded swede movie in space ages ago was complete trash and I dont know why I finished it. Sup Forums a shit.

>watching for the plot/dialogue

>not enjoying Michael Mann's style

lmao, stay pleb

Be very careful now...