Where are their eyes?

Where are their eyes?

How can they see anything if they don't have any eyes?

Other urls found in this thread:

plotandtheme.com/2016/05/18/the-xenomorph-and-the-perversion-of-sex-in-alien/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they sense through some sort of magic

No idea, it's a huge plothole.

They probably have a heightened sense of smell and can possibly sense electric fields like I think sharks can.

inside their elongated super head, is some kind of space radar that is superior to eyes.
also, eyes ruin the phallic symbolism that ''we're'' going for

>phallic symbolism

Nigga why the fuck would there be phallic symbolism in a sci-fi horror movie?

Because Giger.

plotandtheme.com/2016/05/18/the-xenomorph-and-the-perversion-of-sex-in-alien/

Sexual imagery is everywhere in Alien, the screenwriter described the facehugger as a 'homosexual oral rape'

they're like this guy only they have tinted dome-membrane, like sunglasses

They have a human-like skull underneath the dome at the very least, whether there is anything in the sockets though...

lol

is that a protoss ship?

I don't know why.
But it's among the most recognizable, memorable kino monsters of all time. Other monster flicks should be more inspired like this, even if it's just 'dude, dicks lmao'

They should have had a Xenomorph with the design of their skull showing, because that shit looks creepy as fuck.

I thought they used sonar to see

There are plenty of creatures on earth that either don't have eyes or are basically blind yet are still able to hunt and survive. Go back to fucking school

They do

Cameron removed the smooth head for Aliens

I find myself wondering the same. Like, do chinks see the same as we do?

Nah I mean just this part.

I think it kinda vaguely looks like that thing from Resurrection, but I haven't seen that movie in a long as time. But the thing in Resurrection was way more human looking, and it was like a creamy color, so it looked more retarded than it did scary.

I thought they detected prey through pheromones or some shit, this is also how the Queen controls the drones.

where is your penis' eyes? how can you into bagina hole if penis can't see?

bulbous head is a radar antenna

Xenomorphs are fast, but I can't imagine them being anything more than a nuisance in mountainous, plains or hilly terrain where you can see them coming from more than 15 meters away.

Xenos aint shit senpai

Ah alright, I get you now.

Funny enough their original design was just that, but for some reason they decided it looked better with the smooth head above it.

The newborn from Alien Resurrection is also a joke yes

One xeno versus three velociraptors

Who wins

If the raptors scratch or bite the xeno, then the acid blood will just spill out onto them.

Xeno wins every time.

Xeno acid blood, gg

kill yourself 90's born retard

Xenos are supposed to be stealthy predators, they're not warzone bioweapons.

Consider a snake

They don't have eyes and can see perfectly. Read a science book

>They don't have eyes

user...

am I being meme'd?

A scorpion doesn't have eyes and it's pretty deadly

WHOOSH

snakes do have eyes thou

They are blind thou

>toothless snake
I could find a use for that

echolocation, electro-reception or smell

take your pick

>If only it had eyes, a part of her thought, instead of visual perceptors as yet unstudied. No matter how horrible or bloodshot, at least you could connect with an eye. The windows of the soul, she’d read somewhere.

>The alien had no eyes and, quite likely, no soul.

A. D. Foster - Alien 3

let's go with e-reception since Ridley wants it as a phallus-skull. head is so sensitive it can feel air molecules. wait that's how scent works. hmm

xenoraptors

>Electroreception is the biological ability to perceive natural electrical stimuli. It has been observed almost exclusively in aquatic or amphibious animals, since salt-water is a much better conductor than air, the currently known exceptions being echidnas, cockroaches and bees. Electroreception is used in electrolocation (detecting objects) and for electrocommunication.
>Electroreceptive animals use this sense to locate objects around them. This is important in ecological niches where the animal cannot depend on vision: for example in caves, in murky water and at night. Many fish use electric fields to detect buried prey. Some shark embryos and pups "freeze" when they detect the characteristic electric signal of their predators
To put it simply, they sense your heartbeat using electromagnetism

This is what I always assumed. Except I imagined it as more of a radar/lidar type thing than just eyes inside the dome.

WE

Snakes actually do have eyes on their tongue, that's why they're always flicking it so they can see what's going on

>Black people is the suit wearer.
WE WUZ ALIENS AND SHEIIT.

Stop misusing memes you redditors.

Except they are bioweapons.

Unleash that shit in a city and forget about it.

>tfw too intelligent for eyes

Newfaggots everyone

While the skull was in Giger's original design, it is not totally canon.

For instance, eye sockets are not visible in the original movie, and are excluded in sequels and Predator franchise.

you mean the hybrid.Oh that thing was really cute with it's big round eyes, like a puppy.My wife on our way out of the theater:
"You know, i felt really sad for the ripley alien"

>original movie not canon, what?
the eye sockets are visible in the original film at certain angles

doesn't it have all of Ripley's memories as well, so essentially it IS Ripley

>Except they are bioweapons.
Not for warzone.
>Unleash that shit in a city and forget about it.
In which case, they are stealthy predators. We're not disagreeing here.

>doesn't it have all of Ripley's memories as well
I don't remember that.

You are able to see the eye sockets now in blu-ray, and have access to studio shots thanks to the internet, but for decades, the alien did not have eye sockets, and that extended to the sequels and the whole franchise. Thus, the canon excluded an asset due to low visibility.

Also, even with eye sockets, the alien has no eyes, nor need for them, and this is canon as well. The skull was just a fetish of Giger.

nigger.

Wow, just wow. When you think you've seen it all, you see this stupid post.

>babbys first alien discussion

Stupid american born in the 90's detected.

They can sense motion and smell pheramones.

this has been explained before, they hunt using smell, they don't need to see because they are nocturnal and only move in the dark

no, it smelled her and because her scent was closer to its own than the xenomorph queen's it thought ripley was its mother and tried to protect her

How can we see anything if our eyes aren't real?

Smell?

Are you guys actually proud of being on Sup Forums in your 30s?

>Jeunet was adamant that the Newborn have genitalia, a mix of both sexes. However, Fox was uncomfortable and even Jeunet eventually felt "even for a Frenchman, it's too much". The genitalia were digitally removed in post-production.[5]

>While impressed with the animatronic, Jeunet subsequently expressed regret that, owing to the design, the creature was almost always seen from the waist upwards only, with just one brief shot showing the creature standing in full view.[5]

An alien with a dick and a pussy

Giger would be proud

Honestly I love every part of the newborn's original design
They should have gone further and had proper horrible rape in it, I think it would have gone great with the disabled comedy relief

I played the trial version of the Aliens vs. Predator 2 computer game, which was available for Windows XP and Vista, and the xenomorphs can see just fine.

>even Jeunet eventually felt "even for a Frenchman, it's too much"

looks a bit like woody harrelson

This was the worst fucking design. Always reminded me of a retarded version of Pumpkinhead.

Really disappears my poop.

How could somebody spend dozens of hours making this thing while thinking the whole time that it looks good?

It's trying too hard to look scary, and just comes off looking retarded.

Lack of eyes just tops off an already great design. Giger said that there is something very scary about something that can clearly see you but you dont see it looking at you and he was right imo.

>those tits

Why are their heads so elongated? How do they not fall on their faces everytime they run?

What

Because the weight is counterbalanced by their bodies.

What I don't understand is how they can store such potent acid inside them? In regards to vision they leave slime laying around everywhere don't they? Certain snakes spray venom everywhere to leave a trail that they can track, I'd assume the AYYLMAOS do something similar?

>What I don't understand is how they can store such potent acid inside them?

My guess is that the xenomorph has specifically evolved in such a way that its acid doesn't dissolve whatever the hell their bodies are made of.

that is fucking rad

this

it's like how do you hold your head up without it falling to the side with that huge brain you're toting

becomes acidic when it hits oxygen
chemical reaction

because they wuz kangz n' sheeit

Complete utter stupidity. Get out.

Better than spending the prime of your life here. You should be out fucking bitches, drinking and having fun. Not wasting your time here.

You mean corrosive

Sure
Yes
Semantics

Aliens with no eyes are designed to hit the uncanny thing, they naturally freak you out

Pic related

If you wanted a logical reason... dunno; eyes evolved on earth to detect visible spectrum EM waves, maybe the Xeno detects something else with something else

>maybe the Xeno detects something else with something else

I always thought it was pretty obvious that they detect heat. The Dome of their head is a sensory organ that gives them directional information based on what it pick up with heat receptors, like a Viper.

Yeah, common things with a twist usually freaks you out.

Like putting the legs and arm on the back of a creature instead of the frond, this kind of stuff

>eyes.jpg
>no eyes to be seen

No no no!! They are smell oriented

Sonar and heat