They closed down the IMDB message boards? WHAT THE FUCK? This is crazy. You watch a new movie or finish a series...

They closed down the IMDB message boards? WHAT THE FUCK? This is crazy. You watch a new movie or finish a series, you check the imdb boards.

Is there anything coming up that will possibly replace it? Don't say here

r/movies

Here

wtf they really did. Sad!

all i remember about them is that on the boards for literally every movie one of the most popular threads was always something like "My friend made me watch this movie, it was fucking horrible. How can anyone enjoy this siht"

>he doesnt immediately go to the trivia section

jesus christ you fucking pleb.

>used to check every few years to see if my incredibly autistic posts from 2006 was still up
>always was
>lost forever now

RIP.

>not goofs

>not crazy credits

some of the best trolling i've seen online was imdb boards in the mid 2000s

>the main character's car is a 1936 ford but the film is set in 1934

Yeah, real interesting stuff.

r/films

*don't say Reddit*

fify fag

Best million dollar extreme world peace discussion on the web.

Suprisingly honest jew free reviews

Nostalgia for early to mid-2000s internet is an amazing phenomenon that will never be documented. We are alone in our emotions, and our experiences in the wild west days of the internet were so varied that we can hardly assume to have shared all the same websites. Proper discussion or nostalgiatripping is next to impossible.

Alas, IMDB. End of an era. f

I agree and it was a fucking goldmine of unpublished behind the scenes information about the industry and the movies in general. Sure, a lot of the comments were "That movie sucked," but so what? Did they run out of space to keep the text messages? It was a shitty, unforgiveable thing for Amazon to do.

IMDB was actually built by volunteer users. I was one of them. We supplied information about locations, unlisted actors, trivia, quotes, soundtracks, all kinds of things. People who had actually been there in the cast and crew of a lot of those movies contributed. To me, the loss of the IMDB message boards is as big as the loss of 90% of the silents.

>tfw no cozy website to discuss movies anymore

Summarizing all message boards; including Sup Forums:
Random example, Logan.

Shitstomper221: FUCK LOGAN FUCK WOLVERINE IF YOU LIKE THIS YOU'RE FUCKING GAY

AssClown76: Eat a dick fuckwad you suck balls

BrainyOne14: TRUMP fuck shits GO FUCK YOURSELF LIBTARDS

XMENguy: W-what I was just here to see if anyone was pumped to see the movie (ignored)

NigDIKK: We comin' for you BLACKED

XMENguy: Seriously though...I just wanted to talk...

WHITEPOWER99: Get ready to burn niggers

MOVIES_SUCK: Fuck you asshole you fuck go fuck yourself

Obummer118819: LIBERALS and JEWS made Logan #protest

BullshitFuck: DUDE LMFAO CLAWS and R rating

One cesspool down; many more to go....
Hopefully Yahoo is next.

I miss watching an above average new movie and go to the boards and read the "This is the worst movie I've ever seen" threads.

Sounds like somebody got triggered.

Nope, just happy about flushing the garbage away
Ahhhh...no more shitposting

I think the 4plebs archive is great, but most OPs don't enter the subject, and they just post a pic and ask a question about it, meaning most threads can't be searched for

>watch some obscure movie on tv
>go to imdb to check out the board for said movie to see what people thought of it, because no where else on the internet you'll find discussion on it
>can't anymore

Sigh

This is what sucks the most. No matter how obscure, there would always be someone to answer your questions, or just talk about the movie. It could take weeks or months to get a reply, but that was part of the charm.

This

>cameraman visible in window
Wow, riveting stuff

I've never been on these boards. Was I missing out?

No, 90% of the time they were fucking awful

nowhere near a suitable replacement, but /
moviechat.org has a shitload of IMDb posts archived

You guys are missing the point. Do you have any idea what a great opportunity this has created?

Anyone who wants to make some money can now just create a site that emulates the IMDB boards. Get some unintrusive movie related ads and jackpot.

If I wasn't too lazy I'd do it myself.

Like 50% of the threads there had titles like

>Am I the only one who...

That made you click the thread to see what it is about.

Imdb fags are autistic.

Their boards always had the most terrible design anyways. Having to click on each reply to see what someone said. Why would they make it work that way?

Actually someone made a whole new site that preserves the imdb message board comments. Don't remember the name of it.

>Having to click on each reply to see what someone said.
You know you had options to change that right?

cause it's a relic from the 90s.

wasn't the only option thouh, you could choose like four other viewing modes

>movie full with graphic violence
>an animal is harmed oncr in the movie
>everyone on the imdb board saying how that made them turn off the movie

this but worded in the most obnoxious way possible

You just had to click on nest at the top of the thread, its like people who get confused you have to open the reply in a new tab here to see all the comments.

I so rarely went that I didn't bother to post or stick around. Sometimes I would just go to the board when a movie had an ending that was up for interpretation and see what people thought. That's what their boards were good for, especially with more obscure movies.

this too goddamn

Sounds like Sup Forums

That's one of the last threads I read before the boards went tits up, actually. Someone was spazzing out about the dead cat in The Autopsy of Jane Doe, a movie filled with extreme close-ups of a naked woman being cut open.

I thought they were only closing them, so last week when I saw an old movie I went to check what people thought as per usual and I found nothing.

Just gone.

They couldn't have left an archive up for this simple use? It was like a time machine to see how views stacked up for the past few decades and maybe find something to start a conversation elsewhere with it. And now it's just not there.

The majority may never have posted, but I find it hard to believe there wasn't enough demand of people just looking up posts casually.

I saved some threads from IMDB and will post them here for nostalgia

Moviechat.org preserved a bunch of old imdb message board comments.

Come join us over on /r/truefilms/ if you want an intelligent discussion.

I hope Sup Forums is next. Bluray forums.

Don't know but their traffic is going to go down a lot because of this decision, they think this was a good way for them to save money lmao no. Only reason a lot people went to imdb was to see what other people were saying about x movie, actor, etc;, anyone can use Rotten Tomatoes or any other movie site for regular info.

I won't be going to IMDB anymore, fuck them.

Why does this deserve saving? It's just people reccommending good animes, you could get this level of discussion anywhere

>You watch a new movie or finish a series, you check the imdb boards.
No I don't.

Frankly speaking, this move will probably make me find a new site too. I was using it to track things to watch and ratings, but what kept me was that instant gratification of seeing what others thought, or things they noticed and I missed.

Might be that last thing that makes me move to a site better suited to just tracking watch lists.

I tried moviechat.org but I think it's dying out, there was another replacement forum someone linked but I can't remember the address.

I do know moviechat.org did archive a lot of the previous message boards for films, been using it for that.

you can like the page on facebook and follow on twitter!

be a good goy now you dont want to get banned.

one further step to conglomerating the internet and keeping everything contained and controlled

there were too many dissenting posts on there. With Hollywood making worse movies than ever they need the goy and plebs to not realize how bad they are.