Are there any good docs about the problem of the for profit prison system in America that isn't full of WE WUZ KANGZ...

are there any good docs about the problem of the for profit prison system in America that isn't full of WE WUZ KANGZ and DINDU NUFFIN ALL WHITEYS FAULT bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

shetterly.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/a-handy-list-of-black-mass-murderers.html
nytimes.com/2011/08/12/us/12brfs-Ciavarella.html
ibtimes.com/trump-private-prisons-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-overturns-obama-administration-2497015?amp=1
marketwatch.com/story/george-soros-buys-stakes-in-alphabet-netflix-dumps-disney-general-motors-2016-11-14
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>problem of the for profit prison system
It's not a "problem", it's a Democrat talking point.

nope. sorry.

just like BLM - started as an anti-police brutality, anti militarization of police and anti-institutionalized racism movement and was quickly hijacked into being a bunch of retarded 'whitey is evil', shit basically sabotaging itself by going full-retard.

Least blacks aren't in jail for shooting up preschools cause they can't get pussy.

Yeah it's called using your own brains and going through politics and statistcs literature.

fucking pleb.

yeah instead they're in jail for rape 'cause they can't get pussy

Kids for Cash is good but obviously specifically about kids and juvie. Though part of that problem is that those kids once in the system find it very hard to get out and end up in adult prison.

Point still stands

>Kids for Cash is good
reported

maybe niggers should stop looting and killing their own and there wouldn't be a problem

Why is privatization of the prison system a bad thing?

more money from the govt, more money spent lobbying the govt for more money.

snake swallows its tail.

also MUCH LESS OVERSIGHT, and that there is where you get people disappearing out of jails, illegal medical experimentation, and organ smuggling.

no, because the WE WAZ KANGS and DINDU NUFFIN is basically the corner stone of the prison industrial complex argument

>There are no black mass shooters

Because it provides an economic incentive for the long-term incarceration of as much of the population as possible. In what world would that be a good thing?

Are there?

Because prisons then want more customers (supply and demand), and so there's the incentive to bribe judges.

And what? You think the courts are going to become privatized too? You think every single sentencing judge is going to be bribed by the private prisons to give people life sentences for a dimebag of reefer?

The ultimate societal goal should be to have less prisoners. For-profit prisons by their nature are incentivized to have their prisons as full as possible, and when the state promises many of them a minimum level of occupancy so they can make sure to make a profit, this requires more arrests and more jail time for offenses that would otherwise not warrant such a punishment.

Stop trying to educate them

And this operates on your belief that every single US judge is corrupt.

This isn't Mexico.

It isn't in the general sense so long as its well regulated.

But Americas system is so retarded they have 'capacity agreements' basically meaning if the State can't provide prisoners to fill these prisons they have to pay these private corporations, which trickles down into law enforcement / state legislature creating off kilter punishment to maintain prison levels, as well as creates powerful lobbying groups through unions since they generally employ a lot of people as guards.

My exact thoughts when I watched this documentary.

I went in blind (noticed it was Oscar nominated on Netflix) expecting a good documentary about the prison industrial complex but my dumb ass didn't realise that 13th meant 13th Amendment.

It had a few interesting things to say about the general for profit prison system but it was 90% dindu nuffin shit.

>for offenses that would otherwise not warrant such a punishment.
Such as?

user, it's not a matter of individuals being corrupt, it's a whole restructuring of the prison system to accommodate the prisons.

Couple of grams of weed / Unpaid Alimony.

shetterly.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/a-handy-list-of-black-mass-murderers.html

Possession of marijuana.

You don't need to bribe them. You just need them to own stock in the company.

With the kind of shit judges pull all the time you really can't put your trust in them.

>Couple of grams of weed / Unpaid Alimony
legalize weed and get rid of alimony, it's legal slavery anyway.

problem solved. now fuck off.

>accomodate the prisons
so does this mean prisons will turn into those in Norway?

That doesn't solve the problem at all, it just shifts the focus to some other low-level crime that shouldn't give you 30 years in prison.

Also the prison industry is part of why the legalisation of weed is going so slowly in the first place. They've got the monetary power to make sure the laws don't change and they need to use that power because they'll lose even more money if the laws do change.

Gotta try,

No obviously not.
But some have been. There's one instance I remember where a judge was sentencing teenagers to privately owned juvenile hall for extraordinary periods for minor infractions.
The judge was being paid bribes by the institution.
Oh here it is: nytimes.com/2011/08/12/us/12brfs-Ciavarella.html

Oh hey it's almost like the prison complex and private prison unions Lobby the government to continue enforcing and imprisoning people for this stupid shit, and because they're well maintained and propped up by the government they are far more powerful than the average voter.

So, to remove the problems of private prisons, we just need to change the laws, that are not being changed because these private prisons need profits, so how could we do that?

BY GOD I'VE GOT IT! By going back to square fucking one and dismantling the private prison systems!

You mongoloid.

You are operating under the assumption that someone like me, an American taxpayer, should give a shit about the plight of prisoners.

Do you not know what accommodate means?

>legalize weed
Easier said then done in America, especially now with Jeff Sessions as attorney general.

Give them flush levels of capital so they can make significant improvements to their infrastructure?

Yeah man Hillary would have legalized it in the first 100 days!

Bruh Chicago generates like one black mass shooter every week. Libshits have decided that gang violence doesn't count for some arbitrary reason.

>literally if I close my eyes it will go away the post

You realize that private prisons make money because the state pays them a monthly amount per prisoners, right? In what universe do you live where the taxpayer doesn't pay for prisoners?

Don't try to derail my point

yes silly goy, who needs empathy when you're giving away a fraction of your hard earned shekels

as a taxpayer you should. its a giant and even more inefficient than the government moneypit, that you are footing.

Because your tax money is wasted on a system that doesn't work, with the money going into the pocket of some asshole leech?

Because the system that doesn't work produces criminals that are more dangerous to you once they get out?

What are you, retarded?

No, user. The other meaning.

>Fit in with the wishes of needs of
And I said prisons, not prisoners. IE provide prisons with prisoners to maximize profits.

Well man your money is being wasted not me lmao.

You're literally paying money to house and feed these people.

And on top of that you're turning non-violent offenders into hardened criminals who are more likely to commit harder crime once they're released, that YOUR tax dollars will fund to repair / replace, and then they're right back into the system that you pay for AGAIN to house and feed them.

What's more than a mongoloid? You're a turbotard.

The courts aren't really the main concern, since they don't write the law. Lobbying senators and congressmen helps make sure that things like "three-strike" systems and mandatory prison terms as minimum sentences get instituted, and judges are forced to comply.

The goal of the judicial system is ultimately one of less prisoners, through programs that reduce recidivism and deter crime in whatever way possible. Privatising prison management puts the prisons in opposition to law enforcement, since it is in their interests for more people to commit more crimes and re-offend once released.

>You think the courts are going to become privatized too?

I wouldn't be surprised, most governments will destroy whatever public institutions they can get away with for a quick buck these days.

ibtimes.com/trump-private-prisons-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-overturns-obama-administration-2497015?amp=1

That oblivious irony is pretty funny user
You even managed to insert the very reason for caring in your post

Oh also just in case you're a Sup Forumstard 90% of prison guards are niggers and spics so you're also funding them too.

What gets me is that even judges know that prisons just fuck you up instead of rehabilitating you for the betterment of society. That's why they don't sentence people with high-paying jobs or white teens in sports teams to prison, because it'd ruin their either their future or ability to do their job.

Why go on with a broken system?

To all in this thread:
Read the argument and then what's actually happening Disturbing.

Because they aren't telling you about it, the American media is awful at their job.

Prisons aren't meant for rehabilitation, they are meant for removal.

>I do not understand what "social eugenics" is

are you 10

They let niggers off for crimes all the time, you just don't hear about it

the black guy who directed birth of a nation got away with rape, didn't make the news until people wondered why he was (almost) up for an oscar

So "Dear White People" was not enough
Now they are saying blacks are still slaves and need reperations and shieeeet

How did Netflix get so cucked so fast

Hi Judge Death

Please leave our realm

the people at the top dont give a fuck, they want a prison planet of human cattle. look at the state of the world, beyond just for profit prisons. obviously this is sick and broken, and isnt going to work much longer.
this 'society' is collapsing in the next 10 years guaranteed

Knowledge is power.
marketwatch.com/story/george-soros-buys-stakes-in-alphabet-netflix-dumps-disney-general-motors-2016-11-14

>So "Dear White People" was not enough
t.someone who never saw the movie.
>Now they are saying blacks are still slaves
Why not? Black and whites use drugs at the same rate but the blacks will go to prison for it and the whites wont

Even the Judge Dredd world has a better grasp of how to run a prison, doesn't it? Like, aren't the iso-cubes people are sent to the size of a small apartment? The more important part is that the prisoners are obviously in isolation. So they're not picking up new ways to commit crime like in RL prisons.

The Netflix series based on the movie is not satirical, or they have shown nothing to indicate that it is in the previews

Why cant you retards understand that while the original movie may be a satire, its possible for Netflix to make another version that isn't

Especially when the writer of Netflix's DWP has tweets literally calling for White Genocide

Maybe, but the world of Judge Dredd has its fair share of problems. The Justice department spends more resources on fighting corrupt judges then crime itself

I mentioned the doctors and white teenagers BECAUSE those are the ones that make the news. People hear about them but still don't see the problem with the prison system that the judges try to fix with their sentencing.

The fact that it's a black kid who gets off on a lighter sentence because the judge doesn't want to ruin him doesn't change the argument. It's still a judge who has to not hand out a sentence because he knows the prison-time won't help society in any way.

The media tells people what they want to hear.

For the same reason you think that the Netflix series wont have the satirical nature of the movie.
>Especially when the writer of Netflix's DWP has tweets literally calling for White Genocide
I believe it when I see it

So you are telling me that the American people would rather want to hear about how Trump had a meeting with Kayne West instead of the massive donations he took from various industries?

You're telling me that they would rather her about he is unfit to be president because of his language instead of his policies?

Well enjoy the next 4 years then

must be nice to be this deluded

Oh yeah the world obviously has problems, that's kind of inescapable. The world is shit and the Judge system is part of the perpetuating force, but among all that they STILL manage to have a better prison system, when the Judges don't just kill someone, arrest the wrong people or let them off because of corruption.

If they had US-style prisons the world would get even more fucked by turning every juve into a hardened criminal while serving their sentences.

absolutely yes 100% to both of those.

>implying they don't

You can't make dank memes about his policies. You CAN make dank memes about his ramblings.

What the people want and what the people need are not the same.

In conclusion the US needs to re haul their prison system
Enjoy your next 4 years

Your needs has to go before your wants.

there's research suggesting solitary confinement does way more harm to the psyche than being in general population.

but no, i don't think some comic book artist has a better idea how to run a prison

do any of you know people who actually have been to a prison?

what did he mean by this

My granddad went to a low security prison for a shitload of unpaid parking fines.

A week before he got out he had me meet him by the back fence and threw his prison issue boots over to me because they were the nicest he'd ever had and they wouldn't tell him where they were from or how to get his own pair.

2bh Prison seems pretty much fine anywhere that isn't a shithole 3rd world nation. He learned how to use a wood lathe and made me a chess set.

>It would be unfair to put innocent people in prison, therefore everyone in prison is guilty of a crime

You realize that the media, like these prisons, operate based on profit, right? You wanna watch the cold-hard facts about policies in Washington? Watch C-SPAN reports or the PBS Newshour. And then take a wild guess at how those two channels ratings are compared to sensational, superficial Fox, CNN, MSNBC.

The masses dictate what's on the news because they pay for the news. It's not a complex issue.

>Low security prison

>Jail isn't as bad as max, anons!
Who would have thought?

Like a solid majority of criminals in my country are in low security, so talking about something that only affects like 20% of criminals seems a bit silly.

This.

It's a boogeyman subject meant to muddy debate about crime and punishment.

Literally every "problem" with the system is only of concern if you're a junkie or a low-class nigger/white trash criminal.

BECAUSE IT GIVE INCENTIVE FOR CRIMINALS TO BE PUNISHED, AND WE SIMPLY CAN'T HAVE THAT

So what specifically are judges "bribed" to do? And who does this affect?

And how can this occur on such an enormous scale as you imply, while remaining hidden?

That's in the real world, though. With real-world style solitary confinement. In the comics you don't go crazy as easily and I'm pretty sure the iso-cube actually gives you access to media, since they're described as being the size of an apartment. You're not just sitting on a bunk staring at a wall like in real world isolation, you're just kept apart from the populace. Like a Sup Forums browser forced to do it.

So for their world they've got a better grasp of a working prison system than we have.

>You smoked some pot once? That's 20 years for you

Reading that in de Lancie's voice is sexually satisfying.

>Iso-Cubes are a place where sentenced criminals who commit non-capital crimes are assigned. Perps stay there until their sentence is completed, unable to leave. The room is similar to a single-dwelling apartment in a housing block except it is smaller, has less amenities, and has a secure door that only opens from the outside with a durable glass panel on the other side to maintain suicide watch as well as to remind the prisoner they are constantly being watched. Iso-cubes are found within Iso-Blocks which are analogous to prisons located in Mega City One.
There is no clear image on what the cubes look like, one comic has them like this.

My uncle did a stint in prison but I don't even know what for. I just know about it because I inherited some mags with an address sticker on it that showed he was living in a prison when he got it. There was a naked centrefold lady I jerked it to when I was a young teen, just like he'd done in prison I imagine.

Pretty sure he was a proper asshole who deserved prison, though. Like, the kind of asshole that would even be mean to children.

While in the game they look like this.

Statistically (sourced from FBI) a black kid is 3x more likely to bring a gun into school then a white kid. They also commit the most gun crime in the U.S, it's just that when white people shoot people they call it a shooting and when black people do it they call it gang violence.

The people in low security would still prefer not to be in prison at all, though. And there's not much of an argument to be made if you're saying we don't have to worry about prisons overflowing with prisoners because most prisons aren't the worst place in the world.

And unless "my country" is America, why are you discussing the American penal system?

Just watched this today. Really good.

>The people in low security would still prefer not to be in prison at all, though.

This is a point how?

Dude asked if anyone knows someone who went to prison. I know someone who went to prison.

Non-Americans browse Sup Forums, shocker i know.