>Guys, notice how quiet it is?
>no birds
>no animals

NO SHIT YOU ARE ON AN ALIEN PLANET WHIT NO INDIGENOUS WILDLIFE

FUCK THIS WRITING

DUDE ALIEN EGG, LET ME PUT MY FACE RIGHT NEAR IT, FUCK ENVIRONMENTAL SUITS LMAO

that's a big wheat

>they take their helmets off again

DUDE LETS SEND COUPLES TOO OLD TO HAVE MULITPLE CHILDREN THUS DEFEATING THE PURPOSE OF SENDING COUPLES INSTEAD OF JUST HARDENED SOLDIERS, ENGINEERS, SCIENTISTS, AND OTHER USEFUL JOBS

LMAO

>it's quiet
>too quiet

I just realised after this trailer, they brought no animals with them. They all have to go vegetarian.

Surely they should have brought some cows, pigs and chickens at least

Dude egg hatching scene

RIGHT TO THE FACE

it's quiet...too quiet

>huge predator emerges

goddam hollylame is so unoriginal.

>you hear that?
>no
>exactly

>even the wheat is cgi
>and unrealistically big

4u

*BRRAAAAAAAAPPPPTTTTTTFFFFFGHGHGPL*

WE DONT KNO WAT THE FUCKS OUTTHERE. BETTER GO EXPLORE

is a shame that all that wheat became maggoty bread

This is truly an uncalled for BRRRAAAPP post.

They've clearly developed drones who could map all of this shit while they hang out on the ship.

>How much worse could things get?
>Alien lands on top of ship

>Alien corners them
>All of a sudden Seth Rogan comes around the corner with some weed
>Everybody does the dinosaur as One Direction plays

What movie?

the new avatar

Interstellar

So is this gonna be better or worse than Prometheus?

>Who planted this

What the fuck did that line even mean? Do they not realise crops existed long before humans started farming them?

The area outside the ship(s) looks like alien planet #345 from Stargate.

Canada.

The Wheat Farmer (1965)

Considering what we saw in the trailer it will be 95% things we've already seen in prior Alien movies except now with stock lines.

prometheus was a shit script what do u expect.
i am still waiting for my aliens land on earth alien movie

DESU wheat as we know it didn't, it was bred very heavily by humans

That wheat has massive grains which probably indicates selective breeding and cultivation

I think what they're concerned about is how wheat evolved essentially the same on two different planets.

Farmed wheat is very different from wild wheat. Like dogs are to wolves.

Hard for it to be worse

I did not know this, thank you

dumbass they just found wheat and it seems like an earth like planet that can support life, of course they would be on the look out for indigenous shit you fucking retard

Evolution often finds the same solutions to problems. Even on Earth totally separated animals have developed the same survival techniques

the fucking beginning turned me right off
"lets send a bunch of hipster cucks and their tie dying gf into space"

Soldier

Well I mean to be fair, they're scientists from the future brought up on a culture of shit like the big bang theory. And the kind who will happily go live on some shitty planet in another galaxy, it's no surprise it attracted a bunch of hipsters and "nu-males"

Yeah well if there is that much vegetation that means there should be water that means there should be life retard.

It's covered in plant life; of course they would expect to see animals, too.

Nice digits, though.

>life = chirping birds

>Mordern wheat
>"Guys, what are the odds?"
Zero, literally zero, if you find modern wheat on a different planet that means a previous team ended there and planted it, Period. So someone lied to you and this is all a trap.

Also
>Walking around without their suits
>Entering on an alien ship without checking with drones first
>While unarmed
Idiots
>Plant life that needs animals to spread their seeds without animals
Nope the shit out of it you fucking retards

Srly, fuck this movie, why scientists have to be so retarded in every movie? the fucking why?

>you smell than?
>Sorry, couldn't resist

How do they know the planet life can make noises?
Seems like they made some big assumptions.

they are probably gender scientist sorry gender femientist

BRRRRAAAAAAAAP

The point is that they don't hear anything. No animals whatsoever. Yes, they point out that they don't hear Earth animals, which is what they're used to, but the point they're making is the same. There's nothing wrong with that particular line.

>Srly, fuck this movie, why scientists have to be so retarded in every movie? the fucking why?
its a long and proud ridley scott tradition

GUESS YOU DON'T LIKE THE CORNBREAD EITHER

You're welcome. The birth of farming is a pretty fucking fascinating time in our history. It really was a true paradigm shift

Also, did you know a lot of domestic wheat can't disperse its own seeds, so needs humans to survive

>shit like the big bang theory
Oh, you mean the show

Alien5: East Bound & Down

HA!

Wayne Barlowe's Expedition has aliens that almost exclusively have no eyes, which I thought was a pretty cool concept

Actually, most of what we eat today is a result of human selection, agriculture really had an impact on the wildlife, not only of animals, but of plants too.

Pic related is wild carrot vs domesticated carrot

even birds that don't sing or chirp 24/7 would make some noise going through the air or landing on a branch.

Still a shitty trope though

What are these hats called? I want one

see

Because unlike a lot of authors, scriptwriters don't have any scientific training whatsoever.

see

What you said has already been said, user.

>It's raph
>a little too raph

OMG the Engineer ship in the trailer is the same one Noomi Rapace left in at the end of Prometheus.
Who would have thought!

what an annoying face. I hope they all die.

underrated

>wheat
>no birds
How do you think earthly vegetation procreates?

hue

reddit

DUDE FUCK SPACE PROTOCOL I'M JUST HERE TO GET PAID LMAO

I don't get it.

>people exchanging knowledge in a polite manner
>reddit

TMNT 2:Secret of the Ooze

Well yeah dude you can't actually grow wheat on an alien planet, what do you want them to do Practical wheat effects? Fuck off

They fucking sent a gay couple, not even lesbians for more uterii, no a fucking pair of fags. This movie is dumb.

I don't have a problem with homosexuals, but they can't do something heterosexuals do...breed.

GM Crops brah

This. Pure kino if you know what I mean.

>TAY OUTTA NOWHERE
Oh cute whaddup?!

>Zero, literally zero
She asks who planted it right after, they aren't under the assumption that it's indigenous.
Finding Earth plants on an alien world isn't justification for packing everything up and calling it a day, it raises far more questions than it answers.

You're mad because alien wheat doesn't look exactly like earth wheat?

HYPER OATS

>ejewlution
Will this meme ever die?

>Glass made for space travel
>Space nigger breaks it headbutting it
This fucking trailer man, it's so shit, it has levels upon levels upon levels of sheer stupidity

Yeah, a shark and a panther both eat meat, but they aren't the fucking same.

>colonists
>send a gay couple
literally why?

Diversity is our strength

Nah, that is only 1 thing, a shark and a panther are related even if it's really far away in the evolutionnary tree.

A better example would be birds and bat. Both have wings, they serve the same purpose, but they evolved from different thing and have nothing in common beside the fonction.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convergent_evolution

I thought there are cryofrozen embryos or many other colonists in their ship too?

POTTERY

That still doesn't explain why you'd bring a gay couple instead of another fertile pair to produce more children. Every single one matters.

There's literally no reason to bring gays along. There's also no reason to bring the elderly, the infertile, and anyone else who can't have kids.

One is a fish the other is a mamal. One lay eggs the other doesn't.

Yeah, the same thing.
>b-but it looks the same
So do a bear and an racoon from afar and I hope you get the irony on this last example

Wew. If Mr. Shekelberg wouldn't have told me how stupid christians are one would think there's an intelligent designer behind this

>intelligent designer
Is called trial and error through millions of years

so did prometheus plant that wheat? he must have survived.

You do know evolution is just a theory right?

So is gravity

Not saying they're the same, just saying that this guy is correct when he says 'Even on Earth totally separated animals have developed the same survival techniques'