The Great Debate

Which was better?

The Thing, barely

Both are overrated shit

Wow you're so cool I wish my opinions where this edgy.

Kill yourself you fucking faggot.

Aliens > The Thing (1982) > Alien >The Thing (2011) > Anything else with Alien

Thing has better creature effects, Alien has better set design-- or rather, cooler; Thing's sets are perfectly good, it's just a comparatively mundane location that doesn't allow for their same inventiveness.

Both have great scores and solid direction, and similar paranoid moods. Whichever edges the other out, it's a close contest.

>Aliens > Alien
Your opinion is objectively wrong

And you are just agreeing with the aristocracy of Sup Forums.

Whatever, plebs, enjoy your shit movies and shit taste.

The thing > Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 > The thing 2011 > Prometheus > Alien Resurrection.

>Aliens
I think you messed up because this is in front.

Alien Resurrection has the blind basketball shot. Prometheus has no redeeming value. Therefore Alien Resurrection is better.

>Admitting to being a contrarian

Regardless of Scott's fimography, Cameron couldn't direct his way out of a corridor with doors on either end.

Aliens is just a jerk off session for Cameron's recurring failure to induce any emotion whatsoever, be it fear, sadness, or even elation. I can't deny Cameron's passion, but I just can't really see what he sees in his own projects.

I've heard people say that Scott should be a set designer, which has merit when you look at certain projects (namely Blade Runner), but I can't say Cameron is worth anymore than just a groupie obsessed with the process of filmmaking, whose films would be better in almost anybody else's hands.

tl;dr 'no'

As a movie the thing was better but as a creature the xenomorph is way scarier.

Prometheus has David tho. I was pretty 50/50 on that one, but I'm beginning to think you're right. The cheese is too powerful in Resurrection.

Box office disagrees with you. Compare Cameron to Scott and it is no contest.

>Box office
What a pleb

The Thing

Scott only directed three good movies (Alien, Blade Runner, Thelma and Louise). Cameron is obviously better.

That is my point. You people are the aristocracy . Box office shows the proletariat view.

Cameron only directed no good movies.

I like his cinematic documentaries, if only because they feature people and not exaggerated, stereotypical and infinitely recurring archetypes of people.

Makes me wish Cameron would get a screenwriter.

Since when was the proles' opinion relevant. I wish we could kill off social media for good so the proles and their shitty opinions were back in the gutter where they belonged and the elite could work together to bring the world forward.

The """"""proletariat"""""" has shit taste

>mfw Harvest Moon/Rune Factory have shit artists and ingame graphics but absolutely boner-inducing fan art

Alien is a horror film
Aliens is an action movie
Of course they have different public
What's so difficult to understand

Depends on my mood. There are few things comfier than snuggling up in a blanket and watching the thing on a snowy winter day and watch on most days in general, but Alien feels like the better movie, so