Is this guy the least intelligent character to ever appear on TV?

Is this guy the least intelligent character to ever appear on TV?

no, his boss is

Felix wanted to see what would happen to a certain extent, he was curious and wanted to see the creations free (see parallels with his birdo creation), he sympathized with Maeve

Bane?!

I'm the least intelligent for choosing to watch an entire season of this bullshit

I wish I didn't.

What a fucking horseshit show

No, he just matched wits with a far more intelligent being.

He got played. Hopkins deliberately bugged her code so that she would come across as more real to Felix. You can't get mad at the guy for sympathizing with a robot that displays every indication of being conscious and sentient.

No, the writer is the least intelligent person to have ever worked on TV.

Yeah
He was dumb, but it made sense for his character
He believed the robots were real and that he was helping a real person

Louis CK though, he never that this was wrong and he just impotently bitched every episode he appeared in

It's bad enough to do something stupid but it's worse when you know it's stupid and do it anyways

But hey who cares, it was all scripted by Hannibal Lecter anyways
So they were probably just robots themselves
Who knows when literally everything that happens is a fucking ruse

Remember when everyone was convinced he was going to be a robot to explain how dumb and plot-holey is actions were?

Too bad that didn't happen

this is KINO just like rick and morty

I read somewhere that his character was supposed to be autistic but the casting director fucked up.

Literally tell me why this character existed.
He did nothing

He can code, he's smarter than you

This whole arc was just awful. This character somehow having a job at Westwood despite having a sub 80 IQ. His "friend" who clearly hated his guts but didn't rat him out for god knows what reason. Then there's >tfw too intelligent to be human Maeve who acted like a goddess of cunning and intellect despite only outsmarting a pair of middle school children tier minds.

Why kill him off when they're just gonna bring him back to life in season 2 any way? This show hurts my brain.

You understand he's one of the Hosts, right? It is hinted through out the entire show. This is one of their normal paths they've already went down before. That's why she didn't leave.

Was there anything that happened on the show that wasn't either in the past or pre-programmed by Anthony Hopkins?

Remember when this show got put on hold for rewrites because halfway though filming the season they realized they had no fucking idea what they were doing?

And the saddest thing is that their solution was "A wizard (Anthony Hopkins) did it"

Who, Hopkins? A lot of people knew he'd die from the start. Hopkins is a hardcore movie dude and he doesn't even own a TV and has publicly railed against the medium, like one of the few things he's watched is Breaking Bad. Look at his filmography, it's all television films or a handful of episodes.

Deep

Mae literally tells felix he isn't a robot.

Also you can say that "it made sense for his character" but honestly it doesn't make sense for any thinking person to do what he did. Because it's such an unconventional (and idiotic-seeming) decision, they should've explained IN DETAIL why he came to feel that way. Instead there's just one scene of him fixing a bird robot. The fact that he empathizes with the robots and is cowardly is supposed to explain his entire radical philosophy. You can empathize with robots and still realize the threat they pose to humanity, and any good character would have that nuance built into their personality.

Honestly his choice to free the robots is the sort of choice entire movies have been built around (like ex machina), and the fact that they explain it by saying he is very empathetic is just awful writing. It's really awful writing. Just another horrible character in an entire show of horrible characters and awful writing.

How does Maeve know who is and isn't a roboto?

Maeve was scripted in everything she did
So we cannot know if Felix really was a robot or not

She became a true Daughter of Yakub and could recognize the white man's devil machines

His character is supposed to have Down's Syndrome, hence his extreme gullibility and willingness to help

Producers decided that being Asian is enough though

The writer wrote "mongoloid" and the casting director thought it said "Mongoloid"

>Mae literally tells felix he isn't a robot.

And they established that some robots see other robots as human.

Fuck me user that's too real.

Okay so that just means one of the biggest choices by any character in the show hinges off of a detail that is unexplained, intentionally obfuscated, and unconfirmed. As if that is somehow supposed to be better.

No, it's not better
That whole storyline was such shit, up and down

Not unintelligent, just severely beta.

He had no reason whatsoever to help Maeve in the beginning as she had absolutely no leverage over him. He was in a complete position of power and could have shut her down at any time, but he allowed himself to be seduced and manipulated by Maeve. Granted, the playing field was a bit uneven as she was programmed to be skilled in this way, but he didn't even attempt to put up a struggle like his partner did.

He let himself get played because he's a beta loser

/thread

*bugged his code*