CFP BULLSHIT

How do we fix the current college football playoff system and stop everyone's whining?
My shit ideas:
1. Just pick 8 teams and play for one extra week, that's gotta make things at least twice a good/not shit right?
2. Or maybe a straight playoff between the six major conference champions, with the top two getting bye-weeks?
3. Go back to BCS bowl games?
>that's probably my worst idea
5. What about just not having a champion and let everyone argue?
6. Like the last one, no playoff; let the President decide what the "championship" game will like Nixon did in '69.
>my favorite
Thoughts and Shitposts?

Pick the best 64 teams and make a playoff 3x bigger than soccer world cup knockouts

ELO rating

Just a bump up to 6/8 teams and it's literally perfect

Whatever it is, it needs to not favor certain programs. I guarantee you that a one loss 'Bama will make the playoff over an undefeated Wisconsin, and a two loss conference champion OSU will make it this year even though PSU didn't make it with the exact same credentials last year.

>Just pick 8 teams and play for one extra week, that's gotta make things at least twice a good/not shit right?
We don't need 8 fucking teams. 8 teams will devalue the regular season. 4 is perfect. It should be extremely rare that teams think "we can lose this week and it doesn't matter because we are in the playoff regardless". And thats how it is now. Every game should matter, and right now it does.
>Or maybe a straight playoff between the six major conference champions, with the top two getting bye-weeks?
>six major conference
Now out of conference games don't even matter and teams will just rest their starters.

It should just be top 6 teams not exclusively conference champions

Still too much.
If you want to be in the playoff, then win your conference and don't lose more than 1 game. If you don't do both of those, then I don't have sympathy for you not getting in.
The only team that did both of those things and got left out is Baylor, and 1 team in 4 years doesn't justify an expansion.

I like my last idea.
Question is what game next week would Trump pick?

bcs makes no sense because 3 and 4 could be better than 1 and 2.

So you think Alabama deserves to be left out because they lost one game against a quality opponent and now can't play for the conference championship but Clemson deserves to get in even though they lost to syracuse? 6 teams just makes the most sense and leaves less up to the retarded playoff committee

Neither does a playoff. Eventually we're going to have a situation where two loss SEC #2 beats undefeated SEC #1 that just btfo SEC #2 a few weeks earlier.

That's a retarded fantasy scenario because there will never be a 2 loss non-champion in the playoff

>So you think Alabama deserves to be left out because they lost one game against a quality opponent and now can't play for the conference championship
I think Alabama deserves to be left out because they lost their only game against a quality opponent and now can't play for the conference championship

who the fuck have they beaten? 18th ranked LSU and 16 miss state, who will drop out of the rankings altogether after losing to ole piss

>but Clemson deserves to get in even though they lost to syracuse?
Clemson at least beat auburn you fuckhead

Get rid of the season and make it just one giant tournament between all the fbs teams over the course of several months

8 fucking teams out of 128 will not "devalue" anything. Jesus Christ. This is already by far the most selective playoff of any sport that I know of. There have been teams locked into the playoff with a week to go even with the 4-team system in place, so things will not change that much. Plus you absolutely cannot argue that there are only 4 teams this year that deserve to compete for a ship. You simply can't do it.
Plus you forgot to mention that non-conference-winners have gotten into the CFP, thus snubbing other deserving teams. With an 8-team playoff everyone you could reasonably argue should be in the playoff will be in.

>there will never be a 2 loss non-champion in the playoff
It's come damn close to happening already and it's going to happen eventually.

Split up P5 and G5 into separate playoffs. Here are the rules.
1. Two representatives from each conference.
2. Conference rankings are determined by overall record, not conference record
3. No more divisions within conferences
4. Everyone has to play a similar schedule: no FCS teams, no more than one (quality) G5

>So you think Alabama deserves to be left out because they lost one game against a quality opponent and now can't play for the conference championship

Alabama could get a pass this year if their schedule wasn't dog shit. It is completely unacceptable that they scheduled Mercer in November. It gave them a massive advantage over Auburn, and they still lost convincingly.

Alabama should not even sniff the playoffs this year.

The one thing the NCAA needs to fix in regards to the playoffs is they need very specific criteria on how to get in. UCF is going to get completely screwed. UCF unironically had a tougher schedule than Alabama did. If Alabama went undefeated, and beat a ranked team (twice) plus a win vs a 9-1 team (USF) it would be a no brainer to put them in the playoffs. UCF is getting screwed.

No more than one quality G5 for the P5 schools, I mean.

>8 team playoff: Power 5 champs, 2 at-large, 1 highest ranked group of 5

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Wisconsin
4. Auburn
5. USC
6. Alabama
7. Miami
8. UCF

ok enough bullshit

lets WOKE UP and state nothing but FACTS

64 team knockout tournament.
yes.
January Madness.
>b-but muh injuries
idgag, nobody gaf, blood for the blood god. more money.

Winners of the best four conferences. It's fine the way it is.

This looks pretty damn good. I would watch this.

>Clemson vs UCF
>Oklahoma vs Miami
>Wisconsin vs Alabama
>Auburn vs USC

tell me how these games wont all be GOTY from this season alone

Devote the last 7 weeks to a 128 team bracket. For the first 5 weeks you can uhhh do whatever the fuck you want.

Ikr, only 4 teams deserve a shot at the championship? What is that? There's like 6-7 teams Right Now that could all beat each other on any given day.

I know, right? Jesus, over a third of NFL teams make the playoffs and there are people who unironically believe 6.25% of CFB teams making the playoff is too many

8 team playoffs

1. Clemson
2. OU
3. Wisconsin
4. Auburn
5. Georgia
6. Ohio State
7. TCU
8. Miami

also make the season 1 week shorter to make up for the longer playoffs. (so the first round would start next week)

>6. Ohio State
>7. TCU
neither of them deserve to make an 8 team playoff over bama

and i fucking hate the sec

Yeah I like the best if they fix the fucking conference system

>no G5

As much as it hurts, please try again.

>Oklahoma vs. Miami
Oh God the memes
Mayfield would try to strangle someone with the turnover chain
I hope that happens this year

>saying this with absolute certainty
OSU could just as easily beat Wisconsin in a week.

TCU is less likely to beat OU, but then again that would result in a Big 12 self-ownf, so here's hoping.

Honestly that would be a great matchup outside the story lines. Miami strength vs OU strength

Switch out USC for the Dawgs and I can dig it.

Those teams already play each other next week. You changed nothing.

USC vs. Stanford is already set for the Pac-12 championship. Washington is out, they're a meme team with a meme schedule

>People actually wouldn't want this
Kill yourselves if that's the case

Why the fuck should the loser of the ACC championship get in. Why does the loser of the Iron Bowl have to get in.
We already had these fucking games, we don't need rematches.

Alabama already had their playoff game and lost. We don't need to add two more teams.
If you want to get in the playoff than win your conference and don't lose more than 1 game.
And yes, Alabama does deserve to be left out. Their schedule isn't that good and they didn't win their conference. If they wanted to be a lock than should have won the SEC

8 Teams
P5 Champions, Highest ranked G5 champion, 2 at large

>Week 1
G5 champ plays @ lowest rank P5 champ
At Larges play each other @ neutral site

>Week 2
Lowest ranked winner plays @ #3
Highest ranked winner plays @ #4

>Week 3
Lowest ranked winner plays @ #1
Highest ranked winner plays @ #2

>Week 4
The Natty at a neutral site

P5 champs all get a home game, eliminates needless travel, eliminates any controversy of an undeserving champ as the G5 team would have to beat 3 P5 teams at home to have a chance to with the Natty.

All you do is repeat the shit you hear on TV. Fucking retard.

oh shit I forgot a ND clause, ND gets a home game if they're higher ranked than any P5 champ.

the single At Large team now plays @ #5 team, and the #4 team now plays G5 champ.

Final Four: National Championship Game + Rose /Sugar Bowls

Elite Eight: Orange/Fiesta/Cotton/Citrus/Alamo/New Orleans/Las Vegas/Holiday Bowls

Sweet 16 + Rounds 1/2: home games for higher rank

>Western Conference
1. Oklahoma
2. USC
3. TCU
4. Washington
5. Washington State
6. Oklahoma State
7. Stanford
8. Boise State
9. Arizona State
10. Fresno State
11. Arizona
12. San Diego State
13. Oregon
14. UCLA
15. Colorado State
16. Wyoming

>Eastern Conference
1. Miami
2. Clemson
3. UCF
4. Penn State
5. South Florida
6. Virginia Tech
7. North Carolina State
8. Florida Atlantic
9. West Virginia
10. Boston College
11. Wake Forest
12. Buffalo
13. Navy
14. Temple
15. Marshall
16. Duke

>Southern Conference
1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. Georgia
4. Memphis
5. Mississippi State
6. LSU
7. South Carolina
8. Texas A&M
9. Missouri
10. Houston
11. SMU
12. North Texas
13. Texas
14. Texas Tech
15. Southern Miss
16. UAB

>Central Conference
1. Wisconsin
2. Ohio State
3. Notre Dame
4. Michigan State
5. Northwestern
6. Michigan
7. Louisville
8. Kentucky
9. Iowa
10. Iowa State
11. Kansas State
12. Central Michigan
13. Northern Illinois
14. Ohio
15. Western Michigan
16. Purdue

I see what you did there...

i want a champions league esque league where the the top 10 or so play in a league removed from sec acc etc so every week itd would be ohio state bama or clemson oklahoma for all year and if you did 10 you could still do the rivalry week as well. top 4 of that champions league play in a playofff to decide the best team in college football. that league would bring in so much fucking money and these bad ass teams would finallyy have to play real teams every week. the toughest thing would be promotion relegation probably like top 4 are safe and the bottom 6 play in a bowl with the next best 6 teams to decide who gets to play in the league next year. and the losers just back to thier original conference. i genuinely think htis could work if there were people smart enough to do it or its just my autism.

>six major conference champions
You root for an AAC team don't you

>Every game should matter, and right now it does
>clomson vs syracuse

everyone in the SEC schedules cupcakes in week 12, not just alabama

>Every game should matter, and right now it does.
Because those FCS vs. Literal who FBS teams are so riveting and so important for everyone, we need Alabama to play DeVry Online Dental School

We've had 6 semis so far
5 have had 17+ point margins
4 have had 20+ point margins
That's not a basis for needing an expansion of the playoff

I honestly just hate committees and polls. I just want it expanded because it's easier to make the playoff spots something you objectively play for like the NFL, not something somebody decides based on a beauty contest

>Every game should matter, and right now it does.

Unless you're Roll Tears, then it doesnt matter cause people expect you in the conversation.

Only non retarded answer

TCU got screwed in 2014 because they wanted the sexy rating Ohio State in. The committee will absolutely find any reason to put Alabama in.

Yea except osu easily won the title that year.

Are you saying you wouldn't think a 4 loss Notre Dame team deserves to be in the championship? It's Notre Dame! They have history!

>i want a champions league esque league where the the top 10 or so play in a league removed from sec acc etc so every week itd would be ohio state bama or clemson oklahoma for all year and if you did 10 you could still do the rivalry week as well

with english soccer the top level split from the rest of organized football so they could make more money from tv

if they made a top 12 or 14 team conference with no geographical boundaries separate from the other ncaa ones with promotion and relegation to it, would make things better

vanderbilt doesn't deserve sec tv money

Remove non conference match ups. Winner of each conference gets a playoff spot. Add a wild card spot

Oh god, the memes from this

Haha based /ourguy/ right

Hell anyone in top 9 (PSU not Notre Dame) can beat anyone at a given game. It should be 6 playoff teams, top 2 with a bye week

>Choosing an unranked team for the hell of it because they didn’t kneel during a game/kissed Trump’s ass

I like this, except switch Miami out for Washington or Ohio State because they arent going to be alive after the ACC champ game

This nigga gets it.

That would ruin the regular season

This is the system I've been arguing for since they came out with the 4 team playoff.

No

8 teams. 5 conference champs get in guaranteed. Committee picks next 3.
Nobody can complain about getting left out. Win your conference or stfu.

2-loss LSU won the natty in 2007
And then already happened with the Alabama/LSU rematch a few years later.

And that was in the BCS days.

Not a question of if, but when.

The current system works for all but 1-2 teams every year, adding 2-4 to that would make it worse. The beauty of next week is that it solves all of the problems for all but 2 teams.
>6 major conferences
Lol, there are 4 major conferences and OU in the Big 12.

If you actually want to solve listen to this.
Four 16 team conferences.
Four independents
Selection committee selects the 2 best teams in each conference to play in the Conference Championship Game. If a conference doesn't have a top 15 team then it can be replaced by the highest ranked independent.
You basically treat the CCG as the first round, it doesn't add any new games, no bye week bs, it keeps rankings important.

This would discourage decent OOC scheduling

TCU literally lost to Baylor. They were never going to get in. The debate was between Baylor and Ohio State.

Who would you put in? 3 Loss Washington? 3 Loss Ohio State? 3 Loss TCU? All of whom either didn't get into their CC or lost it (in this hypothetical)?

If you want to get in as the 8th ranked team then you will need a good SOS.

Their reasoning was clearly stated as conference champion vs. non champion.

>UCF over Ohio State or Georgia

To elaborate on this, here are the 4 championship games if this was in place this year;

Oklahoma vs USC
Auburn vs Georgia
Ohio State vs Wisconsin
Miami vs Clemson

All but one of these teams have a legit argument at the end of this week. Bama being replaced by SC is the only weak side of this argument, even then you can say the spot is between UGA and Bama for 2nd best team in the SEC.