ITT: post video game based movies that turned out GOOD

ITT: post video game based movies that turned out GOOD

Probably gonna get a lot of flack for this, but I genuinely thought it was an interesting interpretation and one of the best video game based movies ever made.

This really wasn't a very good movie unless you're super hot for Angelina Jolie, which any rational person is, so yes, it was a great movie.

eh, it holds your attention for two hours and is vaguely true to the source material.

I hated it. I was a fan of the games and this film was nothing like them. Unfortunately it seems like it inspired later parts. TR was the best when Lara was alone, without faggot friends and James Bond tech.

True. It's the best video game-based movie I'm aware of, to be clear. That's kind of a shame, though. I would've thought that producers would put genuine effort into that kind of thing more often.

>yfw you realize that daniel craig and jorah were in this movie

The first half of Silent Hill, before it turned into a lame witch burning sob story.

Both of them.

imo the best game movie

i was surprised to see this in the top of some best videogame movies list recently. Never saw it, but looks silly and cringey af. And i assume they replaced everything, no goombas and pipes or turtle Browser, and put the setting in New York. looks nothing like one I would call a good adaptation.

Mortal Kombat
Resident Evil series
Silent Hill

You start, OP

Goombas, Pipes and Bowser are all there only reimagined. It's a fun movie, so be sure to give it a chance when you have the time.

warcraft
silent hill
resident evil 1

Prince of Persia

That's about it

Tomb Raider the movie is almost 20 years old.

I hated the sequel to this, don't think there was any tombs at all and it was her and some dude running around the city. Haven't seen it in 10 years though.

Fuck you I thought it was good

I liked it too, even Asbergos using crossbows in the present

no sequel for you

motherfucking Street Fighter

Gief remains the best character in all mediums and Raul Julia was having so much fun as Bison

Quick! Change the channel!

Raul Julia will certainly always be missed.

Honestly I genuinely like that movie too and think it's a shame that it's so universally hated. I actually like the fact that they had the balls to go in their own direction with it instead of trying to adapt the games or something. I found the sci-fi city to be a cool setting for Mario of all things to take place in.

Was it his last role? I'm glad it's what he left on if it was

>iwn get a bj from early 2000s jolie