Just watched Reservoir Dogs for the first time yesterday. Can we talk about it?

Just watched Reservoir Dogs for the first time yesterday. Can we talk about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=__kN0m6P-RY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipped_wage_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it supposed to be obvious to everyone viewing it that Mr. Pink was the rat from the very beginning they start talking of rats?

Well he certainly didn't like tipping.

Tarantino's best right behind Basterds. Pulp Fiction is overrated.

Tarankino's kinoest kino.

Pretty much everyone agrees it's an amazing movie.

Best heist movie ever made imo.

Mr. Orange was the rat though. But it was probably meant to be obvious considering how early they revealed it.

Tarantino's best is Jackie Brown. It was his most refined film.

tipping is a foolish custom

And so is paying waiters less than minimum wage, but here we are.

It's not the customers fault that waitresses are getting paid below minimum wage (they don't, by the way, they get minimum wage if tips don't go above it.)

If it wasn't a profitable enough job (it is) then no one would do it and they'd have no choice but to raise the wages. Or make robots.

He was right.

They make most of their money off tips, that's what is established. Also, I think it is important to mention this is only applicable to the US where such practices exist.

The US is in fucking shambles, and most people who do these jobs have no other choice. I'm sure in the future they'll replace them with robots but that's about 50-100 years from now.

I love that it's such a timeless subject that people are still talking about it 25 years later.

>violin music starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=__kN0m6P-RY

Probably Kevin Smiths best movie or at least tied with Clerks

Stop pointing your gun at my dad.

Jackie Brown was okay.
Overall i think Pulp Fiction is Tarantinos best film simply because it's fun.

Kill Bill is decent too. All his other films are masturbatory crap. Inglorious Basterds, Django, which was basically just Inglorious Basterds AGAIN.

I wish Tarantino would try to make a serious movie for once, instead of sticking to his formula. At least he's great at picking music, i guess.

I haven't seen Hateful Eight, but i assume it's just another Tarantino movie following the formula.

>I haven't seen Hateful Eight, but i assume it's just another Tarantino movie following the formula.
Actually, you would be mistaken about this.

>They make most of their money off tips, that's what is established.
The very post you're replying to already said it.
>they get minimum wage if tips don't go above it

Tips are an incentive for better performance from employees, nothing more. Quit talking about things you know nothing about.

Hateful Eight still felt masturbatory user.

Not really. It just lasts 3 hours this time..

They don't get paid minimum wage off the bat. They make their money from tips, this is the norm. A waitressing job pays about $2-$5 an hour because they expect the waitresses to make it up with tips.

I don't like Michael Madsen as a bad guy man.

>I haven't seen Hateful Eight, but i assume it's just another Tarantino movie following the formula

Pretty much. And it's really drawn out waaay past the sensible limit established by Reservoir Dogs for a single room drama.

He really doesn't make films anymore, They're spectacles that deliver the Tarantino Experience.

>They don't get paid minimum wage off the bat.
Most people don't get paychecks right off the bat, they have to wait until the end of the work week. No different with waiters, if they don't have tips, it's no different from anyone else waiting until payday.

Tipping is only a concern in third world countries where slavery is legal like the U.S anyway

I LOVE TARENTONO HE LIKES BLOOD AND BAD WURDS LIKE FUK AND NIGA AND FEETSIES

need more grains

Now watch City on Fire.

I did, it was really boring. Also very different despite what people always say about it.

COME ON WE'RE PROFESSIONALS

>Tarantino lifting elements from other movies wholesale
Whaaat
Nooooo

It's not as if he pretends he doesn't do it. He admits to it. That's what makes him one of the good ones.

this

Feetantino is honest filmmaking at best

Of course! That does not discount the fact that waitresses make their money off tips.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipped_wage_in_the_United_States

the US are a 3rd world country

They don't need tips to survive, which is what the scene was about. Try to pay attention, and quit talking about things you know nothing about.

Yeah because you've held a service job to survive, right mate? Quit being such a cheapskate, and tip people for a change.

>Americans have to do algebra when they go out to eat to stop the legal slaves that serve them from spitting in their food

yeah the owner should pay them more. Lucky for me I dont own a restaurant so thats not my problem.

>Also very different despite...
...lifting characters, the general plot, and entire scenes.

This

Reservoir dogs is a close second though, not sure how I'd rank them after that

Boring shite

Reservoir Dogs>Inglorious Basterds>Kill Bill 1+2>Pulp Fiction>Django>Hateful 8>Jackie Brown

Mr. Orange rats out Mr. Pink to The Thing I mean Cabbott. So kind of.

These chicks? They make shit.

Opinions of Jackie Brown sure are varied. Some find it to be one of his best and very underrated among the Tarantino films, some think it's dogshit.

Reservoir Dogs > Pulp Fiction > Jackie > IB > Kill Bill > The Hateful 8 > Django >>>>>>>>> Death proof

People who think it's shit were disappointed because it doesn't end in a bloody shootout and they were expecting that from Tarantino.

That confuses me because it was his third film and Pulp Fiction didn't end in a bloody shootout.

Deathproof is the best, faggots.

>for the first time
Holy shit and I thought I was slow for watching it the first time last year.

>If it wasn't a profitable enough job (it is) then no one would do it

Or, ya know, it might be because they like eating and being indoors.

Jackie Brown was more toned down. It's the only time he's done anything different, and because people didn't like it for that reason he's kept doing the same stuff.

I'M FUCKIN DYIN LARRY

Nigger Detected

I see. I'll have to try it sometime.

Yeah, there's probably a lot of us out there. For various reasons I didn't start watching a whole lot of movies until just last year so there's a ton of classics I still have yet to see.

Kill Bill > Pulp Fiction > Reservoir Dogs > Django > Inglorious > Jackie > Hateful 8 > Deathproof

That said, Im a huge Tarantino fanboy and love everything he makes

He and Scorsese are two of the best directors out there. Haven't seen a film I didn't like by either of them.