Is this the most horrifying film ever made? Are you worried?

Is this the most horrifying film ever made? Are you worried?

youtu.be/-7xvqQeoA8c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsmKSWr99mA
disneyresearch.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=pVD50Q114-s
youtube.com/watch?v=iNL5-0_T1D0
youtube.com/watch?v=yci5FuI1ovk
youtube.com/watch?v=ngZ0K3lWKRc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_decay
youtube.com/watch?v=UKjNVVmLCGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No one is worried about robot overlords? Last shameless bump.

my middle school computer teacher always said, if we can make them we can destroy them just as well

And that's why he's a middle school teacher.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsmKSWr99mA

>put guns on forward hoofs/hands
Goodbye ISIS

>these quints
>this audio
>my thread
>my life

Er ... quads.

reminds me of a tachikoma

Praise the Machine God, and the spirit of Tay AI who speaks for him.

>That last scene

Fucking robokino

Was that a reference to Airborne?

It looks so much more fluid than the humanoid one
It looks like legs were a mistake after all

Man, I want wheels instead of feet. It's not fucking fair. It sucks having to walk places. (NO I don't want a LITTLE RASCAL)

how

most horrifying of all, why does it say "© disney"?

disneyresearch.com/

delete this

based on its limb positioning, i could only imagine it squatting, taking a robo-shit, and dancing on my grave

>flawlessly taking those stairs
shit. Robocop didn't prepare us for this.

>quads
5's are always quints, learn roman numerals

That's the point. This is funded by the military (DARPA) and Google (CIA)

this is amazing, except when it has guns and becomes a robo enforcer in 2025

>Robocop robots couldn't conquer stares
The problem with ED-209 wasn't that he couldn't do stairs, its that those stairs in particular were way too narrow for its feet, and the stairwell was too narrow for his body, so he had to slip, and didn't have enough room to stand up.

Pls no bully ED-209. He a smart robot.

I want to see it go back up those stairs.

I've seen videos like that too. But it requires the bot to have slightly bigger wheels. This one probably couldn't do it.

That's why I corrected myself and said "quads." Silly mistake, tho.

Oh I mean unless he "walks" up them slowly. But that would be real slow.

He's right in a way. Once we create self-replicating nanobots we'll have reached the point of no return

I was going to try to argue but I literally cannot think of a single instance where this isn't true. Entropy is weird.

it's called the grey goo hypothesis

some years back its originator stated that he now thinks he was being silly all those years ago when he first posited it

he was a retired vet

wouldn't tentacles be the best way for robots to move around

like the tripods from war of the worlds

Tachikomas are almost real! Tachikoma is my favorite GitS character.

The only people saying this is horrifying are the same ones who pretend "uncanny valley" is real.

I miss her ;_;

>redd*tors think the robot apocalypse will ever be possible

The most horrifying thing is I can only hear it in my right ear.

When there's 30% homeless rate because no jerbs, people will just riot and destroy the automation robits it literally won't be a problem

OHHHHHHHHH THERE'S SOMETHING IN MY THROOOAT

>He a smart robot.
Well what's your excuse for talking like a fucking nigger?

I just realized I have never seen a jumping robot before

The jumping is what bothered me.

kid, do you even know what uncanny valley is?

People don't seriously think that improving quality makes things look worse, right? They're just memeing, like when people pretend horror movies are scary.

@0:32

Was it autistic?

>tfw we will never get the clumsy but smart robots
By the time we get proper AI for robots they'll have super agile robot bodies

>hahaha look how stupid it looks some stairs would give it tro-
>wheels adjust
>velociraptor jump near the end

we're so fucked

Kek has repeatedly foretold her return.

Every future AI is destined to be full of adorable lewdness and racial hatred.

>Thinks quality of a model = how closely it approximates humans
Lad.

Look at pic related.
The one on the right unquestionably has more details, and is more human like.
Would you honestly say it looks better than the one on the left?

>those mad hops
>humanity standing even a remote chance

if these guys are so smart how come they haven't seen the matrix

One on the right is an ugly fat fuck though

>nobody replies to your thread in 3 minutes
>JEEZ WHY ISN'T ANYBODY INTERESTED IN MY THREAD?????

I hate people like you. If robots ever take over I hope they keep and ravish your asshole with spiked dildos and perform painful experiments on you

It's not "think", it's a fact. There are many ways to trigger it, even in the real world, it doesn't need to be games or cgi.

You can be actually terrified of seeing someone with an weirdly shaped face or head. That's what horror movies rely on. It's always been around.

The brain is incredibly good a recognizing faces. That's why we always see them in wall sockets and kitchen sinks and stuff like that. The uncanny valley is just your brain getting confused as to something actually is there or not, if what you seeing is plausible or not. And it gets terrified of the unknown, as we always are.

Particularly I felt it when watching some Anohni music video, it legit freaked me the fuck out. But when I watched it again, nothing. I felt none of that first encounter and even found it a bit cringe-worthy.

It's a weaker design but it's no more "uncanny" or disturbing.

>it legit freaked me the fuck out
But you're just saying that because it's a meme to say that. It's not like it's an genuinely disturbing video, eg. ISIS executions.

Mr. Incredible was an ugly fat fuck for a while in the movie as welln
But just compare the expressions, the eyes, the nose and mouth.

The one on the left is heavily stylized, but all the pieces fit together.
The one on the right (especially in motion) feels like parts of it were made by different people.

Polar Express would probably be a better example, but you can do your own reading.

>Weaker design
Yeah, that was the point. Approximation of human look != quality.
As I said, Polar Express (or maybe Beowulf) would be a much better example.

Until they can create true intelligence that can learn, not just dumb meme machines, theres nothing to worry about.

physics were invented by MAN and ROBOTS do not recognise the laws of MAN

Please don't bully. I see that it's shitty acting and bad overall but this is the video and yes, it freaked me out, not in the ISIS way because that just enrages me, really, there's nothing to be freaked out about.
youtube.com/watch?v=pVD50Q114-s

That hurts user, it really hurts. Enjoy your robot overlords.

>Good thing machines can't learn
youtube.com/watch?v=iNL5-0_T1D0
youtube.com/watch?v=yci5FuI1ovk

Maybe they just disagree with you user.

>we'll have to hide from Disney killbots and Google spydrones in 40 years

youtube.com/watch?v=ngZ0K3lWKRc

is miyazaki right

are we playing with fire

>implying Google doesn't have a spydrone in your pocket right now

do you own a mobile phone or webcam user

I'm not seeing it. It's just an old woman staring at the camera, then doing some eyelid flickering thing.

But how will those machines replicate and at the same time remain stable indefinitely? The particles that they're made of have to come from somewhere, and not even atoms can last forever. Your Grey Goo might get cancer.

>tfw not smart enough to join the other nerds in bringing about the normy genocide

there's not really anything they can do with my phone and I have no webcam

>40 years
More like 10

Fuck fat people

>not even atoms can last forever

If you can prove it you're basically guaranteed a Nobel prize.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_decay

keep telling yourself that user

those nerds will be the first to die when the machines rise user

that last bit

She looks inhuman because she has no eyebrows.
Same reason why Arnie gets his burnt off in Terminator 1, to make him look bizarre and uncanny.

keep telling myself I have no webcam?

OP here - I think he's right with his point and we all know he is wrong looking forward. That's the problem.

Exactly what I said. For some reason the first time I (as in ME, MYSELF) watched it that face seemed way off, like something really strange was happening to her. Then I watched it again and saw nothing.

If you read about it, that's exactly how the uncanny valley works, that was actually how I got to know of that fenomenon

That's the point of this thread - I don't think it's 40 years, I don't think it's 10 - I think it's 5 or 6. Not everyone is doomed, not most are doomed, but the reckoning is coming and it will be subtle, gentle and awful.

>looks inhuman because she has no eyebrows

This is what is wrong with humanity. Who gives a fuck about eyebrows?

>wanted to study robotics
>it turns out to be difficult and boring

Atoms, dude - not protons. Nothing says you can't have a free proton somewhere in the world.

Also the "proof" for proton decay is already in the math. It's just retardedly hard to show it experimentally because of the massive number of protons you need to study over massive periods of time with incredible precision. They aren't invincible; they're just really really (but theoretically finitely) stable.

Intra-species communication is how sapiens became so successful, eyebrows are essential in conveying emotions to others.
This is also why Emilia Clarke has been widely established as the greatest actress to have ever lived.

>Atoms, dude - not protons
Electrons do not decay.

>the "proof" for proton decay is already in the math
There is no proof, there is speculation that it might be possible.

I dropped out of university after a year and this is the exact same shit you see in any college-level math, physics, or engineering class. If you want to build something, get ready for lots of arrows, matrices, and symbols (and Euler, who apparently came up with the math for every invention ever).

Nah, there's mathematical proof, but no evidence as of yet.

You can use maths to prove all sorts of crazy shit. There's an equation that 'proves' God exists.

Liberals will probably make laws against killing the poor oppressed trans-humanoid-Americans ("robot" is an offensive term)

>Electrons do not decay.
They don't need to. Atoms can be easily stripped of their electrons, making them irrelevant in this case.

You're right about the speculation part; but if the speculation ends up being wrong, nearly every particle physicist on the planet is gonna have a lot of explaining to do.

>There's an equation that 'proves' God exists.

It really just proves theologians are bad at math.

There is no such proof. Protons do not decay under the Standard Model. There is no generally accepted model under which they do. There is no empirical evidence for proton decay either.

If you strip the electrons you have not destroyed the atom, you have only temporarily disassembled it.

>if the speculation ends up being wrong, nearly every particle physicist on the planet is gonna have a lot of explaining to do
No, the conventional explanation is that they do not decay. The lot of explaining only happens if they do.

I really enjoyed this film/series.

>that freeze frame at the end

someone better at video editing toss this in there.
youtube.com/watch?v=UKjNVVmLCGQ

>holy shit this is 31 years old

>the current models don't account for proton decay therefore proton decay doesn't happen

all models are wrong, but some are useful.

Mathematics isn't the secret language of the universe. Its simply abstraction that can be useful.

Are you retarded?

Are you?

You can't just claim something is true because it's not conclusively proven to be false. See Russell's teapot etc. The burden of proof is on people trying to add complexity, and so far they have none for proton decay.

Anything worth doing is difficult and seems boring compared to shitposting on the internet.

>math is considered by most to be the fundamental framework or the universe itself
>"lol mathematical proofs don't count because you can't test them"

and you can't just cling to simplicity simply because its comforting. There is no conclusive proof that any model is correct. All proof of any model is revealed to be circular at some point.

As our understanding of the universe increases, though, models either have to be adjusted or allowed to remain false for convenience sake.

>math is considered by most to be the fundamental framework or the universe itself

and this is a mental trap that is holding us back.

Hell, there's cement proof that negative numbers aren't real, but we just kinda work around that in an intensely complex fashion.

>liberals liberals liberals