How is the term "people of colour" any different from "coloured (people)"?

How is the term "people of colour" any different from "coloured (people)"?

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzfeed.com/bimadewunmi/coloured-is-not-the-same-as-people-of-colour?utm_term=.paEGE5vRK#.xrrExl4A2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

at least you don't have them. I'd rather be around asians than blacks any day of the week, euphemism treadmill aside.

It's not, you'd have to be extremely dumb to think so, but I think that "colored people" was used during a time that blacks were discriminated against and thus it has a bad stigma to it.

if blacks weren't poor and affected by drug use, they would be pleasant people

>if blacks weren't poor and affected by drug use, they would be pleasant people
ok

No matter what you call blacks, the word always ends up being a slur.

it's like when the baboons heard the word nigardly and got all in your face and sheet. they didn't know the word. KEK.

10/10. omg that's actually true.

The nasty niggers don't understand words very well. That leads to much confusion.

Just take their names for instance -- 137 different variation of the spelling of Erika.

my skin is brown, yours is pinkish

we are all coloured people

for you

thx

t. mex intellectual

build that wall pedro

no, they really wouldn't, and you would know this if you ever lived in the south.

Shiiiet I think I might know.

"Colored people" puts the word colored first and SJWs don't want that to be the first thing people notice whereas ""people" of color" puts people/person first above colored, as in they are "people" like us above all else first.

Most of them seem pretty obsessed with muh Africa, so why dont they use African names?

It's no different but "colored people" had been demonized enough to the point of no return but the chimps needed a name to include everyone but white. As the chimps at the blm meeting were scratching their heads Shekel McSheckelburg strolled by and suggested "people of color" that will be five shekels please. The chimps, now armed with their new slogan got on their hoverboards and rode off into the sunset.

Here I have some wall building materials for you.

My sides kek

Any word used to describe a negative thing, like retards, cripples, jews, and niggers, will eventually take on a negative connotation. By making the word cumbersome and something that only faggots would say, it prevents the word from being used disparagingly.

"People-First Language"

Basically 'it's not offensive because we emphasize the person first'.

>Most of them seem pretty obsessed with muh Africa, so why dont they use African names?

Because as Patrice O'Neal has pointed out: They make fun of each other for it.

I once had an African substitute teacher and all the blacks mocked his accent.

It isn't, it's just a cointelpro joke being played on these idiots.

>mfw Greek
>mfw PoC

Feels good man. I can never be racist like dumb Sup Forumsniggers.

>How is the term "people of colour" any different from "coloured (people)"?
It sounds more sophisticated and respectful to superficially-educated non-intellectual people.

>I can never be racist like dumb Sup Forumsniggers.
anyone can be racist, wtf are you on about? you sound like Katie Mehlua ffs

way to bin that knife m8

How is black a colour? I thought that black and white television was without colour.

Erika is an Aryan Germanic name.

Then wouldn't you just say "people", and end it there, since that's supposed to be more important?

"People of Color" means everybody except white people. Think about the connotations here. It's a group of people that is the entire world, just minus one group. It's a point of solidarity for them, and it puts white people right where the merchants want them.

"People of Color" is better than "Colored People" because that's the term they are telling us to use. You wouldn't want to use any language that goes against the master plan, would you goyim?

buzzfeed.com/bimadewunmi/coloured-is-not-the-same-as-people-of-colour?utm_term=.paEGE5vRK#.xrrExl4A2

my brain hurts

It emphasizes their cultural enrichment and words it in an endearing way that hints towards the white womans place on her knees infront of the superior bbc

How is the term "faggotshit" an accurate description of people who make slide threads?

they change what they're referred to every 20 years or so after they inevitably taint the term

The perfect comic for this thread. Keep in mind this is from 1988.

It's not any different niggers are just stupid.

White people have color too, bigot. Red when flustered/angry, blue/purple when cold or sick; green when infected with gangrene, orange in the sun, etc.

Just call them niggers

>How is the term "people of colour" any different from "coloured (people)"?

Mfw..Don't want to be called black, call them selves colored

Midgets>

Any term can become derogatory depending on how it's used. If we start to simply call them "people" with an inflection of obvious animosity, they'll eventually loath being referred to as people.

People of colour implies they own the colour

Coloured people implies the colour owns them.

It's subtle. It's designed to make you pass empowerment over to others