/cfb/ - obligatory not back edition

RECAP
>WAR EAGLE WOO raises incidents of domestic violence in Alabama by 20%
>ACC CG to be contested between a team that lost to Syracuse and a team that lost to Pitt
>Wisconsin and UCF stay perfect
>tOSU squeaks by John O’Korn and bitches about their glass QB running into a camera
>Memefield shits on WVU
>Oregon hangs 52 on Oregon State in the first half
>Bart Berliner gets canned while walking off the field
>Mike Riley already en route back to Cornwallis
>a fucking tree booty blasts the booty blasters
>not back

>Friday, 8:00 EST
Pac-12 Championship Game: Stanford (9-3) vs. USC (10-2) (USC won regular season matchup 42-24)

>noon EST
American Championship Game: Memphis (11-1) vs. UCF (11-0) (UCF won regular season matchup 40-13)
C-USA Championship Game: North Texas (9-3) vs. FAU (9-3) (FAU won regular season matchup 69-31)
MAC Championship Game: Akron (7-5) vs. Toledo (10-2) (Toledo won regular season matchup 48-21)

>12:30 EST
Big 12 Championship Game: TCU (10-2) vs. Oklahoma (11-1) (OU won regular season matchup 38-20)

>4:00 EST
SEC Championship Game: Georgia (11-1) vs. Auburn (10-2) (Auburn won regular season matchup 40-17)

>8:00 EST
ACC Championship Game: Da U (11-1) vs. Clemson (11-1) (Clemson won 2015’s matchup 58-0)
B1G Championship Game: Ohio State (10-2) vs. Wisconsin (12-0) (tOSU won last year’s matchup 30-23 in OT)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AriWasserman
sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
ketv.com/article/espns-chris-fowler-nebraska-to-land-scott-frost-deal-done-for-awhile/13929541
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heisman_Trophy_winners#Trophies_won_by_school
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS#Poll_era_national_championships_by_school_.281936.E2.80.93present.29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Jimbo to Aggieland.

Daily reminder Georgia is going to destroy Auburn this weekend. Go Dawgs.

>tfw white coach again

It sure sounds like twitter trolls are the ones driving the search at this point for Tennessee.

nth for jake bentley playing the worst game of his career on the biggest stage

Tennessee will back off Schiano and hire Bret Bielema instead

I need to go start reading a USC forum and see the meltdown and the justifications on how "it's ok, it's ok" lol

>Tennessee will back off Schiano

it's confirmed dead at this point

Oh god make it happen.

>let's get rid of our shitty NC-winning coach
Auburn-tier logic. Plus it's less of FSU canning him than Jimbo leaving for greener pastures at this point

maybe not Bielema, but Currie is definitely going to punish UT fans for this if he doesn't get canned himself for this shit show

clay travis didn't even go to Tennessee

Haslem owns Browns who have sucked forever, is involved in this dumpster fire at tenn and is college buds with Bob Forget who routinely gets btfo by Trump and is resigning cuz Tennessee doesn't like him anymore. The Haslem rot is bad...tenn needs to hire a firm to do the coaching search

so Tennessee won't hire Schiano because he might've allowed a man to rape children

but he continues to be the head coach of ohio state

holy fuck they deserve as much

>but he continues to be the head coach of ohio state

user

Kubiak to aTm would be interesting. He's an aTm grad (played QB at aTm and got drafted), began his coaching career at aTm and is currently the senior personnel advisor for the Denver Broncos

So? He's a lawyer. Vanderbilt to George Washington was the better choice. Doesn't mean he can't be a fan

the haslems are the most successful people associated with that backwater university

Jimbo will never sniff another national championship. His current one was just a fluke because he landed Jameis and a dream team. Why do you idiots rate him? he suuuccks

they deserve everything they get

He would make for an excellent OC, especially given Starkel's potential. Don't think he would take a pay cut tho

>but he continues to be the head coach of ohio state

Of the SEC's 12 highest-paid coaches from two seasons ago, only two are still at the same school: Saban, Malzahn

imagine being this much of a dumb keyboard monkey. it's completely unreasonable to win national championships every year, unless you are maybe Bama, but he is clear upgrade for A&M

If Malzahn had lost to Alabama he'd probably be headed out too.

So, does Texas A&M think they are like some major power in college football? They are, and pretty much always have been, a perennial mid tier team. Why would you fire Sumlin?

meme school

Ohio State beat writer stepping up to bat for Schiano:

twitter.com/AriWasserman

Ari WassermanVerified account @AriWasserman
5m5 minutes ago

If Tennessee fans don't want a college coach who has never failed at this level, WON AT RUTGERS, and coached under Urban Meyer for the last two years, there's no hope in Knoxville.

i've already gone thru that schedule and showed how shitty Jimbo did. What exactly impressed you He suuuuucks. Look at each season. he's terrible

It's at the stage where the black coach tries to hang onto his job by claiming racism. It has gotten toxic.

i mean, there is nothing wrong with trying to become an elite level program

they have some of the tools to do so, remember the thirteen years bama had before saban arrived?

He had an utterly mediocre record and was completely shunned and RUNNOFT from the NFL for being an idiot.

Bama was a sleeping blueblood

Heard it hear first

Shitano will back out
UT signs Neal Brown

Oregon State hires Jeff Monken

Arkansas hires mike Norvell

Nebraska hires Scott Frost

Ole Miss hires Seth Littrell from North Texas

Georgia Southern hires Steve Campbell from Central Arkansas

aTm has risen to Major Power status in recent history. You just haven't been paying attention

No but the potential that came with out move to the SEC has been utterly wasted because of swagfag Sumlin. He would recruit well then literally make no effort to develop his players. Add on his inability to handle internal conflicts (leading to the transfers of two highly rated QBs) and coaching tree retardation, the choice was obvious to cut him. I don't understand why people think an 8-4 ceiling is considered pretty good when you pump in crazy money for facilities and a stadium, only to get cucked in November

Why are there so many media people sticking their neck out for this guy?

literally 20 different schools are sleeping blue bloods and aTm is one of them

> Seth Littrell
I have not even heard that name mentioned for OM. At this point it looks like OM will retain Matt Luke. Probably because the NCAA is going to wreck them this week.

Don't try to reason with /cfb/. In their mindset, bottom feeders cannot make gains and bluebloods have literally always been elite

it's all that arab oil and cia money stashed at the school that makes them competitive

Bama had a track record but was mediocre for those pre Saban years. aTm is just a meme that was hot for the year Johnny Football was around

it's crazy all the TN politicians coming out against Schiano to win votes

guess so, if you are not alabama why even bother scheduling games?

Possible.

It's hard to call this year. With coaches voluntarily wanting to leave. Like Jimbo if it's true. Or Malzahn.

Scott Frost will stay in UCF

UCF Boosters and Alumni are giving him 10mil

sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

aTm is as much a sleeping giant as anyone

What if theres a Hollywood style system of child molestation deep in the bowels of high level college football

ketv.com/article/espns-chris-fowler-nebraska-to-land-scott-frost-deal-done-for-awhile/13929541

Gruden to Tennessee at the 11th hour. Reports are Gruden on a flirght to Knoxville. Don't @ me

>UCF Boosters and Alumni are giving him 10mil
wew lad hope he doesn't have an insane buyout when he does eventually get poached

honestly wouldn't be surprised, any time there's big money involved people start getting corrupt

>implying Tennessee isn't going to hire Jeff Fisher

Gruden get's paid an absurd amount of money to do next to no work. Why would he leave that job to a job that he's never done before.

No, TAMU has not. TAMU has potential and has, historically, shown glimpses that they can be a temporary major power, but is not a major power at all currently.

MSU fans are mad. Their AD leaves for FL and a year later comes back and takes their coach to FL too. And he's a Miss State alum LOL

Some people think he's feeling insecure about his job since rumor is ESPN wants to can MNF. But even if so I think if he can't get another gig in broadcasting he'd be more likely to find something in the NFL than go back to college, especially Tennessee which is no less high-pressure than the NFL and a level he hasn't coached at since the early 90s.

ESPN is dying and Gruden has to do something on finding a job to hold him for the future. Tennessee, Florida State and other jobs could give him the long run.

I just made this joke lmao bud

Fucking lol.

Schiano is a piece of shit coach without involving Sandusky

aTm is definitely a Major Power. You're delusional if you think otherwise. aTm is basically a richer, better funded Ohio State in a better area for recruiting

>sleeping blueblood

wtf is this gay meme? there's no such thing as a "sleeping blueblood."

there are 5 undeniable bluebloods
>Notre Dame
>USC
>Alabama
>Oklahoma
>Ohio St

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heisman_Trophy_winners#Trophies_won_by_school
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS#Poll_era_national_championships_by_school_.281936.E2.80.93present.29

that's it.

ya ya ya, penn st., texas, michigan, nebraska, miami, fsu. ALL TIER 2

Miss St.-Florida has potential to become a huge rivalry in college sports

The Betrayal Game sounds nice for college football

>Implying they won't hire Bill Belicheck

A sleeping blueblood is when one of those 5 teams sucks for almost a decade

that's what's so funny about this

She’s got a point. Dude teabagged a female trainer and never once owned up to it.

Goddamn, Aggies are still the most delusional fanbase. TAMU hasn't even been the most consistent team in the state during their so-called "Major Power" years - it's been TCU

delet this
nobody's supposed to know

Why would gruden go coach college ball when he would have multiple NFL teams fighting over him? I can't imagine Tennessee would pay him more than Tampa/Chicago/indy would to get him back in the nfl

Remember when he said that his kicker who had MRSA had recovered and then the kicker's wife showed a picture of that being bullshit
Remember how many players hate him
Remember how Peyton Manning hates him because his teams charged at kneeling QBs?

>900 wins
>highest winning percentage of all time
>not a blue blood
Ohio education everyone

Republipedos are saving face for the inevitable asskicking the Demoshits are gonna give them till December and 2018.

Sup Forums is about to have a rude awakening

Michigan is a blue blood

College bro jokes =\= watching children get raped and saying nothing

Not that it wouldn't be different, but distraction from the matter at hand to bring it up now just to discredit people's anger.

I'm not an Aggie fan, just lived in Texas when i was young (and i like Texas better). But fuck, if you can't see that aTm is a Major Power now then you are either blind or totally delusional. Everyone knows this. You hear all the talking heads taking about it all the time. You can stick your head in the sand and go LA LA LA and pretend this isn't reality but it is

>it's been TCU
Surely you can't be serious. If you honestly think TAMU is a meme then go on to praise TCU, who had been literally Miss. State level of irrelevance for most its history, then you are the most delusional here.

So some random literal who sports broadcaster from Texas just scooped everyone on Jimbo to aTm, and hours later nobody can confirm it? Consider me skeptical.

America should just legalize pedophilia at this point.

Yea dont know about that m8

More credible people thought Jimbo was confirmed for LSU

Been away for an hour or eating dinner with my wife. What's the deal with this $20 million to buy out Schiano? He signed a contract already?

>Greg "White as a Ghost" Schiano
>Oh shit Sandusky just took that kid into the shower but this week is Michigan week so nvm

Feldman just confirmed jumbo to a&m

wait till next 20-30 years user

the Jimbo to aTm news has been going on all over for like 2 weeks now

s-so do you guys think we'll get sumlin?

TAMU has had a single 10 win season since 2012, and, gasp, that happened in 2012. Meanwhile, TCU just had their 3rd since 2012. Going back to 2005, TCU has had 9 10 win seasons,while TAMU has had... 1.

Stay delusional, Aggies.

It stated after L'ville lost and the fan incident.

no, LSU just asked how much he wanted and said NOPE. Too much for a scrub. No idea why aTm wants to throw alll this cash at him. Dude isn't worth it. Only positives of Jimbo are:
>Championship Ring (not a lot of coaches have that, and that helps recruiting)
>good recruiter (but those are a dime a dozen)
>has good track record of landing good QBs until now

Those are some nice pros but are heavily outweighed by his cons, which are he is not a good football coach

When Jimbo went totally apeshit on that FSU fan? No that was a looong time ago. Jimbo to aTm broke like 2 weeks ago

I've seen it posted elsewhere, but I've yet to see a credible source for it
I really, really hope it's true

So allegedly Schiano has already signed a contract that has a $20 mil buyout and now Tennessee wants out after the backlash?

This was a rumor/still is a rumor. More recently there are rumors saying that the only part signed was a clause and not the deal itself, so TN may not have to pay a buyout.

A Clay Travis led VolTwitter revolt just put the brakes on what was a sure deal with Schiano. Amazing.