So much wasted potential

So much wasted potential

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=66cIeb_nNO4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dM6XTr3s4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anyone?

First part was great. Second part was good. Third part was okay.

Really wish the story focused on the drug dealer character and the relationship between him and his gay son like figure.

>Really wish the story focused on the drug dealer character
where the fuck did he even go? He was the most interesting character in the film.

u wanted to see lil nigga get buttfucked didnt u

Best film of the past 2 years easily.

First part was absolutley fantastic.

He died. They mentioned his funeral.

he clearly died or ended up in jail somehow

He literally died off screen. It was mentioned in maybe 2 lines of passing dialogue. It's my biggest problem with the film.

he died, that's why he wasn't around for the second act

well fuck me

First part was good because it was the longest and developed things well. Second wasn't long enough. Third part was the best, but should've ended with sex like in the script.

Why was his mom such a fucking cunt to the drug dealer?

the drug dealer was good but I don't think his performance deserved an Oscar.

He died, which was a major catalyst to Black becoming a sort of mimic of him. Black never really developed the confidence to be himself, and the one man who showed him love and guidance passed away early on in his life; rather than becoming his own person, he turned into a reflection of the strength he saw in Juan

He did, his character was what made the movie work.

Because she was a cunt. No really, she was clearly just a shitty person and was jealous of the relationship Juan was forming with her son. I don't think she really loved Black that much at all because he was gay, that's why it was so difficult for him to see her be all apologetic at the end of the movie.

What's a faggot?

The Wong Kar-Wai influence is so evident, but the movie never shows a fraction of his substance. It's sentimental but never affecting, stylish but never arresting, and the interesting choices never really go anywhere. La La Land was better, but Nocturnal Animals was the superior Hollywood movie of the year. Best movie of the year, including filthy foreigners, is certainly The Handmaiden.

I don't think we spent enough time with him and the kid to actually care about their relationship and the lasting effect he had on the kid. I think the second act is what stays with people after viewing.

youtube.com/watch?v=66cIeb_nNO4

kek

>La la land was better

La la land is the definition of style over substance. The scene where goose is fired on christmas and jk simmons replies "I know, I see the decorations" was the moment I knew I was going into a quip fest of detached cynicism.
The dishonest meme is too real.

In act 1 the boy is like 6 and in act 2he's in his late teens. It is safe to assume that they both spent at least several years forming a bond, which is why Teresa still lets him sleep over and gives him money since he sorta became family.

>La La Land was better
yikes user

i dont watch movies about niggers
watse of time

>safe to assume
A plot that requires assumptions is a terrible plot. Make it certain. Keep it subtle, but make it certain.

>La La Land was better
Stopped reading here.

what is this movie about. heard about it for the first time at the oscars

It's pretty much Boyhood: gay black edition.

sounds baller. I was one of the few who actually liked boyhood.

It's good, but it has all the flaws of Boyhood.

After Affirmative Action, I was under the impression that blacks have no potential to speak of.

Sup Forums, how would you rate Moonlight?

(1) Movie,

(2) Film, or

(3) Cinema.

7.5/10

>Best film of the past 2 years easily.
You can't be serious.

Just got done watching this. Absolute kino. I actually can't believe it won Best Picture. It seems too subdued and grounded in comparison to what the Academy usually goes for.

Boyhood was fucking garbage

It's the best best picture winner since No Country for Old Men.

Fuck Birdman and everyone who likes this pretentious garbage.

what are the flaws of boyhood?

I am asking for my objective valuation of visual entertainment catalogue. Therefore, 7.5/10 does not assist me. Rate it correctly, as asked.

How did she know he was gay when he was like 8 years old?

>It's the best best picture winner since No Country for Old Men
Definitely, but I do have a huge soft spot for Slumdog Millionaire.

part one
>film
part two
>kino
part three
>flick
I just wasn't all into part 3, I liked the scene between Black and his mother, but that's about it

>best Best Picture winner since No Country
That's not a high bar at all. Each and every one of them have been unremarkable.

It's very stereotypical. Mason isn't really a character but a collection of stereotypes about white middle-class kids. It's similar with Moonlight, where main character's life is also built on cliches about poor black kids.

Are you fucking serious?
>mediocre to poor performances from literally everybody except Hawke (and this is nowhere near his best work)
>no coherent thematic threads (aside from vaguely political ones that were outdated by the time of the movie's release) running throughout the film, it's literally just a dramatized flick about somebody's Boyhood™ (and a pretty faggy one at that)
>the cinematography is passable at best, completely devoid of any artistic merit whatsoever
But DUDE THE ACTORS ACTUALLY AGED LMAO

Same thing with all movies like this. City of God was the same way.

>the cinematography is passable at best, completely devoid of any artistic merit whatsoever
This applies to Moonlight too aside from the meme shot of the guy holding him in the water, and the closing shot.

>It's the best best picture winner since No Country for Old Men.
I don't agree or disagree, but I enjoyed Birdman.
Can't understand the hype for Moonlight at all though.
There's a lot that could've been explored in a movie about black masculinity, but Moonlight glossed over all of it.
And Chiron was such a boring character. Juan was great, Kevin was great, Chiron was just there. Fantastic casting though.

What was wrong with part 3? I thought it was a good way to portray the evolution of the identity he's taken up following part 2. I didn't think it was all that realistic that he suddenly became a giganigga who looked like a professional bodybuilder but his actual evolution was well done.

I haven't seen Moonlight, is it literally Boyhood with niggers?

>This applies to Moonlight too
NOPE. Barry Jenkins deserved the best director award, say what you want about Moonlight (I didn't even really like it), but it was gorgeous.

No sane man can actually watch Moonlight and think the cinematography is anything but incredible right?

The cinematography in Moonlight was damn great, pleb.

>the meme shot
It's a great shot you dweeb. The whole film is beautiful.

Return to Reddit.

It's a meme shot because the guy has no reason to hold some kid that he just met like that in the water. It's creepy, and not something people do to begin with. The shot was only there for promotional purposes and to make the film look deep.

But it was Best Picture. The Academy said so...

The Academy also chose Argo over Les Miserables.

SO? Most directors go to films, rather than film school these days.

>Loving No Country for Old Men and Moonlight

Now I know for certain you're a pleb.

>loving The Umbrellas of Cherbourg for Millennials
Now I know for certain you're a Reddit.

>dishonest
idk why sub 100 iq posters keep parroting this meme.

What's your point?

>Not liking Demy.

The Brita filter for plebs.

If you look at every Best Picture winner, theres always a film critically better than it every year.

This year was so weak a musical could've won it.

Moonlight was most definitely the best film of the year because of the other weak competition.

Is this actually true? I know many of the big names like Tarantino, Fincher, PTA never went.

I didn't mean that. I liked The Umbrellas, La La Land was like a shitty version of it.

So much wasted potential.

Cherbourg isn't even a musical

Film

The fuck it is then? They sing all the time in that movie.

what did kanye have to say about the movie?

so how do you guys think Juan died?

I believe La La Land is the best film released in the past five years. We'll have to agree to disagree, then.

AIDs.

>Cherbourg isn't even a musical

t. the modal Sup Forums poster

I guess you can call it an opera, because they literally sing everything.

They're talk-singing, sort of like an opera, but there's no musical sequences or compositions.

Literally gay nigger faggot from the hood : the motion picture : oscar bait edition

>Third part was the best, but should've ended with sex like in the script.

Why? I'm like Black in that I haven't had a woman I wasn't paying fuck me in like 7 years but these days I find myself longing more for companionship and tenderness than pussy. Sometimes I just want someone to hold me.

they should've at least kissed it was anticlimatic as fuck

I agree with him on everything except Nocturnal Animals which I haven't seen.

>or compositions
Really?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dM6XTr3s4

Boyhood + Niggers + Homosexuality = Moonlight

Sup Forums confirmed for likeing LGBT black faggot all cast done by a muslim director sucking Hollywood dick Sup Forums is really terrible at virtue signalling. No one should ever watch this putrid thing, thank god I'm black and conservative, my kids should never see this pile of shit.

>implying Zero Dark Thirty didn't deserve it

Little was literally and objectively Kanye
>cant unsee

I agree Sup Forums are mostly filled with c.ucks who don't even know what true patrician movies are, probably reddit on steroids

Moonlight is trash and massively overrated.

get that cock out of your mouth before you speak

why does everyone fucking use "virtue signaling" all of a sudden

Probably rich white liberal gays would only watch these regressive left pile of shit, disgusting.

I watched moonlight and it was probably the greatest thing I have ever seen film, great portayal of blacks as it supposed too, gay...

Moonlight is a virtue signal movie chosen by the liberal Hollywood elites, nobody with the sane mind would watch this, unless they are gay or a nigger.

Yes I agree although most of the white racist drumpf haters disliked it stupid Sup Forums morons, they should learn that this movie is a fuck you to DRUMPF FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

Because Leftists have started using literally every opportunity to Virtue Signal in the past 5 years, mostly as a result of Social Media and rapidly increasing Leftist Ideological Puritanism?

What the fuck IS "virtue signaling"?

Moonlight is shit and will always be shit, much more movies can fare better like Straight Up Compton or The Boss by Lena Dunham, fucking pleb suck my nigger gay cock

>everyone
>Sup Forumsshit posters are everyone

Saying you love or hate something to show off what a virtuous person you are, instead of actually trying to fix the problem.

Moonlight was objectively better than all of the other trash noms save for possibly Hacksaw Ridge