How are the first 3 Hellraiser movies?

How are the first 3 Hellraiser movies?

Garbage movies for garbage people.

Good
Bad
Awful

Should be right up Sup Forumss alley

1 and 2 are good. 3 is super unwatchable.

Better than the next 3.

I always have a soft spot for part 3.

Not a fan of the straight to DVD sequels where everything is "twisty"

Hellraiser - very good body horror kino

Hellraiser 2 - expands on the first in interesting ways

Hellraiser 3 - it's the last good one

Hellraiser 4 - why are they in space

Hellraiser 5 - this is a detective movie

Hellraiser 6- BAD MOVIE that connects to the first two movies

Hellraiser 7 - euro trash

Hellraiser 8 - almost self parody

Hellraiser 9 - >:(

top to bottom

eternal powergap

not watching the rest

3's that bad, huh?

Theres' a thrift store near me that has a box set of the first 4 Hellraiser movies on VHS. I sort of want to buy it for the camp appeal.

The best ones are where The Cenobites are a sub-plot which is why 1 and 5 are so good. 3 was bad in the 90s and I can't see it aging well.

sorry, meant to reply to

1 and 2 are in a similar vein, establishing a world with rules. 3 starts to go off piste and is very 90s. Better effects and it attempts to follow 2, with its Pinhead being seperated from the human host at the end of 2. But it's a bit all over the place.

The series needs to go back to formula if it's to continue. Barker wants to do another but he's getting old and Legendary have a death grip on the license.

4 (Bloodline) is worth a watch just for the cheese, and 5 (Inferno) is just like a story of one hapless box user, removed from the main mythology. The rest are dogshit, the last one, Revelations, is dogshit injected directly into your eyeballs, scalding hot.

Pretty much this

Fpbp

The lads claim 5 is top notch was they being legit or pulling me plonker

Remember when Freddy vs Jason was gonna end with them going to hell and being greeted by Pinhead?

I loved them as a teenager, especially 2.
3 has some great tits

>Hellraiser - very good body horror kino
Correct.
>Hellraiser 2 - expands on the first in interesting ways
Correct.
>Hellraiser 3 - it's the last good one
Objectively wrong. Turning Cenobites from BDSM other dimensional explorers to literally demons from hell bent on conquering the world was the beginning of the end for the franchise and marked the last time any studio would allow them a theatrical release.
>Hellraiser 4 - why are they in space
Correct. Shitty film building on the premise of the third with outer space demon politics.
>Hellraiser 5 - this is a detective movie
Correct. Better than 3 or 4, barely a Hellraiser movie though.
>Hellraiser 6- BAD MOVIE that connects to the first two movies
GOOD MOVIE that should be seen as the end of the trilogy. 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 don't exist. Only Hellraisers 1, 2 and 6. Most Hellraiser enthusiasts mark this as the only good latter-entry title.
>Hellraiser 7 - euro trash
Correct. See 5.
>Hellraiser 8 - almost self parody
Correct. See 5.
>Hellraiser 9 - >:(
Correct.

Yeah, fun times

Or, if you aren't clinically retarded, you could just pirate all of them. You know, rather than waste hard earned money on a bunch of outdated trash that someone else failed to throw away properly.

a good movie >>>>>>>>>>>Hellriser1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest hellriser movie

Hellraiser 1 is good and a fine adaptation of The Hellbound Heart. Second one was interesting but was the beginning the "they're really from Hell" shit that would taint the series and even Clive Barker's book sequel.

What everyone else is saying. 1 and 2 are good, you can forget about everything after that.

I've heard some people say 2 should be ignored too, but I'll go to bat for 2. It expanded on established rules in a good way, and didn't outright rape existing character motivations.

I sell weed to white bois. My money is not "hard earned"