Do you think that there could ever be a good 40k live action movie? What would the story be?

Do you think that there could ever be a good 40k live action movie? What would the story be?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Hivestrain_Azure
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
youtube.com/watch?v=ClfhBZR9-As
youtube.com/watch?v=VP7q47BDMBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Given that they're killing the setting for a age of sigmar-styled reboot I would say that it is pretty unlikely.

Why do they make shitty basic fantasy. Why not use their most interesting ip.

Orks anything else is boring

Why not chaos space marines V's space marines

>chaos space marines

fuck you

I'd like to see a good genestealer movie.

Movies based around inquisitors clearing out some kind of heresy could also be good.

I wanna see a tyrannid movie

the question is, would they use practical shit for the spehs muhreen suits or make it all CGI?

>meme race

Kys

bet you're a blood raven fag, even worse, space wolves.

who #Tau here

It'd have to be Horus Heresy since you could have all human casts and avoid some horrific cgi/prosthetic shit.

Cast
>Ralph Fiennes as Horus
>Jude Law as Sanguinius
>Mickey Rourke as Mortarion
>James Purefoy as Big E
>Chris Hemsworth as Leman Russ
>Joseph Fiennes as Magnus

could be a cool live action movie if done by someone who understands the original material. which I don't. so what's the point, I don't know.

I'm not 14 years old

>tfw you like 40k and its lore
>tfw most of its fans are insufferable manchildren who want to shoehorn it into everything and never shut the fuck up

>40k

30k or nothing

I want to see a creepy 'Genestealer creates a cult' first act that plays out as a horror and shows the Nids starting to terraform a colony, until the lid gets blown open on it and the Imperial Guard mobilise. Then have them trying to put up a fight and losing while one platoon tries to start up a dead Baneblade.
Then maybe a non-Ultramarine chapter was present in the same space and arrives super late to play big damn heroes, and they push back the first wave by the end of the movie, implying there's at least not immediate Exterminatus.

There'd be *blam*ing and showing off the real 'trying to survive is cowardice' thing with the IG, maybe a bunch of field-promotions because everyone keeps dying.
Also how fucked up the Nids are.

A black orc falls in love with a witch elf.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the witch elf's geolocation. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately rides his board to that place, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the witch elf, she only looks at him with eyes full of anger and disgust. After some investigation, he finds out that the witch elf he called is not the same witch elf he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the witch elf’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

So you wouldn't want a movie, it should just stay as a wargame?

Story following the imperial guard during the war and every character gets killed off every 20 seconds

but user that would probably not be appropriate for mainstream viewing

1d4chan.org/wiki/Hivestrain_Azure

If they don't use fucking space Marines Jesus Christ

I'm so fucking tired of all the games coming out focused on space Marines

The universe is so fucking huge

Couldn't we get like a chaos/eldar/Tyranids 3 way instead
Would be way better with no real good guys in the movie

there's a fanmovie in the works, complete cgi, if you guys didn't know

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

has potential i guess

I'm so fucking glad you nerds don't write any story.
Do you have any idea how shit that would be ?

youtube.com/watch?v=ClfhBZR9-As
youtube.com/watch?v=VP7q47BDMBw

You're not the first one to have these ideas, Games Workshop did it in 96. I think these two concepts and maybe some short stories played verbatim would be the only 40k stuff that could actually be film worthy. The horus heresy might work as well though.

It would have to be mocapped live actors. Muhreen armor is way too bulky to be a practical suit that someone can act in

I agree, it's got plenty of drama and source material to build on, plus you can make a crowd-pleasing good vs bad conflict. Most of the other lore is autistic details about armies and battles.

>HUMANITY FUCK YEAH, FUCK EMPEROR AND FUCK SPACE MARINES
Pathetic Guard-fags, go watch starship troopers for this shit, we don't need another movie about
>muh ordinary soldiers

Having all aliens would be retarded. But honestly the imperial guard would make the most sense for a movie.

Yes, but it would have to be classic hand-drawn animation (basically, Heavy Metal).

Storm of Iron is about the only 40k Novel that could work as a movie. Maybe Eisenhorn and the early Gaunt's Ghosts too. The Horus Heresy is way too convoluted for normies.

Because Fantasy was a better game on the table

Why do you want to see fucking generic human space man vs alien movie?

>Using the gay IG that run away
>Not any of the interesting ones like Death Korps, Harakoni Warhawks or even Cadians

Catachans > the rest

There's already a movie about them, though, called Predator

It would have to be digital, there is no way they could do live action, even live action with lots of CGI could fail horribly without a fantastically huge budget.

Whatever they do I would love to see them truly get the sense of scale. I want to see trillions of Tyranids raining down on a planet, millions of IG tanks advancing as one to combat it. Entire hives being wiped out and so on.

relatively complicated world to jump in, in my opinion they should make movie with a lot flashbacks, for example simple young man woke up, makes his things, watch on street spacemarins, notice how epic they are and he wants to know more about them ,he goes to library where he watch and read about how everything begun since start imperium to heresy and civil war.

switch ralph fiennes and james purefoy m8

>space marines on the street
>reading about horus heresy in the library
>reading about any heresy in the library
You sure you are talking about 40k?

The story should be about you finally having sex, pinhead

That's why I didn't bother mentioning them, they're already in Rambo, Predator and Apocalypse Now

The only problem is you average imperium citizen has nothing to do with marines. the movers and shakers of the story really have nothign to do with commoners at all, for the most part. A movie would be better based on an inquisitor, or maybe an acolyte or something.

god knows they need muh human drama to make it accessible rather than just have people blowing heretics up.

But GUYS, They already made a Warhammer 40k movie!!!11!! It's called EvEnT hOrIzOn!!!! LOL XDD

Probably something like 300.

it'd have to be with an imperial soldier or a remembrance brought along with a space marine detachment, maybe during the great crusade.

Start with a normal person, and slowly show giant marines and their tech.

The source material itself is fucking shit
So no

I'd love to see an average citizen living on a giant megacity world cyberpunk/E.Y.E style with only passing references to WH40K war stuff

t. someone who only really knows 40k stuff from the dawn of war games

>remembrancer befriends some random marine
>he wants to learn more about marines and what they are/how they think
>themes could include what it means to be human (implying marines are no longer human but still sympathetic towards us because of the emporers will)
>before embarking onto a planet marine offers to take remembrancer onto loading dock to show him the might of the imperium
>cut to battalions of marines assembling into rhinos and land raiders
>show titans powering up
>show chapter primarch on some far away observation deck overlooking everything
>marine says inspiring stuff to puny human
>end of movie is the marine and remembrancer on some human planet that is complaint
>having ceremony celebrating the emperor and compliance
>some humans run out of the crowd and start exploding on marines
>think suicide bombers
>choas erupts
>marines waste all the native humans and round up the leader
>he says he has no idea what happened, those people were clearly heretics/terrorists
>marines say too bad, you've been compromised and they're all executed
>remembrancer gets bitter taste of the iron will of the marines
>his marine friend died from the explosions
>he's talking to another older crotchity marine about what happened
>the explosions weren't normal bombs but something from the warp
>but no one knows about the true power of the warp yet so it's kinda of a mystery
>could have some foreshadowing with an earlier scene where thhe ship they're on is travelling through the warp and the remembrancer has "night mares" involving demons and stuff
>set up for sequel

I would suck a dozen dicks for a 40k miniseries made in the same vein as Band of Brothers, following an IG squad as they push deep into enemy lines on various worlds (Tau first to let the watcher recognize this is a sci-fi, ease into Rebels and then Cultists and then finally Chaos.)

A movie would, again, be the Imperial Guard as they try to secure a Titan foundry from enemy forces.

>There will never be a Gaunt's Ghosts TV series.
>There will never be a Caphias Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM series.
>Ravenor will never be a movie.
Hopefully the new Inquisitor movie will be great so GW gives the rights to a studio.

Space Marines are pleb as fuck

Tau Empire is the most patrician army

>40k
never

It already exists and it's kino.

Just make a detective thriller in a hive city following a chaos cult or something with an inquisitor

No, it would never work without heavy changes to the lore / aesthetics / story.

The only movie that would really work anyways would be an IG based story, that would be pretty cool. Space Marines look too cheesy, and in general are just too cheesy.

>meme race

Kill YOURself

Oh, and what I meant to say is that changing the aesthetics and lore will trigger all the 40k autists and they won't see the movie anyway, so it wouldn't profit.

All I need is $150 million and some weapons to take the actors kids hostage

That is a really bad list my man, good actors but in entirely the wrong roles.
>no big guy bane at all
please

>RDM

No thanks.

>Eldar
>not the good guys

Wrong.

Make Dark Heresy: The Movie. Follow around an inquisitor and their retinue. Showcase the staples of 40k (like daemonic horror, large scale warfare, spess mahrens and the like) without trying to cram in every little detail and keeping the story based on a group of characters that are (almost) relatable.

SURRENDER YOUR BIOMASS, THE HIVEMIND DEMANDS IT

>Tau
>Patrician
The only Tau that has that title is Farsight. He is the only redpilled Tau as he is the only one of his race who knows the true nature of the Ethereals and of the warp.

"I’ve seen things you wouldn’t believe – entire worlds in flames, chains of supernovas on the edge of nothingness, the great hole in space. I am changed, an outcast now…"

>Deffskwadrun will never be animated.
Feels bad man.

>no orky Saturday morning cartoon
I wish GW had the money for shit like that

A horus heresy movie would probably be shit.

They'd probably license it if some cartoonist wanted to make it.

GW already said it had many offers from some big names of the sector but they didn't accept because they all wanted to change the setting in the movie(s) to make it more available for the "general people"

>current year
>90% white
>100% male
HAHAHAHAHAHA

The only way it could have worked is if they made the movie 20 years ago so that they would have to get creative with the effects

Compare if you will my imaginary practical effect Nurgle with the fat goblin dude from the first Hobbit movie

0 interest in watching some soulless CGI shitfest where you just have space marines spinning through the air and dodging ork rockets in slow mo

TOO
MUCH
MONEY

no one is going to take that big of a risk financially, if we ever get one it will have a horrendously low budget