Matt Damon Wishes America’s Gun Laws Were as ‘Sensible’ as Australia’s

>The actor, who returns to the “Bourne” action franchise when “Jason Bourne” hits theaters on July 29, told Stuff that Australia’s gun control laws are “wonderful”
>“It’s wonderful what Australia did because you guys haven’t had a mass shooting since you went, ‘No, we’re going to be sensible about this.’ And nobody’s rights have been infringed, you guys are fine,” Damon said. “I wish we could be sensible like that but I don’t think that’s going to happen in my lifetime.”
>“People get so emotional that even when you make a suggestion about not selling AK-47s to people on terror watch lists, that’s a non-starter. I don’t know what needs to happen.”
thewrap.com/matt-damon-wishes-americas-gun-laws-were-as-sensible-as-australias/

Wow a celebrity told me I should turn in my guns I better listen to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_James_Church_massacre
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's right though. Selling ak 47s to people on terror watch lists is pretty stupid.

If people wishing for things will change it then I with Dutch gun laws were as open as America's.

Matt Damon is a good little tavistock, he gets much shekel.

Australia is doing it right. I can't think of a single major violent crime that has happened since the gun ban.

oh wait

It's utter bullshit that there's been no mass shootings here. Who the fuck keeps telling Americans this.

Except it's an arbitrary list and every US citizen has a right to due process.

Yes they should. Being able to buy full automatics is just retarded. I understand rifles and pistols and such but you are asking for trouble when someone comes to your store and buys 8 mags an Ak and Kevlar vests and you give them it over the counter.

hes right you know really makes you think

Another actor whose films glamorise gun violence trying to tell people guns are bad?

>someone who plays dress-up for a living is functionally retarded

Does this man live in a gated community with his own private armed guards?

Only if they're not white or mentally unstable

WOW. Because that happens every week right ?

And I wish the US was as safe, stabile and mono-ethnic as European countries were. Matt Damon is a gun-grabbing 1/18th Finnish pseudokike. Disregard him.

Shh, if he wants to stay popular in Hollywood, he has to go with what's on the agenda.

Our liberals and leftists, who know the average leftard is unaware on what goes on in our own country let alone another.

Doesn't happen very often in the USA either. We don't have a gun problem.

If I run you over with my car, do you we take all the cars away?
No. It's the driver, not the car, that's at fault.

You can't really determine if someone is mentally stable just by looking at them. Dylan wasn't mentally stable yet he got access to machine pistol and shotgun

Australia has more guns now than it did in 1996 before the mandatory buy-back.

Most of the 'banned' guns are already illegal in the US without a Class 3 license - which is incredibly difficult to get.

The CURRENT US gun laws, in practice, are virtually identical to the Australian laws for the average gun buyer.

Says the faggot with armed body guards.

>Who the fuck keeps telling Americans this.

Retarded Americans and Australians, for the most part.

Matt (((DAMONNNNNNN)))

>implying
He's just a massive fucking faggot. There's plenty of pro-gun actors.

youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA

The US Government bought up a ton of them on the cheap during the USSR-collapse chaos. Sells them at a huge markup but makes it look as though Russia is the bad guy doing all the selling.

>doesn't happen very often
Are you being sarcastic or naive?

>if 20 men break into your home and are raping your children you're not allowed to use your gun even if you had time to open both safes, this is all assuming you are one of the very few who actually have a rifle because you went through the arduous process of acquiring one and paying the fees and had a legitimate reason for owning one which is basically that you're a frequent sport shooter or need it for animal control on you rural property
Also, why is it that people take these anti-gun actors seriously when they constantly use guns for "good" purposes in their movies?

Actually, scratch that, why the fuck do people turn to actors for their political insight? When did this become a thing?

no i think hes a genuine fag. He doesn't just signal, he goes above and beyond the required shilling.

Lol "class 3 license." Confirmed for not having a damn clue what you're talking about.

I hope someone lights him on fire after shoving rat poison down his degenerate faggot throat.

Gun license with the permission of a psychiatrist

Mass shootings will still happen, but they're outliers. Waah wahh a statistically insignificant number of people died. Who the fuck cares.

Will Matt Damon back up his words?

Will he only hire unarmed body guards?
Will he move out of a secure gated community and move to those inner cities or a areas where gun ownership is restricted?

>Wow a celebrity told me I should turn in my guns I better listen to them.
I strongly get the feeling nobody can tell you anything, just a hunch. Why discuss anything?
Oh you're trolling, carry on.

There's a few
Tom Selleck
Kurt Russell
Ice T
I think Bruce Willis and Vince Vaughn.
Off the top of my head.

Do they actually give a great background check on people ? In know the gun buying scene in bowling for columnine was total bullshit because its Michael moore

Of course not. He's better than you and only security officials should have weapons.

It happens every other week in France and they have gun control.

I'm looking for my smuggie with the Hollywood actor screaming about guns from behind his 40 foot high walled estate surrounded by armed guards but I can't find it.

>It’s wonderful what Australia did because you guys haven’t had a mass shooting since you went,

>2014 Sydney hostage crisis
Did this never happened or something?

It's true, it really doesn't happen very often at all when you consider our population.

I really couldn't care any less if some school gets shot up by some bullied kid on the other side of the country every other month. What matters to me is my country's integrity, and my capability to procure my own weapons and my ability to use them in my own defense.

Yeah right, who the fuck cares? Why should literally anybody care that some people get shot up every once in a while? Who knows those people? Why do they matter? Why should my rights be compromised for some asshat in Australia with its skyrocketing violent crime who thinks he knows what's best for me?

You have this wonderful resource for information called the internet and you still believe the difference between a murdering gun and a safe gun is whether you have to repeatedly pull the trigger to shoot or not

You don't even need bodyguards. Do you know that any maniac can acquire a bodyguard easily? Do you know how dangerous humans are? They kill millions of people every year!

>and nobody's rights have been infringed

Because we didn't have the right guaranteed or even written.
Technically Australians don't have the right to free speech under the Consitution.

1 person dead shy of being a mass shooting.

We are talking about america.not the frogs and that's aminly due to the sandniggers. No. A safe gun is an air rifle. Not a fucking famas or some a shit that can be obtained with little hassle

Non-productive millionaire has an opinion and thinks it's relevant to the rest of society.

>No. A safe gun is an air rifle. Not a fucking famas or some a shit that can be obtained with little hassle

hehe

We haven't had mass shootings since Port Arthur. We have had mass killings, but no mass shootings depending on your defintion of mass of course:

But our gun violence hasn't really declined any faster than it was in the 1980's neither has our homocide or suicide rate.

>Why should my rights

Your right to what? Safety? How do you enforce this right, without trampling the property rights of others?

Protip: If you want to be safe, go live in a white community. You're more likely to be killed by a car crash than by a gun.

>No. A safe gun is an air rifle
What

But the 2nd amendment was written to protect against a tyrannical government.

The people should have access to all weapons the government have to form a 'well regulated militia'

Gun violence has declined, but overall violence hasn't. It's been trending down for decades, and this pattern has been replicated across the OECD regardless of new laws and regulations pertaining to guns.

Fuck off cuck damon our rights have been severely infirnged you fucking joke of a human being.

He's only 1/18th Finnish? Damn, I used to almost like him because I thought he was Finnish-American like me.

Whays funny about a psycho being able to get his hands on a fucking AK with a few sheets of paper.? Or is this one of them " haha brit s can't get guns that's why they havnt had a mass shooting in ten years" jokes ?

My right to own and obtain any guns that I want with ease and the ability to use them in defense of myself, my property, and my family.

THOSE rights. The kind that would be infringed if I was in any way barred from obtaining them. The rights I am guaranteed under the US constitution, which outlines the supreme laws of the land.

You know, those rights that shouldn't ever be taken away, according to the founding fathers, the people who fought the Revolutionary War and created this country and its government.

It was written when you had reload after every shot.

I find it funny that more people died from the police bullets than the actual shooters

You can't go on a shooting spree with an air rifle.

What's funny is that you're a retarded brit who doesn't know anything about guns but proceeds to claim that he has any idea what he's talking about or how to run my country which is vastly different from his own, which has almost never in its history really had any real problems with violent crime.

[spoiler]I know this is bait[/spoiler]

Matt is a tard face that sucked a jews dick on the casting couch.

Who gives a fuck what he thinks.

So is selling them to a fucking "moderate rebels"

>mainly due to the sandniggers

Wow it's almost like in a racially and culturally homogenous nation violence isn't really an issue.

Who would've thought. Doesn't really change the fact the god damn gun control/laws didn't fucking matter in those cases but apparently when muzzies do it they magically aren't breaking gun control laws wow thanks bongistan you've opened meyes pass the tea pls MMMMM tastes funny and looks white but I'll drink it if it means I'm as intelligent as you!

Matt Damon used to be cute and not retarded :(

Gun violence has declined, but not any faster than it was already declining in the 1980's
Port Arthur was a sham to quickly grab Australian guns before the government couldn't blame gun violence as the reason because there would be almost none by now.

Just like you're saying

im taking your guns faggot and there is NOTHING you can do to stop me

No, there were repeater rifles at the time of the constitution's writing that didn't need to be reloaded after every shot. Many founding fathers were big fans. They were also big fans of people owning their own ships, cannons, and other assorted artillery.

The point of the second amendment wasn't to guarantee that everybody had a fucking musket you retard, it was to ensure that everyone had free access to modern weaponry. That was the whole fucking POINT

Our gun violence rate has decreased

Our homicide rate has not (at least, it has not been impacted by the gun ban)

What part of the second amendment talks about acquiring guns "with ease"?

You sure are buttmad

No, that's a calculated risk.

And?
Do the government still reload after every shot and use canons, muskets, Calvary swords, wear red coats and walk in ranks?

>doesn't know anything about guns.
Meet someone on the internet for five minutes and they already know them personally
>americunt logic.
It's not bait. But im not going to reply to you after that shit comment you retard.

Friendly reminder that in 1993, four kaffers ILLEGALLY armed with R4 assault rifles and M26 hand grenades attacked a church in Cape Town with the aim of massacring everyone in sight and burning down the church.

But fortunately, a guy called Charl van Wyk, armed only with a six round .38 special revolver, wounded one and forced the armed group to flee the scene.

11 people were killed in the incident, but a Bataclan body count was avoided by a single law abiding citizen carrying a revolver.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_James_Church_massacre

I wonder if matt gaymon would be 'sensible' about it if we proposed to end armed bodyguard services that cunts like him enjoy.

He also forgot that, even as a non-conspiratard, Port Arthur is one of the most obvious false flags in modern history.

You can. Rapid-fire air rifles exist, and CO2 air rifles are relatively quick to reload.

Of course shit isn't going to compare to an actual machine gun, but don't think an air rifle won't fuck people up.

Gun violence has decreased to the level it was going to be before the gun ban.

It was already trending down consistently during the 1980's and early 90's. It hasn't decreased any faster since the ban

There comes a point where that doesn't become reasonable

I guarantee some of the strongest American constitutionalists would start questioning their rights if all of their local mosques started stockpiling howitzers

You're not taking my guns and there is NOTHING you can do about it

The part that says literally everybody is guaranteed the right to bear arms. Are you going to argue a different interpretation of the second amendment despite its original intention being incredibly clear and contrary to your political goals and beliefs? Do you really want to do that?

Good, I don't want you to ever reply to me ever again because you have put on a pitiful display here today.

...Except he has a gun to stop you.

Kek.

I agree with your sentiment but I feel violated by your choice of """"meme""""

>not sure if joking or retarded

>what part talks about acquiring guns "with ease"

The well regulated part you nigger

Your dick got stomped and you cuck out. Fail.

thats why you don't let people into the country unless they're white persons of good character

like the constitution used to say

>it wasn't

The Constitution only applied to white men before we locked ourselves into the cuckshed.

Why are you Americans so obsessed with violence and killing?

Your crime is disgraceful, and the gun worship is cringe worthy.

You're a violent, pathetic society.

>questioning...if all of their local mosques started stockpiling howitzers

No they wouldn't. Because the people would simply crush any minority up rising. Trying to form an armed uprising against the American people as a small minority would be an act of suicide

we're all on terror watch lists.

nah cunts
im gonna get em
t.hillary shilldog

You see the great things about our gun laws is that the average joe cant just walk in and buy a gun. Only farmers hunters bikies and serious drug dealers have guns really and they usually keep to their own shit so its fine. I find it hilarious that such stupid cunts like Americans allow anyone to go buy a gun, it isn't the wild west anymore you faggots you don't need to protect against bandits robbing your cart or wolves fucking up your livestock. Grow the fuck up. Stupidest fucking place on earth lol.

Except for that guy in Germany like a week ago

>virtue-signalling from a guy that stars in movies that glorifies gun violence.

You know how many people probably bought guns and got their CCW permits after watching his Jason Bourne movies?

This dipshit has contributed to gun culture.

Just as long as I can have those same howitzers I don't have a problem.

kill yourself you leftie faggot

Except that's not what well regulated means you retard

>mfw liberals who detested the incredibly error-ridden terrorist watch list when Bush was in office are now pushing for it to be used to take aaay constitutional rights

>I'm gonna take your guns
>No your not
>W-Why are you so mean?

Absolutely nice

>A well balanced breakfast being necessary for the start of a good day, the right of the people to buy and own food shall not be infringed.
Why can't you native speakers even fucking understand English? Who has the right? The people or the breakfast?

Actually, the biggest terrorist threat in the US today are extremist anti-government groups. Look at the FBI statistics.

It's irrelevant. They legally can't do jack shit to those people until they started firing their guns and by the time anything happened to them they could massacre thousands in the middle of every city.

Wow, great plan. Are you going to shoot back at them, end up killing some innocent and going to jail?