*signs "lifetime" contract*

Other urls found in this thread:

nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000401029/article/scouting-the-scouts-games-nfl-teams-will-attend-this-weekend
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Michigan should seriously start to think about moving on from Harbaugh, he's been a bust so far.

I heard this guy has a a brother that coaches in the NFL and has a Superbowl ring. Must suck living in that shadow.

He's going to the Chicago Bears. Deal was completed this morning. Bears are firing Fox after the Eagles game and he's taking over.

Ryan Pace and 3 top scouts were at the game today solidifying the deal. Bears scouts are really high on the fit with the current Bears personel and players.

>scouts were at the game today solidifying the deal

Scouts have nothing to do with personnel contracts, brainlet. They were scouting for the draft.

No they were scouting Harbaugh. They've been scouting a few college coaches this year. Harghbaugh and Pat Fitzgerald being the two main ones. Iowa's coach is another one.

Teams don't scout players until after the season when they have a full season of tape to study. No point in scouting them before then.

>Teams don't scout players until after the season when they have a full season of tape to study. No point in scouting them before then.
this is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever heard

How's he supposed to win when the referees are for anOSU every year? B1G officials are a fucking joke

13 of the last 14 isn't refball

He is literally only the second coach in Michigan history to lose his first three games to OSU

All the major teams do it this way. Why in the world would they scout players in one game without a complete history to compare it too? Why do you think the "mock drafts" from experts change so much? Teams ramp up their scouting in the offseason. It's also cheaper for teams.

>Scouting college coaches
>In person
>Instead of using film

That's one of the most retarded rationalizations I've heard in a while. Fitzgerald and Ferentz? Good luck with either of those in the NFL. They're not even top-tier coaches in college.

Harbaugh has a massive buy-out and Harbaugh's wife, Sarah, likes Ann Arbor and doesn't want to move. The writing's on the wall-- he's not going to be leaving Michigan, dude.

Bro he can’t win when it matters

>this wasn't blatant refballing

they go to every game you autist

don't bother responding, i know you're just making shit up

You’re retarded and know nothing

No it's not. The scout coaches abilities to lead and adapt to game situations. They want to see how coaches win and ajust to the inevitable break in the game plan. That's far easier to distiguish in person then on film

Fitgerald has the makings of a good NFL coach. Ferentz I agree with.

i can't tell if this guy is serious.

why would it make sense to scout coaches that way, but not players?

LMAO
He'll go to the Colts were he'll have a franchise QB

Not sure why anyone is surprised. What has he ever done in NCAA? He’s just a solid 9 win guy. As long as urban is around Harbaugh won’t be doing shit.

Yeah they go to scout the coaches. Not the fucking players. One game is not a good way to scout a player and you dont have time to scout all the players you want to see because there are only so many games and so many scouts. That's why they wait for the fucking offseason so they can have all of their scouts watching all the players with a complete history.

While this may be true, any hope that UM had was destroyed by OKornhole. Refs can't throw interceptions and miss receivers by 10+ yards

can't really throw out a meme stat like that when everyone knows and the refs even came out to say they fucked them over on one

See

Wow... you've played too much Madden, are underage, or just plain dumb. I met scouts from the Giants, Titans, Cowboys and Patriots in the pressbox at the Michigan-Michigan State game earlier in the year. They said they were watching Maurice Hurst, Mike McCray, L.J. Scott, Mason Cole, Khalid Hill, Patrick Kugler, and Rashan Gary.

So yes, scouts from NFL teams will scout college players during the season. The fact you claim otherwise is laughable.

how the fuck is it easier to judge decision making in person than it is on film? That makes zero sense whatsoever. Moreover, if you say it you need a full season of film on players, why wouldn't you want the exact same for coaches?

nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000401029/article/scouting-the-scouts-games-nfl-teams-will-attend-this-weekend

stop posting

this guy is a dumbass. NFL scouts don't get paid 6 figures for 4 months of work.

Just to be clear (, here). I meant he's the dumbass, not you. I quoted the wrong post.

That sounds completely made up. If anything they were there too meet them not actually scout their abilities. I know what I'm fucking talking about. More likely they were there for Harbaugh or Dantonio or someone on the coaching staff. All 4 of those teams are likely looking for a coach in the near future.

HIndsight. It's easier to watch gameplan adjustments live then it is on film. Scouts put themselves in the heads of coaches to see if the changes they made are in sync with what the organization wants to see in game. You can't do that with film because you have time to think about it. You dont have any time in game.

>2014

The NFL has changed. I stated before teams send scouts there to meet the players not evaluate them. The evaluate them in the offseason

It's 4 months of 18 hour days. That's well worth 6 figures.

>nfl scouting has completely changed in 3 years

okay

you absolutely can do that with film. you're saying that scouts are better at coaching than coaches, because if they weren't this strategy wouldn't even work.

>The evaluate them in the offseason
You are 100% incorrect.

Analytics have taken over. This is a fact. I know what the fuck I'm talking about so stop trying to undermine me.

ah that's right, you can't applying analytics to managerial decisions.

>I know what the fuck I'm talking about
Topkek

You clearly don't. Multiple posters in this thread have already proven that.

Scouts are better at evaluating the decisions coaches make and whether it syncs with organizational philosophy or not. You can't do that with film. You need to see how the coaches react to adversity.
I've already addressed this.
No you can't. Not in game. You don't have access to the numbers you need.

No they haven't.

>half of a scouts job is flying all over the country and sitting in the stands at games and going a little further and digging up dirt on players
and people here are arguing that scouts dont evaluate players in person at games? I mean I dont got the time to explain how NCAA scouting works from the NFL side because its got more tentacles than Cthulu bruh but its a really involved YEAR long process.

It's about a 4-5 month process of flying out and meeting players and talking to them, not evaluating them, then a 6 month process of watching film and evaluating player talent. Then about 2-3 weeks of making a draft board before the week of the draft.

Who? Luck is never going to be healthy enough to consistently be the main guy. He is going to have mush from brains in a few more years.

one person is. apparently they only go to games to introduce themselves to players and determine if coaches' in-game decisions are in sync with the organizations' style. Zero player analysis is done until the offseason, apparently. They also aren't watching to identify prospects for future analysis.

he knows what he's talking about, don't try to undermine him. It's impossible to evaluate decision making if you have hindsight.

>I've already addressed this.
no bro. u haven't.

>YEAR long process.
nah bro, it's longer than a year-long process b/c nfl scouts look at sure-bet prospects like rashan gary in person from their freshman year until their draft day to chart their growth. this analytic guy is a fucking idiot because scouts look at whether guys take on double teams if theyre dlinemen or if they don't get thrown to if theyre corners; analytics from college stats cant tell you that.

GREEN BAY BOUND

That would be nasty af
But Ted is a cuck

every. damn. year.

harbaugh isn't leaving ann arbor lmao

Yes I have. Scouts go to meet the players and talk to them. They compile the analytics after they have a complete history of film. You can't see the growth or evaluate the abilities with out a fucking complete history you idiots. It makes zero sense to evaluate a prospect before this. You get nothing out of evaluating a player for one game. Why would they send some one to evaluate a player for one game?

Hypothetically say a team did that. What about the previous 4 games where he played terrible.? Why would they only want to consider the one game he played well in?

why doesn't the body of work logic also apply to coaches?

coaching doesnt matter in college

you just need "boosters" who are willing to buy your team.... or as we have seen Adidas and those loser companies

It does apply. That's why they send scouts to their games. TO EVALUATE THE COACHES DECISION MAKING SKILLS IN GAME!!!!

If he has a good body of work because of this it's taken into account by the scouts because they know how he thinks in game.

you realize the blatant inconsistency in your explanation here, right? players aren't evaluated during the game because its only one game. coaches, however, are evaluated during a game.

it's also completely silly that you don't think analytics can be applied after the fact to decision making and that you don't think hindsight can be tabled to evaluate decisions on merit rather than outcome. completely insane.

253 players drafted X 12 games/year of film X 60 minutes X 4 years of a career= watching over 5.87 YEARS worth of film in 4 months if what you wrote is true. If scouts "worked 16-hour days", then it'd only take them 8.73 years to evaluate every prospect's career. There's NO WAY they can do this, compile stats, gage situations, and rewind plays working only 4 months.

You're a fucking retard, dude.

Coaching evaluation matters from game to game. Coaches need to make the tough decision and adapt to every game. Players do not. That's why each game evaluation matters for pro teams.

Player evaluation does not matter for each game because you can only track growth over years. You need a complete history from Freshman-Junior year at least to determine a strong player evaluation. You do not get that. Thats why scouts only go meet the players.

Where is the inconsistency?

that shit can all be evaluated EASILY after the fact. its much harder to do in person. There's no reason a scouting team wouldn't be looking at all of this in person and again later. Zero reason.

Beyond that, scouts have nothing to do with negotiating contracts with coaches or players. This "4 months" guy clearly has no clue what he's talking about.

You do realize teams have a ton of scouts and 3rd party contracters that help them right? It's not just one guy. It's an entire organization of people.

The claim that NFL scouts only evaluate in the postseason is laughable. They *finalize* their reports in the post season, but college scouting runs from August-June. July and part of August are spent with their team evaluating in training camp.

No it can't. Scouts are playing out all of the game in their head as well along with the coach. They think about what they would do from an organizational standpoint and how it fits into the organizations philosophy by fake coaching the game as well. You get hindsight from watching film. That's a horrible way to evaluate a coach.
Scouts aren't doing the negotiating. Ryan Pace is the Bears GM. He negotiated the deal.

This isnt a hard concept to grasp. I don't understand how you guys aren't getting this.

They finalize their reports after months of watching film. That report references the oilers so it's clearly old. The game has changed.

Dude, the Harbaugh-to-the-Bears rumor was squashed a week ago. It's not happening.

you are claiming that hindsight can't be set aside, and thats indefensibly wrong. that's why nobody can grasp it.

>msn

>you just need "boosters" who are willing to buy your team

You have that in literally the entire SEC yet Alabama is the only program that's any good.

I mean, take your pick of website, bro. It was widely reported that he has no interest in returning to the NFL last week. Google is your friend. He also has a huge buy-out and will be making $12 mil next year. There's no way the Bears or any other NFL team put up that kind of cash.

Not when you are evaluating coaches. Hindsight will always rear it's head when evaluating in the post game. It's human.

that's just false. it's part of management evaluation in every industry, and organizations that are good at it can grade on quality of decision, not quality of outcome.

Hindsight is part of evaluation after something goes wrong. You can't evaluate the present with hindsight because it prevents you from making decisions.

>Scouting coaches
Literally what

I've heard of watching game tape to evaluate coaches, but in-person scouting and scouts "finalizing deals" with a coach would be a first. I just can't see Harbaugh leaving Michigan high-and-dry when he's about to have a HUGE year next year if they can find a quarterback. Michigan loses, what, like 3/24 starters? They should be Top-5 team and National Title contenders. I don't think he'd pass on that opportunity to take over a shitty roster like the Bears have.

again, its universal across basically every industry. you can consider the info available at the time of a decision rather than the outcome. this isn't an alien thing. Literally every VC does this, and there's no reason whatsoever NFL teams can't do it as well. you clearly don't know wtf you're talking about.

Bears are only a couple recievers, a CB, a DE and some O-Line depth away from super bowl contention

I know what the fuck i'm talking about. I know more about football then 99% of this board. The point is that scouts don't consider hindsight when they scout coaches. It's bad evaluation.

why do you keep repeating the same retarded thing rather than respond to the very valid critique being made of your flawed premise? how can hindsight be isolated effectively (and easily) elsewhere?

I already countered the critque of my supposed false premise with facts and what I know about football.

you countered it by repeating something incorrect about hindsight and refuse to explain why the NFL is apparently unlike literally every other industry

It's not incorrect. Hindsight is not useful in an evaluation of a coach. Coaches can not use hindsight in game. Scouts cannot use hindsight to evaluate.

>Iowa's coach is another one.
lmao, people will genuinely fall for this

4/10 got a laugh out of me w/ that ferentz line

jesus christ you sound like a fucking retard