Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4zLZ5vj7qFc
youtube.com/watch?v=BYhzJ6OFzPw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelmus#Lyrics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olaus_Rudbeck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep, that's autism.

>WE WUZ GREEKS N SHEIT

One of our kings became a saint (but the c*tholic church has not recognized him), does this count?

I seriously think the founding fathers were autistic tbqh

>When the marble statue arrived in Washington, DC in 1841, however, it immediately generated controversy and criticism. Many found the sight of a half-naked Washington offensive, even comical. The statue was relocated to the east lawn of the Capitol in 1843. Disapproval continued and some joked that Washington was desperately reaching for his clothes, then on exhibit at the Patent Office several blocks to the north.

George Washington was a freemasonic faggot.

that's what you get for being heretics

Umm sweetie.

youtube.com/watch?v=4zLZ5vj7qFc

youtube.com/watch?v=BYhzJ6OFzPw

>swede
>saint
lmao pick one

Well he died 400 years before we became Protestant.
Stupid russki.

In the Netherlands we sing children songs about our war heroes.
And we glorify people like William of Orange, Michiel de Ruyter and Piet Heijn.

And our country is still run by the Oranges today. The birthday of the King is even a national holiday.

Also, our national anthem is pretty much a 15 minute long church prayer about the life of William of Orange, how noble he was.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelmus#Lyrics

How is he a saint if he hasn't been canonized by the church?

Do 20 tons of Carrara marble count as deifying?

how does one become a saint

>stealing Danish flag origin myth
What did Sweden mean by this?

It's a two step process, first comes beatification, which basically confirms the individual is in God's grace and may intercede on behalf of others.

After that two miracles need be confirmed by the Holy Office (that's the PC name for the Inquisition) tho I think they narrowed it down to a single verified miracle for John Paul II.

For both procedures the Pope makes a declaration, without those you're not considered a saint.

He began to be worshipped as a saint but the pope himself didn't acknowledge him.
The story goes that after leading a crusade to christianize Finland he was murdered by a perfidious danish prince who held a claim to the Swedish throne. While he was attending mass, the Danes attacked but he refused to interrupt it and was then beheaded. Where his head landed some magical water source sprang up which the townspeople relied on for centuries.
Shh

We also sing songs about the Geuzen, which were pirates that supported William of Orange. About how they threaten to murder the Spaniards.

>church mumbojumbo
dropped

Then he doesn't count, pictured is worshipped as a saint by narcos, needless to say the Catholic Church doesn't approve. In Bolivia they even worship Che Guevara as a saint, candles and all, doesn't count as official.

>a crusade to christianize
really sparkles my crosses

Come on man, you asked a question, I provided a straightforward and detailed answer, it's how it works. If you're asking in a philosophical or theological sense how to become a saint it's still going to come down to church dogma.

Hmm, too bad. Strangely though despite never being recognized by a pope there exists a letter from one pope approving a request to move his remains from one church to another.
Well, the event is called the first Swedish crusade.

just jokes
appreciate the answer

That's probably just a courtesy, you don't need to be a saint for the church to approve the exhumation of remains. I imagine they must have wanted to move him from a Catholic church to one belonging to your national church so the Pope may have just signed on allowing that.

thx man

This guy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olaus_Rudbeck
Wrote a book about how Sweden was actually Atlantis and the center for the entire world.
It got a lot of steam in Sweden for a bit.

Actually he was moved to another church while we were still catholic, if I remember right it had something to do with the capital moving.

I see, it seems pretty straightforward then.

People low-key worship Mintoff here.

that'd be ok if this weren't a shitty, artificial copy of another cunt

yeah, but the good kind