We all know that La La Land is the epitome of dishonest filmmaking. What's the best example of good, honest filmmaking?

We all know that La La Land is the epitome of dishonest filmmaking. What's the best example of good, honest filmmaking?

your mother getting pounded by two black dudes

your mother getting pounded by two black dudes

This

your mother getting pounded by three black dudes

a documentary of your mother getting pounded by two black dudes directed by werner herzog

a movie of your mother ironically getting pounded by two black dudes directed by Lars Von Trier

problem child 2

Moonlight

There are none who can remove themselves from the gaze of other people and be objective.

anything by bergman

Literally Stanley Fucking Kubrick

Fpbp

the woman in the septic tank

Can someone tell me what's dishonest about this masterpiece? I keep seeing that word parroted around.

>masterpiece
Stopped reading

This. Is it the newest spicy meem here or is there some valid criticism I'm not aware of?

It was like what a redditor who's never seen an MGM musical thinks an MGM musical is like.

I want Damien's 10/10 gf.
He can go fuck himself tho.

But I've seen pretty much all the greatHollywood musicals, as well as the French New Wave ones. That's why I love La La Land, because it harks back to that era.

>Honest
I laughed hard. I didn't watched a more award-bait movie since Theory of Everything

>What's the best example of good, honest filmmaking

>award-bait movie
how can you think that about moonlight shit is probably the indiest movie to win best picture

Zack Snyder.

It's so bait that it actually won, silly boy.

>dishonest
What that meme means? It's the weirdest meme ever lol

has all the bait tropes a movie can have

>What's the best example of good, honest filmmaking?

Into the Inferno by Werner Herzog.

It's about fucking volcanoes but he manages to put so much of himself into it he's basically telling his story as a filmmaker (Zog has made a number of Volcano movies over the years).

I would refer OP Faggot to the scene where he discusses with the Vulcanologist why he is not disappointed why he cannot go down to the bottom of the volcano (and get a shot).

It's a new way of saying it panders to the audience and shows them what they want to see (as opposed to the director's vision).

The director is someone born in 1985 and from New Jersey who co-wrote the 10 Cloverfield lane movie. Do you really think he has some love of old 40s MGM musicals and 'old' Hollywood?

yes

Any movie that doesn't care about Oscars or getting released in mainstream movie theaters.

Are you on the autistic spectrum? I bet you work at Hollywood kek

tbqh

Narrated by him would be better. His voice is so soothing.

What is there to even be dishonest about?
I do not understand

It's a meme, ingore it.

Theres your start point