Plain lo in the morning

Plain lo in the morning.
Lola in slacks.
Lois Lane. Mmm. Come see the view. Um... Mmm-mmm.
Now the secret to the height is the building material. It's light metals which sway a bit in the wind. Hmm. And you know something about lexcorp metals, don't you, miss Lane?
>I've proven what you've done.
Wow, you're feisty. Unfortunately, that will blow away. Like sand in the desert.
>You're psychotic.
That is a three-syllable word for any thought too big for little minds. Hmm.
Next category: Circles. Round and round and round they go to find superman. Wrong category, boy. No, no, triangles. Yes, euclid's triangle inequality. The shortest distance between any two points is a straight path. And I believe the straightest path to superman is a pretty little road... Mmm. Called Lois Lane.

You came back.
You came back.

Was he sucking on a delicious lozenge the whole time?

He would've made for a great Bond villain
>tfw literally every movie lex Luther just is some wannabe Bond villain

Boy, do we have problems up here! The problem of...Of evil in the world. Uh, the problem of absolute virtue.
>I'll take you in without breaking you. Which is more than you deserve.
The problem of you on top of everything else. You above all. Ah, because that's what god is. Horus. Apollo. Jehovah. Kal-El.
Clark. Joseph. Kent.
See, what we call god depends upon our tribe, Clark-Joe. Because god is tribal. God takes sides. No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations. Mmm. I figured out way back, if god is all-powerful, he cannot be all-good. And if he is all-good, then he cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be. They need to see the fraud you are. With their eyes. The blood on your hands.

>What have you done?
Hmm. And tonight, they will. Yes. Because you, my friend, have a date. Hmm. Across the bay. Ripe fruit, his hate. Two years growing. But it did not take much to push him over, actually. Little red notes, big bang. You let your family die! And now you will fly to him. And you will battle him. To the death. Black and blue. Fight night! The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world. God versus man. Day versus night. Son of Krypton versus bat of Gotham.
>You think I'll fight him for you?
Hmm, yes, I do. I think you will fight-fight-fight for that special lady in your life.
>She's safe on the ground. How about you?
Close, but I am not talking about Lois. No. Every boy's special lady is his mother.
Martha, Martha, Martha.
Hmm.
Why, the mother of a flying demon must be a witch. The punishment for witches, what is that?
That's right.
Death by fire.

>Where is she?
I don't know! I would not let them tell me! Uh-uh-uh! If you kill me, Martha dies. And if you fly away, mmm, Martha also dies. But if you kill the bat... Martha lives.
There we go. There we go. Hmm. And now god bends to my will.
Ooh, now the cameras are waiting at your ship. For the world to see the holes in the holy. Yes, the almighty comes clean about how dirty he is when it counts. To save Martha, bring me the head of the bat.
Mother of god, would you look at the time? When you came here, you had an hour. Now it's less.

Jesse was great in this

Is this from the movie?

Hmm

>He hasn't seen the best kino of 2016

Aquakino is here

absolute fucking travesty that eisenberg didn't win best supporting actor for this role. this scene alone destroys all of the best supporting candidates at the oscars.

fuck this shit

He;d never get it simply because he's in a superhero movie.

I think the biggest tragedy is that this dialogue sounds so shitty on screen when, in actuality, it's absolutely GOAT. And it's not Eisenberg's fault either. It's just the kind of dialogue that you would find in some thematically dense novel that doesn't fuck around with expression through dialogue (e.g. Gravity's Rainbow, Ulysses, parts of Dune, etc.) It's wonderful dialogue, but it's unfilmable because try as Eisenberg might, it just sounds stupid on camera.

We, as a population on this planet, have been looking for a savior.
90% of people believe in a higher power, and every religion believes in some sort of messianic figure. And when this savior character actually comes to earth, we want to make him abide by our rules?
We have to understand that this a paradigm shift. We have to start thinking beyond politics. Are there any moral constraints on this person? We have international law. On this earth, every act is a political act.
Is it really surprising that the most powerful man in the world should be a figure of controversy?
>Uh, to have an individual engaging in these state-level interventions should give us all pause.
Human beings have a horrible track record of following people with great power down paths that led to huge human atrocities. We have always created icons in our own image. What we've done is we project ourselves onto him. The fact is, maybe he's not some sort of devil or Jesus character. Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing.
We're talking about a being whose very existence challenges our own sense of priority in the universe. And you go back to copernicus, where he restored the sun in the center of the known universe, displacing earth. And you get to darwinian evolution, and you find out we're not special on this earth, we're just one among other lifeforms. And now we learn that we're not even special in the entire universe because there is superman. There he is. An alien among us. We're not alone.

didn't sound stupid at me at all. Lex's Facebook / CEO persona was established early in the film at his first introduction at his hip corp hq. It might sound rambling to some but he likes to talk and listen to himself

>not watching Best Film of 2016

Do yourself a favor and watch it, my man.

Are you, as a United States senator, personally comfortable saying to a grieving parent, "superman could have saved your child, but on principle, we did not want him to act"?
>I'm not saying he shouldn't act. I'm saying he shouldn't act unilaterally.
What are we talking about here, then? Must there be a superman?
>There is.

>There is.
What a fucking cop-out

GUYS IT'LL BE A YEAR IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS WHEN BVS WAS SHOWN. CAN WE STOP PRETENDING THIS IS A GOOD MOVIE?

THE MEME HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH C'MON, YOU'RE JUST BAITING OTHER PEOPLE TO WASTE HOURS OF THEIR LIFE IN A SHITTY MOVIE

weak bait

>dat mouth
>dem lips

wtf is wrong with me? i'm straight af but i want to make out with those lips

>Plain lo in the morning.
>Lola in slacks.
What did he mean by this?

>mfw

Why does he quote Lolita? Is he /lit/?

holy shit he's a god.

b-bump