Is South Korea one of the most overrated countries...

Is South Korea one of the most overrated countries? It doesn't seem all that special but people can't seem to stop obsessing over how great it supposedly is online. Some Koreans even tell me they want to move overseas to America to escape this "hell" despite Korea being a developed country. Apparently living in Korea is actually pretty awful?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lai_Đại_Hàn
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Vietnam
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are people praising us? I didn't know that, they should be obsessed with Anime instead

Korea economy is grow and grow
It's more stronger and richer then even Japan now. They are the only one true first world from Asia. Korean is Protestant chirischan too.

At least Korean is more look civilized and cool compere Manlet ugly japs.

Asia generally sounds like a horrible place to live and asians in general seem to be horrible people. It actually pains me to think that billions of asiatoids locusts are gobbling up resources and are polluting.

I'm sure you understand since you live right next to Finland.

I don't know, I'm just waiting for the big kaboom from that area.

yes, korea is a shithole compared to 1st world countries, but kpop kdrama brainwash idiots just like anime and hollywood.

Reality is Koreans need to work even harder than japs to maintain a lower living standard, parents send their kids overseas to escape hell and conscription, even china and SEA are preferable to korea for some koreans

In any case I just want to make clear that the fact that these are not normal people.

>protestant chris chan

In fact Korea is a reasonable evaluation of the second world

I don't get it. What are you trying to show me?

>parents send their kids overseas to escape hell and conscription

So it's really bad despite being a developed country? I thought the current Korean obsession might have something to do with pop culture projection because some of the people I know who really like Korea didn't even know Korea existed until they discovered K-Pop.

Yes. A lot of people nowadays are obsessed with Korea. It's common for them to say Korean people are the hottest or Koreans food is the best, etc.

What that image. Don't spam you zainichi neet

What Korean food is tastety? It's taste just stinky kimchi or Sesame oil or instant nudles in pot.

I don't know. I've never had Korean food before. People tell me they love Korean barbecue and kimchi though.

Sorry, Sup Forums, there is a insane japanese shitposter in this thread.

Please don't give him any (You).

Maybe Korea is overrated, but it is much more better than Russia.

They are rather one of the most underrated countries ever. They already surpassed the economy of South Africa, which has almost the same population and still have higher GDP growth rate but SK is not the member of BRICS. Also they are often confused with North Korea and get pointless negative opinion by ignorant people.

Korea is weird. It's materially first world but socially it's suffocating.

>Japanese

Russia has a few factors which make it impressive such as it's massive size and interesting history. Korea is small and it's history doesn't seem as fascinating as it's neighbours. But I guess you're referring to Korea's economic development. That's the one thing I think is cool -- South Korea rose from being one of the poorest countries in the world to a developed, high-income country in just one generation.

What's living in Korea like?

obviously not as bad compared to 3rd world counties but all developed counties in asia suck for under educated working class because they dont possess a lot of natural resources, their prosperity relies on technology/business sector, both of which are highly dependent on western counties granting them market access without protectionism, the moment they lose tech edge or political turmoil disrupts globalised economy, they revert to poor shit holes. Same reason why they have to work extra hard compared to western counties, they need to maintain tech/education edge to survive, Taiwan and to a lesser extent Japan's economy stagnated in the last 2 decades because Korea was gaining market share in electronics/cars/other engineering stuff, to maintain where they are, koreans need to keep working extra hard like robots, theres no end to the suffering

Bump

i think the question has been answered tho.

I don't see the big deal with them too. Their flag is cool though. Seoul is one of the ugliest first world cities I've ever seen

>Their flag is cool though.
Really? I always thought their flag looked like a Pepsi Yin Yang.

>Seoul is one of the ugliest first world cities I've ever seen
What's it look like?

ORIGINAL YIN YANG DO NOT STEAL

No SeOUL

On the world map of Pyongyang Olympic Official HP that Japan dosen't display.
It is not considered a simple error that the neighboring country is erased.

>no new zealand

Eye of sauron.

Nobody cares about their economy. If country is a cultural desert (and SK it exactly that) I won't like it despite it's high GDP growth or other meaningless econometric statistics. Just look at Japan: people love its culture while its economy is stagnating for last 20 years.

As an Australian I'd say culture is pretty irrelevant compared to the economy when it comes to quality of life

It matters if you live in that country. But why should rich but cultureless country interest me if I don't plan to move there?

T.zainichi

We are overrated? Maybe in internet world, but CUNT, we are irrelevant and is not well-known to people irl.
Ask your parents what they know about South Korea, NOTHING.
And about living quality in here. It's OK, I never studied 17 hours in school, Some kids in gangnam districts do, but that's a very upper class wealthy area.
a special case. those are the ones you see in "korean kids study to death durr hurr" online articles,videos or something.
I graduated community 2 year course community college and work 40 hrs/week, earning $2500/m. Very basic work and im happy with my life.
Cost of living here is quite low as well compared to countries like Japan or AUS,HK etc

I guess you're over 35 years old. You're talking about anime, but for millennials K-pop is their new anime.

>asians in general seem to be horrible people
that's exactly what I think about Europeans too

It's just the new Japan. Give it two or three years and people will go off of it.

Are South Koreans racist?

Actually, I'm not even over 30 yet. Thing is, I was not talking only about anime. Japan has world class cinema, music (including more sophisitcated forms than J-pop), great literature including even Nobel laureates, rich history and extremely popular and renowned traditional culture. The only Asian country able to compete with them could be China but unfortunately commies ruined its culture forever.

Koreans are growing food here. Based koreans. I steal their food from the nearest korean farm, but the head farmer doesn't mind. he understand. good ppl.

How come you have the internet but nothing to eat?

shitposting is a human right. food isnt.

Yes vely lacist

That's why human rights in their current form are meaningless and should be abolished. Basic things like food and shelter are more important and should be universally provided before that.

전문대만 나가도 들어갈 수 있음 주 40시간 월 300만 주는 직장이 있냐? ㄷㄷㄷ;;;

It's opposite

들어갈 수 있는
오타 났네

... and this is why Russia has always been and always will be a shithole

Still better than be a country without culture. Where is your equivalent to our Dostoevsky, gook?

I got my nosejob in Seoul and that was nice I guess

History and culture won't fill your pockets and feed you.

This!That's what South Korea is Worth for Word's best plastic surgeries.

How does Doestowatsit actually change your personal life though? And I can read his books here in Korea even translated into Korean.

So I don't see how him being born in your country puts you ahead. Not even saying Korea is a great place to live (it isn't) but some guy writing edgy novels 100 years ago on your piece of dirt doesn't do much for you.

Korea is to the 2010's what Japan was in the 90's.

People are obsessed with Korea because they are stupid and believe media.

They see K-Pop stars and K-Drama and believe life there is as glamorous as that.

I've talked to many South Koreans while traveling the world, none of them seemed very happy about living there. The country is quite bland, the people uninteresting.

Economical and social problems brewing and a war could break out at any moment and ruin everything they have built in the last years.

this is the reason why we say you have no culture if you believe writing masterpieces are irrelevant, get stick to boreball and amerifart pop

And all the money in the world won't fill the void in your soul if you ever try to become perfect homo economicus.
Translation is better than nothing but people still learn Russian only to read our classics.

I think Korea is pretty underrated desu.

Their growth is stagnant but their living standards keep increasing

Lai Đại Hàn
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lai_Đại_Hàn
List of massacres in Vietnam
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Vietnam

I'm quite fond of their sex toys, but compared to Japan they're simply boring

if it wasn't for k-pop nobody would care

Lovely place to live mate. I'd also be bitter if I lived in Sweden desu

Kimchi is the best. At least they don't make shitty "curry" like the Japanese.

>glorified s.korea for the longest time excitedly anticipating the first time I would eat kimchi
>closely followed the hottest kpop groups
>researched korean sociology and learnt how to read hangul
>take my first bite of kimchi after years of anticipation
>it fucking tastes like pickles

Geez, say that to India lol

It's like Singapore and Hong Kong.

Expats like living there and have quite a good standard of living but locals don't live like expats.

So, that's how locals are saying it's shit but expats are saying 'Oh, it's alright actually'. (and that's why most of rich Koreans do live in Korea but with foreign passport.)

Tbqh, the best Asian country for locals will be either UAE or Qatar, mb Kuwait. I think these people have it even better than most Westerners.

I would personally live there as an expat but never as a citizen.

T. Korean

convert to islam

>this drives the whitu piggu away

Gulf countries treat their fellow Muslims like Bangladeshi and Pakistani like slaves. Unless you are born as a citizen, there is no way to get gibs there. Yet still low tax there. So would love to work there for a few years to make $$

You take that back right now mister.

Japan had barely any distinct traditional culture, most of it was borrowed from Chinese and Korean culture. The only significant advantage Japan had over Korea in terms of 'traditional culture' is the flourishing of a popular visual culture in the 19th century, which is what is so well known in the west, and which actually accounts for little of the total Japanese culture, most of which is borrowed from Chinese and Korean culture (look at serious, non mass produced paintings from the same period, they are directly and completely imitative of Chinese painting). The 20th century literature and film that you are talking about was not better than its other Asian counterparts, just more well known as there has been more Japanese cultural exports than other Asian countries due to it began trading with Europe in Meiji era. Korea has a great and internationally recognized film industry as well as a plenty of worthy classics of 20h century literature (which are less known than Japan because of lack of foreign interest in Korea prior to the past couple of decades). In short, kill yourself, you pathetic weeb.

Calm down Kim

this

its futile, we're on Sup Forums so there will always be hordes of braindead weeb white nationalists ready to defend le honorary aryans