I honestly think Fox should have bumped Logan to October or November. Logan is a contender for best picture...

I honestly think Fox should have bumped Logan to October or November. Logan is a contender for best picture. I'm deadly serious here. it's not just a good superhero movie its a bloody good movie in general. shame the academy will probably ignore it.

Logan and professor x die

Is there hope Jackman will have a cameo in Deadpool 2?

Also, what timeline was Deadpool 1 set in when Deadpool goes to the mansion?

Honestly I haven't seen it but I barely consider that a spoiler cause its pretty obvious it will go that route.

No

And none

just because it has a little girl in it doesn't mean it's best picture Sup Forums

>old man logan
>previews show all x-men are dead
>xavier is dying of a disease
>wolverine looks like hes already dying also
>hugh jackman and captain picards last time playing these characters
>thinks hes spoiling anything

I went in earlier knowing those spoilers and the movie was still mostly enjoyable. Their deaths are fucking brutal though. The entire move was incredibly depressing

To all the John Wick fags.
This is how you do an action movie worth of praise.
The hotel crisis scene was unbelievabely tense and brutal

Just finished watching it and wow. Contender for film of the year easily.

All the upcoming superhero movies are just being shitted out and taken advantage of for profit and meanwhile here's Logan putting a end to the Hugh Jackman chapter of X-Men brilliantly.

Of course all the edgemeisters would ove it

You didn't like it?

infidel !!! infidel !!!

I enjoyed the film however I think they missed an opportunity with the henchmen, they had bionic limbs which didn't really come into play in the film, which made them not as intimidating as they could have been, these henchmen should have had limbs that delivered electric shocks or any number of things to counter the mutants they were after, instead the best they had was a harpoon that is used rarely, the rest of the time they just shoot guns that dont do anything to Logan or Laura, or slowly walk up to Laura in order to be sliced to pieces. I understand that they are an excuse for action scenes but it would have went a long way if the filmakers made them more of a threat.

I dont get why man with bionic arm was invincible til he get children of the corn'd at the very end. Why didnt laura just kill him much sooner?

plot armor. He just so happened to survive all those while everyone else was too focused on running away.

It was odd he survived so long, this guy is one of the main antagonists in the film, and he's not a character who is sitting behind the scenes directing anyone, he's out in the field, directly confronting the main characters, and yet he is completely unintimidating, he has barely anything at his disposal to properly threaten Logan or Laura, it was weird.

i'd say he was just holding the character till that Rice guy showed up, who was really the brains behind it all.

Bretty good movie desu

It was a pretty weak reveal but then again the movie wasn't focusing who the big antagonist was, just what company he belongs to.

I actually loved how it wasn't a typical Capeshit antagonist that wants to 'destroy the world'. He was just a evil dude committed to his job, that once had respect for Logan.

Do i need to watch earlier x men movies for this?

I hope you're joking, because there's literally no chance this movie would ever get nominated for best picture, regardless of when it got released. It was easily the best x-men film, but it's still a 7/0.

Not really, but it'll be pretty unsatisfying if you don't have the history of the characters.

The only thing I didn't see coming was X-24.

That shit came straight out of the left field.

>

Dude they nominated La La Land, cmon

white wifebeater versus black wifebeater,
showdown to end all showdowns!

Anyone feel like Wolverine deserved better than this? I know this was the last time we'd see him, but I feel like he should have gotten some kind of happy ending, even if he was still terminally ill. The dude's whole life has been agony and suffering, often to save other people.

He deserved some happiness before death, even if it was only for a couple of weeks

The movie seems kinda interesting, but earlier movies really don't, most of the time.

I think X-Men 1 would suffice.

Also Wolverine Origins but not too much.

It just made me sad when I realized Jackman was wasted on so many terrible X-Men films, and now he'll never play Wolverine again.

La La Land was more deserving than the other best picture nominations for 2016.

Old Man Logan is a sad comic, I expected this to be grim. But their little happy moment was in that black folks farm - it was little but Charles was happy and it motivated Logan to push thru for x-23's sake

Anyone else look at X24 and kinda saw X-Men Origins Sabertooth in it? I think it was the hair but damn was their match brutal.

I think you could still enjoy it

SPOILERS
This is where I think they went overboard in the farm scene, did we really need another action scene where the whole family gets slaughtered?

Well besides all the notmuhmanlet complaints, it will be sad to see him go, but it is great that he went out with a good character-driven movie.

He got to love his daughter, he got buried in Canada, what more could he want.

>Old Man Logan is a sad comic

I never thought it was said because of how ridiculous everything was presented, every other page was rule of cool and 'betcha didn't see that comin'!".

This to me succeeded where Dark Knight Rises failed to show a hero past their prime and on their last legs.

When did we stop reporting fuckheads like this who post spoilers for no reason other than to be a fuckcake?
It's a violation of the board rules, stop thinking you're a cool kid.

Lmao shut fuck up manchild retard

Still totally expected them to oust Logan once they find out he's a mutant or once his pursuers find the house but I didn't expect a bloodbath. Shit would make him go nuts.

It continues the trend of everyone dying whenever they get chummy with him. I will admit that I saw that one coming.

>pic related was an actual shot

Holy shit cunt how much of a pleb are you

Is it worth a 5 dollar movie ticket? or wait for a cam rip?

the dying dad taking out X-24 then turning the shotgun on Logan was a pretty fucked up scene, you could see in Logan's face that he fet he deserved it

>post yfw D-Daddy...

You're arguing that an x-men movie should be nominated for best picture, you don't get to call other people a pleb.

5 dollar movie. Cam rip is for Origins bootleg copy.

>when laura says "daddy"
got close to losing my shit, but held it in since cinema

I paid 8, go for it.

and boy this movie didn't hold back on what happens when mutant powers meet an R-rating lemme ice that arm for ya, faggot

He wanted it or at least he was too tired to voice something out. It was his fault, and it wasn't his fault. They probably didn't even know that the sniffer mutant was still alive.

I'm arguing that you could have an argument if the nominations of the last years were completely fucking shit.
Yes, Logan is a 7/10 movie and the Academy keeps nominating 5/10 and 3/10, so yeah.

>This to me succeeded where Dark Knight Rises failed to show a hero past their prime and on their last legs.

Very good point, in many ways it's better than The Dark Knight series - both are what comic book adapted movies should be.

*weren't

Think this is going to help non-meme (deadpool) superhero movies start to get R ratings?

i watched it in imax for 20.

fucking ticket prices god damn.

>the boat... Sunseeker...

this

>xavier
>this is the most perfect night i've had in a long time

Depends on the gross, if it gets deadpool level gross which it probably will the other two major capeshit studios will give it a shot

It's gorier than Deadpool (which was pretty tame)

Are you saying you think La La Land was 5/10? Have you seen it?

This is a good thing too. That means that the studio would be willing to do more stuff that isn't because of dick jokes with gradeA internet marketing.

Sad thing is Marvel won't do R rated movies unless they're stretched to 13 episodes on a smaller budget.

>it wasn't me
>IT WASN'T ME

Someone started fucking cutting onions near me, the dicks.
This was my exact face when Laura tilted the cross into an X though.

I hope so, not that they should all be R-rated from here on out but use it sparingly when it fits the character/story or even just kind of hit the story notes proper without having to toss in a song and dance to spare the audience's feelings when they start to feel sadbad.

armpit stab

I'd like to see them retire rdj from the mcu like this 2bh, with mel gibson directing so the R rating'd actually be an r rating

Any good pee break moment halfway through the movie or so?
Going to watch it this weekend but have a bladder of an old man.

What current capeshit could help from an R rating?

I'm thinking aquaman maybe.

Have I seen a movie where the lead romantic epiphany is portrayed by dollying on a P.A.?

Yeah, I've seen it

Laura taking a harpoon through the chest

Right in the feels lads.

Iron Man's weapons could make for some pretty brutal injuries with an R rating

I really REALLY wish this would get Disney to take a bloody chance with this kind of stuff, even if was something like tonally consistency.

IM3 does have hiroshima shadows and that one guy in Air Force One getting a huge hole zapped through his chest at close range but it's nothing some of the gore in this.

>Tilted the cross to an X

shit was so perfect I'd probably use it as a wallpaper once the 1080 gets uploaded in the next months.

what pre-Logan movie could have benefited from an R rating?

No.
But if you have to. Probably when they have a car accident on the road.

guilty erection right there. The rage was perfect.

>adamantium bullets can pierce adamantium
>Logan has been stabbed and slashed with adamantium claws
>stands to reason his bones are slashed, bent, out of shape

He's probably always in some kind of pain.

>Laura covering Xavier from the bullets

When Logan goes sleeping on the wheel. You have a good minute of wee time for that.

Ghost Rider 1 I guess.

>Laura in every fight scene
She suffers more on the inside as the movie goes on.

Cheers, that's just flashbacks then?

To be fair I think the adamantium bullet is kind of a plot hole.
Logan's brain (when it was at full power) should've been able to recover from a bullet wound

This senpai

That's true. Also a Blade reboot and obviously Punisher but then again the latter is pretty boring compared to other characters.

No, there's just a slow couple of minutes where Logan is too tired to drive and Laura sleeps for a little bit and then drives the rest of the way.

Bullet wound, yes. It happened in Xmen 1.
Adamantium bullet, no it's game over for our boy Logan son

>age of ultron
>war machine falls out of the sky
>nigga wearing half a ton of armor making a crater impact
>my back hurts lol
Should have been nothing but pulp when tony pulled the faceplate off.

No, it's more on emphasizing Logan's health to which he passes out, wakes up, passes out again.

X24's been shown to be a bit of a lesser clone given that the farmhouse fight had done quite a number on him.

Get an adult diaper, I usually drink lots of beer at the theater and that's what I do

The entire farm scene was fantastic, but The introduction of X-24 and Xavier's death was a fucking gut punch that I saw coming, and it still hurt.
>It wasn't me
>Sunseeker
>Logan going full beserker rage on 24
>the black dad turning the gun on Logan because he deserved it
>Laura freaking the fuck out when seeing Xavier's dead body
It's fucking kino lads

Totally pissed at no one major dying at that movie.

What's the difference?

Laura was also freaking out because she had temporarily lost trust in Logan due to the confusion.

Healing's worse in Logan. His mutant buddy had noted that his wounds have been healing far slower and sometimes not at all. The only thing strong in him is the admntium coating.